It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

• talwin??

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-05-2005, 04:29 PM   #1
    tabbithy
    (female)

tabbithy HB User
    talwin??

told doctor I didn't want loratab he prescibed talwin. what is it?
    I can't really find anything but that it is an anelgesic.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-05-2005, 07:31 PM   #2
    CarGuy232
    Inactive
    (male)

CarGuy232 HB User
    Re: talwin??

Pentazocine and Naloxone

Hope this helps.

Pentazocine has opiate-like effects, while the naloxone counteracts the effects, giving pain releif yet not allowing you to get high.

Not sure if the naloxone in this would send you into withdrawals if you are opiate dependant.

Old 05-06-2005, 06:02 AM   #3
    feelbad
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User

If I remeber right(i took this many years ago for a bad burn and refused narcotics for obvious reasons)the naloxone is only 'activated" if this drug is misused in some form by changing the intended delivery system(like trying to inject it?)i would talk to your pharmacist before taking it if you are also taking any sort of narcotic just to be on the safe side though.This is what they are trying to do with Oxycontin,placing naloxone in it so it cannot be abused anymore.Marcia

Old 05-06-2005, 06:10 AM   #4
    lisaaahubb
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

lisaaahubb HB User

Taberlan is that you??????
    I once got a script for that but was too chicken to try it, because at the time, i was really addicted to percs and oxy. I was too afraid it was gonna send me into w/d. But i did hear, it only does that if it is injected or snorted then the naloxone kicks in and causes immediate w./d.....
    I don't know much about it, and i don't think it is prescribed too much these days anymore. Used to be popular in the 70's i think. That is why they added the naloxone in....to stop the abuse.
    Let me know if you take it...
    luv,
    LISA

Old 05-06-2005, 01:02 PM   #5
    HydroQueen
    (female)

HydroQueen HB User

Lisa,
    How are you? I've been thinking about you!!! Update me when you can, or direct me to a thread - you know I'm always here for you!!! HUGS, HQUEEN

Old 05-06-2005, 07:48 PM   #6
    tabbithy
    (female)

tabbithy HB User

yeah it's me taberlan, I haven't taken them. I have gone back to work after having the baby and needed something for the pain in my back, but for now I guess I will stick to b.c.. Don't want to take any thing with narcotics in it. I had to much trouble getting where I am at...Thanks to all those that replied.

Old 05-07-2005, 03:06 AM   #7
    lisaaahubb
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

lisaaahubb HB User

Heyyyyyyyyyyyy!!! How's that baby girl of yours doing???? How is work? I see you are doing well, aside from the back issues. Did you give advil alternating with tylenol a try??? That works WONDERS for me when my back acts up and recently when i had a migraine for 2 1/2 days that is the only thing that stopped it. Give it a try.
    Is the baby sleeping thru the night yet? I have been trying to help my neice out with her 2 month old baby when i can....he is a DOLL!! I love to see that smiling and coo-ing....kinda like a natural buzz LOL LOL
    O.k.....check in once in awhile...i can see you are on the up and up and doing well. Way to go!
    Have a HAPPY MOTHER"S DAY tomorrow!!!! You have come a long way, taberlan!!! I am really, really proud of you. You have been going thru so much, you probably haven't even realized what an amazing accomplishment you have made.... giving birth to a beautiful baby girl, kicking drugs, going back to work....
    I hope you enjoy tomorrow, you certainly deserve it!!
    Lots of love,
    LISA

Closed Thread