It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Fioricet w/cod 30mg-HELP ME GET OFF IT

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-22-2005, 04:26 PM   #1
Tearsinmyeyes
(male)

Tearsinmyeyes HB User
Fioricet w/cod 30mg-HELP ME GET OFF IT

Migraines. Introduced to Fioricet w/cod 30mg. Take two to stop headache. Then three. Then sometimes 4/5 in a day. Been going on since April 2004. Below represents the number taken in one day with each number being a different day. Beginning 6May05 to 22May05.
1 Right at this point I feel 'weird'-sorta freakin' out
1 Actually, don't feel too awful bad on this day
1 Not feeling as good as I'd like to, cannot sleep
0 Felt terribly bad in the evening, no sleep, none at all
5 In the morning felt like I was going nuts, freakin out bigtime,diarrhea. After taking the 3rd on this afternoon I began to feel 'better'
5 From here down I've been feeling really terrible till I take the medicine.
3 This day I've felt bad all day. Took one 5mg valium, and then ate something and feel much better.

Seems like the valium helps as I've used it during the week where I used only 1 F daily. Eating food actually seems to make me feel better. Sleep seems to be a luxury, when it happens. Some of the dreams are terrible nightmares.

I have to stop this 'yesterday'. I exercise and that too seems to help. Is there a plan of escaping this monster without it noticing I'm leaving it behind?

Please. Is the 'taper' method best? By my numbers above what would ya'll recommend? On that day above where I'd used '0', the next day I had a bad bad bad headache..........and that's why I even took the eventual 5.........which started with 3 to stop the headache and then the 2 extra later.

Could I just CT with this and use valium to calm me down?

Ok........someone send an angel my way and get these tears out of my eyes and this demon off my back. I am so very weary.

Jim

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-23-2005, 03:49 AM   #2
sons2
(female)

sons2 HB User
Re: Fioricet w/cod 30mg-HELP ME GET OFF IT

Hi Jim,

If you can taper down, this is the way to go. The first few days with NO Fioricet will not be pleasant, you CAN get thru it. You DO NOT want to CT this drug. You can have a seizure. I was addicted to it for about a year and a half. I had Vicodin to help me with some of the w/d's. I'm sure the Valium will help w/ the anxiety (sp?). but this obviously will not help with the headaches. I was up to 10 per day....I started by cutting down 1 pill per day. Excedrin Migraine also helps.

You CAN do this........I was in the same boat you are in, but I am off the Fioricet now. You will be fine. Are you taking any kind of preventive meds for your migraines? I'm taking Inderal LA, very effective in cutting my migraines down. Let me know how you are doing.........my demon is now Soma's for my back.............darn those litte pills............I will be praying for you

sons2

Old 05-23-2005, 07:43 AM   #3
Tearsinmyeyes
(male)

Tearsinmyeyes HB User

Don't mean to sound ignorant but can I do a taper down like this

Day 1----5caps
Day 2----4caps
Day 3----3caps
Day 4----2caps
Day 5----1caps
Day 6----1caps
Day 7----0caps

I just happen to have some Inderal LA too to help with the headaches.

Jim

Old 05-23-2005, 09:58 AM   #4
Hollyday
(female)

Hollyday HB User

Since you have been taking 3 a day for the last couple of days, I don't think I would start your taper with more than that. How about starting with 3, then cutting them in half? Like 3, then 2 1/2, then 2, etc etc.... Any way you go, you'll be a little miserable so you might just have to bite the bullet, but I think it would be reasonable to start the tapering with 3. JMHO!

Old 05-23-2005, 10:16 AM   #5
dwp512
(male)

dwp512 HB User

I agree...no sense in increasing the dose to start the taper, but I would recommend a slower pace. What worked for me was to drop the dose and stay there for 3-4 days...once I 'stablized' at that dose, then do it again. The end was actually a relief.

Go for it...just remember it's not a race. I'd either bite the bullet and CT it or taper slower. Just my opinion.

Old 05-23-2005, 10:52 AM   #6
Tearsinmyeyes
(male)

Tearsinmyeyes HB User

Thank all who've made a comment. It's going to help and actually make things easier. I got up today and sorta felt like I was going nuts. Remember now that I took 3 yesterday [Sunday 22May05].

After feeling like I was going crazy for awhile I took just one [1] and it made me feel better. That was 3 1/2 hours ago.

I agree with the taper thing because it just makes sense. To gradually take less, allowing my system to adjust to the lower intake, and then reduce again every couple days till I take NONE.

Since I took three [3] each day for these last several days I think I'll try to taper from that figure. I know I can do this. It may feel tolerably uncomfortable at times but it'll work. CT'ing it could produce an unwanted seizure and I don't need that.

Again, thank you all who commented. Your words are a treasure for me. There's got to be other ways for migraines.

Closed Thread