It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

In desperate need of help......please...

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-28-2005, 12:21 AM   #1
ScaredHelpless

ScaredHelpless HB User
In desperate need of help......please...

Okay its me again, I'm so full of questions. I'm filled with such anxiety tonight. Sometimes I wish I could go back to the denial stage I hate that I have this problem and I hate what I am doing to myself and my family and I hate my life somethings got to happen soon or...I dont know...But I dont think I am strong enough to stop. What is everyone's opinion on Tapering vs. C/T ?? (i'm currently chewing 60-80 mg OXY's a day) I am so confused but I am ready to do something....I also considered methadone but I know very little about it. What should I expect and for how long? I'm on the edge and I want to leap before I fall... All I can think about for the past three days is quitting and how to do it.....Please advice on how to start this process I done know how to take the first step.....

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-28-2005, 04:12 AM   #2
katieb16
(female)

katieb16 HB User
Re: In desperate need of help......please...

I haven't read the other responses to this message, so I don't know if I am just repeating what others have said. If I do, I apologize.
The first thing you should do is try to get into a rehab facility. Barring that (which you should only ever do because of lack of money.. and even then, they will usually work with you to help you pay for it), you should be calling NA or AA 1800 numbers. People there can be helpful and direct you to meetings.
Once in a meeting, you should ask someone to be your temporary sponsor. They are someone you can call, at any hour, to talk if you have a craving, or even just if you need to talk. I found that in my early days in sobriety, a journal was very helpful. I keep all of them, too, so I can go back and look at how messed up my life was. It's a helpful reminder.
You should cut off or cut down on time with any friends that trigger you to use. I still see most of my old friends but it was a rare occasion indeed during my first year.
Also, maybe go out for some coffee with other people in sobriety. Get a good mix, too. They can be of both sexes, different ages, different lengths of sobriety, different interests. Anyone with one day more than you, has got something to offer. You are also welcome to message or email me if you would like.
I hope that this has helped, even a little.
-k
I am not trying to sound condescending - just thought I might give you some tips.

Last edited by moderator2; 05-28-2005 at 02:35 PM. Reason: please carefully review the posting rules - no emails

Old 05-28-2005, 05:39 AM   #3
dwp512
(male)

dwp512 HB User

Hi,

first of all you are making the right decision. I liked being in denial too and if I let up for one day, I suspect I'd be right back there. I tapered from a habit not that different from yours. Took about 4 weeks, then stopped 4/1. I've never quit before, so I have no experience with C/T...my way worked for me, but it wasn't easy...I felt bad (functional, but not right) for much of the time. I feel great now and I wish I hadn't let fear keep me using for as long as I did. Start today. Right now...stay at 60 for a couple of days and then go down. Once you start, never go back up...that way I always felt like I was making progress towards my goal.

dp

Old 05-28-2005, 06:01 AM   #4
goddessgrl65
Senior Veteran

goddessgrl65 HB User

You can go to a detox facility-most local hospitals will give you info-etc..there are also free beds for those who can't afford it..5-7 days-will wean you off the oxys w/ meds-(depends on the detox)-many use suboxone now-when you leave you will be off the drugs-and tired-but detoxed.
If you can take a week off-id definitely try this route.
Wishing you healing..
ggrl

Closed Thread