It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

• Had cocaine and ecstasy,now having violent jumping and vision shaking

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-24-2005, 12:38 PM   #1
    John_Ireland
    (male)

John_Ireland HB User
    Had cocaine and ecstasy,now having violent jumping and vision shaking

Hey,
    I have been having a few problems for the last 2 weeks and I dont know if it could be serious.

My vision has been getting very blurred, it seems like my eyes just shake very hard. Everything around me looks like it is shaking from side to side.

After my eyes shake my body feels very weird and most of the time my full body gets a violent shake. Sometimes I nearly jump off the seat and a few times I have dropped things.

It's a very weird feeling and I don't know what could be causing it.

I don't know if this could be related....but 2 weeks ago was the first time I had cocaine.
    It was a few days after that this started.

It went on for maybe 5 days then stopped for a few, I thought it was gone and it was from the cocaine but it has come back and is just as bad.

I am 18 and have never had any medical problems before.

Anyone know what could be causing this and if it was the cocaine?

Thanks
    John

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-24-2005, 01:43 PM   #2
    CarGuy232
    Inactive
    (male)

CarGuy232 HB User
    Re: Had cocaine and ecstasy,now having violent jumping and vision shaking

Rapid, involuntary eye movement is called "nystagmus"

This is one of the effects that can happen with any extreme stimulant such as methamphetamine, coke, ecstasy etc etc

Usually nystagmus only effects the person while she/he is under the influence of such drugs, but i guess it could last until the central nervous system has slowed down completely.

Give it a few more days, if it doesn't get better i'd go see a doctor.

Last edited by CarGuy232; 05-24-2005 at 01:43 PM.

Old 05-24-2005, 03:25 PM   #3
    Nervous Nellie

Nervous Nellie HB User

Hi John,

I can imagine how scary these symptoms must be for you.

You're the same age as my son (a recovering drug addict) and he did lots of Ecstasy ("E) as well as cocaine (snorted) and crack cocaine (smoked).

Since he's been in recovery he told me that cocaine is a major stimulant, like drinking a hundred cups of coffee in one sitting.

He said that "E" induces a feeling of tranquility, just like an anti-depressant from the seratonin category. "E" works to raise your level of seratonin to amazing heights, but when you come down, your seratonin levels in your brain have become so depleted, that it's a real downer.

I agree with CarGuy, if you don't start feeling better in a few days, please see a doctor. With coke especially, usually it's been cut with less than desirable other substances. You really don't know what your ingesting...even with Ecstasy.

Being 18 with no previous medical problems or drug abuse, I would tend to believe that yes, it was the coke and ecstasy that affected your vision and are causing you to have muscle twitches and jumps...both drugs have very powerful effects on the brain and the central nervous system. I guess it's like a Russian Roulette as to who can do these drugs for years and not react at all, versus someone such as yourself whose body may have said "no way!".

I hope you start to feel better soon, and if you don't, I hope you visit a medical professional. It's wonderful that you came to this forum and I'm sure there will be many others along shortly to give you better insight as to the effect of those drugs you took.

Best of luck, kiddo. You have our prayers and support.

Nellie

Old 05-24-2005, 04:59 PM   #4
    John_Ireland
    (male)

John_Ireland HB User

Thanks very much CarGuy and Nellie

I had taken E's a good few times before and didn't get this problem, but like you said, there could be anything in the pills.

I know others that had the same pills and they don't have the problem but I guess everyone can react differently.

I have been doing a lot of reading and it seems other people are experiencing the EXACT same thing as me, and they have all taken ecstasy.

A few medical names that came up were Trigeminal Neuralgia or Tic Doloroux(sp?).

Does anyone know about this?

I have actually been looking around for information on this since I first got it. When it first started I was in a very bad state.
    For 2-3 nights I couldn't sleep, it was a killer. I would wake up about 20 seconds after I fall asleep and jump out of the bed most of the time.
    The reason was because I was paralysed for maybe 10 seconds after I woke up and it seemed like there was something "black" infront of me, very hard to describe but I can say its the most frightening thing I have ever experienced.

My head has been sore all day, mainly just on the right temple and I took normal painkillers twice, didn't help at all so I just left those.

If anyone is reading this and thinking of taking drugs, take my advise and stay away.
    It might seem attractive and like it will give your night (Or 4 night weekends in my case) a better "boost", but the effects really aren't worth it.
    If you are going to do anything, stick to drink.

Old 05-24-2005, 05:07 PM   #5
    John_Ireland
    (male)

John_Ireland HB User

Found the other name, tic douloureux.

I don't know if this is the same thing but the symptoms sound like what I am feeling.
    It was someone else that mentioned this in another thread that had a lot of people saying the same thing I have and they all had ecstasy.

Old 05-25-2005, 07:48 AM   #6
    John_Ireland
    (male)

John_Ireland HB User

Well I went to the local health centre and I have to fill out forms and wait until Wednesday just so I can get registered, then I need an appointment

I didn't get to sleep until after 6.30am this morning because it was really bad last night, when I did get to sleep I woke up every 5 minutes jumping up in my bed.

I had to stay at home, I am meant to travel 1hour 40mins for my work but I get my bus at 7am, I can't do this every morning when I don't get any sleep.

Is there anything I can do?

Also....I'm a little worried.
    When I register for a doctor I have to give a urine sample.
    What will happen when these drugs are found in my system?

Old 05-25-2005, 08:00 AM   #7
    Sandyspen
    Veteran
    (female)

Sandyspen HB UserSandyspen HB User

John, I don't know anything about the drugs, but I think you're doing exactly the right thing by going to the doctor. This might be totally unrelated and a physical problem that you need to address right away.

If the urine tests show anything.......it could only be helpful for the doctor as you might want to tell him the truth anyway.

Glad you're going to the doc! Be sure and keep us updated. I'm concerned and wishing you the best.

Old 05-25-2005, 12:47 PM   #8
    MSH

MSH HB User

Although mostly great, I have had a few bad experiences after taking E, although I have never done coke. My sleep patterns would be messed up for up to 3 months and I would feel as though I stopped breathing at night, would see strange patterns at night and have a feeling of terror around me when I woke up. You are right of course, it is not worth the 4 hour high, although stopping can be tough. Just remember, your body is very strong and will heal itself. My symptoms for those few bad experiences, no matter how bad, always passed, even when I was sure that it would not. You are very young and this will pass too. But seeing your doctor is a good idea just in case it is unrelated.

Old 05-27-2005, 10:46 AM   #9
    tony_b

tony_b HB User

John,

Hang in there man! I did alot of that stuff when I was your age and it led to other decisions that I wish I would have steered clear from! You are young and take this as a learning experience as to not use drugs to make you feel good! They make you feel good at first and then later on down the line, you take them b/c you need them to make you not feel sick! It's not fun man! Good Luck man! You are doing the right thing by going to see a Dr. about it. Just be honest and he/she will be able to help you that much more!

Closed Thread