It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

• Sara (Sarandipity) = 8 MONTHS SOBER !!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-08-2005, 10:34 PM   #31
    Sarandipity
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Sarandipity HB User
    Re: Sara (Sarandipity) = 8 MONTHS SOBER !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gosh Ell, you just touched my heart in a way that is so rare. I love you for that! You are a remarkable woman and so honest and your words are heart- felt! Thank you so much for asking about my interviews! I went on my 3rd interview with an IT Staffing Co in which I would be doing what I was doing at my previous job. The interview was long but I knocked there socks off!

But... the funny thing is I met a girl in AA who does Finance and Accounting Staffing at the largest Staffing Co in the World. I sent her my resume- went for my 1st interview with them yesterday- and it went so well- I had another interview today except it was by phone. I found out later Im going on the the next level.... another phone interview. There is 3 in all. The co has a great reputation and they pay very well. I was very impressed by everything Ive come across with them so far. I have a VERY good feeling about this job!

About having meetings at correctional facilities.... I went to a CA meeting tonight and a guy who shared said all he had to do to get wine is knock on his cell- mates mattress and ask... he got drunk all the time in jail- he said the guards were bringing it in, and all he had to do to get herion is give up his lunch or dinner plate! He said people got strung out on herion in jail. It made my skin crawl. Tonight the meeting was on turning your life over to the care of God as we understood him. It was a great meeting. Mixed feelings all over the room.

Thank you for sharing with me about your Mom and Dad. I love you that much more, ya know that? Thank you for being open. You are a remarkable women Ell!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I still take it one day at a time too....... sometimes one minute at a time depending on the situation! It helps to have people around me who I see are having the same feelings and struggles that I have.

Its soooooooo sweet of you to write... I will always be here for YOU too !

Love so much,

Sara

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-09-2005, 03:23 AM   #32
    toomany
    (female)

toomany HB User

Hi,

I'm here

I didn't go to Sunshine Sat night. I got lazy and didn't feel like making the drive back in to town from Sugar Land. I had been at the Center For Recovering Families earlier that day at a John Bradshaw workshop. There is going to be a 3 day workshop in Sept called Finishing Up Your Business With Mother," well, I don't think that is exactly the name of it but that is the jist. I'm hoping to go to that one too.

My plan is to go back to Survivors this Friday, & Sunshine Sat. Although both of those meetings imtimidate/scare me. But I'm going anyway and praying they won't call on me

My son went to the hospital Sunday night because he had a couple of seizures due to a change in his psych meds. I think he would be better off with just an antidepressant but it's not my call. I picked him up at the hospital Tuesday and dropped him off at the Heights Group. He's in God's hands...not mine.

That is good news about the interviews. My guess is that you make a great impression. It sounds like you will have a solid job offer soon.

Ell, I do love to read your posts. You are so open and honest with us and I like that about you. I just wanted you to know that.

Take care,
    Patty

Old 06-09-2005, 08:36 AM   #33
    Ellnyc
    (female)

Ellnyc HB User

Oh Sara and Patty- thank you so much for your kind words! Sara, thank you too for the love and care you offer me and so many others here and in the "real world". They are truly the words of healing. Still many demons and much sadness to overcome. I am so grateful for the love, understanding, gentleness and the tools of recovery that I have been shown.
    Wishing you all a gentle recovery.
    With love and care,
    Ell

Last edited by Ellnyc; 06-09-2005 at 09:05 PM.

Old 06-09-2005, 07:10 PM   #34
    Sarandipity
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Sarandipity HB User

The easier, softer way. Hmmmmmmmm sounds good for short term... but I think Im sticking to this for the l-o-n-g haul!!!!!!!!!!!!

Patty, see you Friday at Survivors... it intimidates me too a little because there are a lot of people there with long term sobriety. Ive only been called on once in all the times Ive been there! One of the girls I met at the Correctional facilities meetings is meeting me there too. She is on the commission, I met her right after she got out of prison and she is doing so well and opened my eyes at how bad some women in prison REALLY want help such as getting Big Books, and having the option to go to an AA meeting. I thank God I met her.

I read about your son, can you talk to the doctor about his meds- Im not a doctor but I do know from experience that they are human too and some do things a lot different. I would start there and then see if your son starts feeling better. Having seizures is serious business and I thank God he made it to the hospital.

Im having a garage sale on Saturday morning so I need to go price one million toys right now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love ya!

Sara

Closed Thread