It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

What is detox recipe? Also I called!!!

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-27-2005, 01:41 AM   #1
ScaredHelpless

ScaredHelpless HB User
What is detox recipe? Also I called!!!

I cant tell you how helpful you guys have been just reading your stories just seeing that the impossible is possible...well I held the phone in my hand today for three hours, I drank two glasses of wine ( I hate alcohol- sooo not a problem) and I finally dialed a suboxone clinic......no one answered so I left a message. I hope they call back....I couldn't find the courage to call another one, it was sooooo hard to do. I'm afraid...I am so scared but what else can I do? Its either face this or quit facing anything. I admire you guys so much that fact that you have triumphed over everything, I hope you take a minute every day to acknowledge how incredible strong you all are. I hope some day I can offer advice instead of need it.......I feel like that day will never come.... I guess while I wait for the doctor to call me back- over the weekend I will continue to taper ( its so hard) on tuesday I'll call another doctor why is it so hard to dial the number? Why ? Whats the worse thing that could happen? I have a question another post mentioned a "detox recipe" I was wondering what that was?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-27-2005, 07:01 PM   #2
tony_b

tony_b HB User
Re: What is detox recipe? Also I called!!!

Dont be afraid to call around for the Suboxone! That's what the Dr.'s who prescribe it are there for! It saved me from killing myself as I was no longer worrying about how I was going to get more pills! You don't chase the high. You feel normal as you once did when you were clean! I wouldn't take the Subs too long though b/c you have to withdraw from them as well. Not as bad as oxy's or norcs, etc... Anyway I think you are talking about a "recipe" for the withdrawls and I have one that has helped me through some rough times. I take clonodine (high b.p. med) to help with the "skin crawling" affect that you feel once you are in serious withdrawls. I also take clonopine wafers which is to help me sleep. And of course the immodium for the bathroom trips! Plenty of water/gatorade to help re-hydrate your body. And someone to comfort you in your time of need. Even if it is someone you can talk to on the phone during your emotional times! Every day gets better and if you need anything, hollar at me. Good luck!

Old 05-27-2005, 07:25 PM   #3
Ukonom
(male)

Ukonom HB User

I will post the "detox" recipe for you here in a minute. Sub might be a good approach for you...........I know there are many here on this board that swear by it. If not, you can CT, it won't kill you just make you wish that you were. The dtox recipe can really help ease that discomfort for you, it helped me many times. You are trying to taper? I think this might be harder in many respects, I recommend biting the bullet, because it takes a ton of patience, timing, willpower, etc. Very few are able to go this route. If you do Cold Turkey, post here, it will help you! Plus the many kind people here will help you through it. It isn't impossible, and hopefully after 5 days you will be feeling sooo much better. Good Luck! When I come out of the hills I will be looking for your success story!
Ukonom

Old 05-28-2005, 05:55 AM   #4
dreaming4adayy
(female)

dreaming4adayy HB User

scaredhelpless... YOUR DOING GREAT. Just by being able to type. LOL I could barely do that my first week. Keep calling.... bug them all until you find someone to help. Its your life, fight for it.
Keep Posting..
kim

Closed Thread