It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

FOR SNEEZY! (Ukonom)

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-24-2005, 01:51 PM   #1
Done with Drugs
(female)

Done with Drugs HB User
FOR SNEEZY! (Ukonom)

Hi Ukonom,

Sorry for the 'lil joke, I couldn't help it. I recently posted a new thread about a drug by the name of "Buspar", aka. Buspirone, no relation to Buprenorphene, which is sub.

Anyway, I read in a British Medical Journal about Addiction, a recent article regarding the comparison of clonidine and Buspar for withdrawals.
The Buspar in doses fromn 15 mg to 30 mg won hands down for easing wd's.
Buspar is a totally NON ADDICTIVE med. for anxiety. I am not really sure how it works, but I have taken it before when I did not want to take Xanax (an addictive anti anx. med) You can stop it on a dime and there are no effects. I was wondering if this would get rid of your lingering wd's. I have read before that some drugs collect in the fat of our bodies and take a while to disapear, but I don't know if this includes opiates. If you have a doctor, please ask him about this drug. Apparently, it got rid of withdrawals in a study comparing Clonidine and Buspar. The study was trying to find a non addictive help for addicts. Just FYI
emily's mom

Last edited by Done with Drugs; 05-24-2005 at 01:52 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-24-2005, 04:01 PM   #2
Ukonom
(male)

Ukonom HB User
Re: FOR SNEEZY! (Ukonom)

LOL.....that was pretty funny! Today is Day 39 for me. I have a good couple of days and the sneezing is minimal now, only real symptons I have had are watery eyes, which I can't figure out. This Buspar sounds very interesting.....and if I had it to do all over again, I would look into it.
I agree that opiates will stay in your body in the tissues, and that may be what I'm dealing with...........still, my energy is starting to come back, and the weather seems to be helping my attitude. I've had minimal cravings, so that is good, sleep has been wonderful. Let us know if you go the Buspar route if you have any problems getting off the sub. I'm very curious. Well, Sneezy out!
Ukonom

Old 05-24-2005, 06:03 PM   #3
Done with Drugs
(female)

Done with Drugs HB User
Lightbulb Re: FOR SNEEZY! (Ukonom)

Dear Ukonom,

I did want to say to you, ~~~~~~~BIG CONGRATULATIONS~~~~~~

I tried to quit the sub. at 1mg. and after four days I was absolutely suicidal (really) I had started taking Adderal for ADD on the same day that I had the last dose of sub. I thought the horrible, anxious, no energy, depressed feeling was from the Adderal. On the fourth day, I had a thought that it might be the sub. and took 2 mgs. within a half hour I felt normal again. That is the first time I realized that there were Sub. withdrawals. I went in to see my doctor and he explained it to me. He gave me thirty 2mgs. and told me to just taper as slowly as possible. I also went to the Medical Library at the University and began my own research. I now go there weekly as I have business there and look through the journals on addiction and see if they have added anything new. It's interesting, the U.K. and Europe have been using Suboxone and Subutex since the mid nineties so they have a lot of research on it.

So, Ukonom, I find it incredible that you were able to hold your own (How long did you take the sub?) I could not have stood another day, the way that I felt. I am now down to only .02 per day with no wd's at all. The only problem is that it will be invisible soon. I am going to start tomorrow to skip a day and see how that goes and then cut it in half and so on. It will be like putting a tiny,teeny crumb under my tongue, but I am a big baby, so I have to go really slow. I think that the doctors need to work on this situation as many people want to maintain on it for a while, but not forever.

Now, I am confused, did you use Sub.? I can't remember, but if you didn't, you still are a hero to me because you did not slip.

""GREAT BIG HUG""

Linda

Old 05-24-2005, 10:19 PM   #4
Ukonom
(male)

Ukonom HB User
Re: FOR SNEEZY! (Ukonom)

DOne with Drugs-
No, I didn't use Sub. I'm very interested in it because I see a lot of people using it. Whatever works! A lot of what I've read though appears that those people still go through withdrawals, so I'm curious how it might minimize the withdrawals. There is a lot of things I would've done differently, but chose to go through hell and back to feel the pain (you know) so I would always remember. Well I got my wish. I CT'd after a binge of roughly 30 Norco the day before. I knew what I was in for, so I guess that helped. I'm still feeling some residuals on Day 39, but have had some great days in between. At least my sleep is back....and that is one of the most important things for me. I'm never going back to the pills. I believe this! After battling Cancer and won, this is really a walk in the park, but still no fun.....
Ukonom

Closed Thread