It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

I'm back...It's day 10!!!!!

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-07-2005, 12:35 PM   #1
Suz123
(female)

Suz123 HB User
Thumbs up I'm back...It's day 10!!!!!

DAY 10 WOOOOHOOOOO

Well, for the first time in my life (24 yrs) I can actually say I am proud of myself. One for kicking the habit and another for turning pills down. I have relapsed in the past but for some reason this time feels different to me. Since I found opiates 6 years ago and have used everyday for the last 2 years I think I am doing pretty darn good. For once I am able to make plans and not worry about having to cancel them because of possibilty of having no pills. I am still having w/d symptoms (sweating, anxiety, hot/cold flashes everynow & then, fatigue, insomnia ) but I feel so much better.

I have got out of the house more in the last 4 days than I have in the last 4 months. Before I would just take pills and being in my house was soooo much fun. I could find the littlest things to occupy my time (had a spotless house hehe). Now I am so bored and just want to be outside doing something active. I guess one could say I am trying to make up for lost time. Now that my heads clear I'm looking back at the things/people I have done wrong and wishing there was a way to fix it. But as my favorite saying goes, "don't dwell on the past, it will only makes things worse"

I am looking forward to the future. I know it will be a rocky road but I finally feel like I have enough strength to be on the right road to recovery. My husband, family, & friends are very supportive, I have my Recovery Bible my Mom gave me (wonderful thing to read), and I have these message boards (major help with strength & motivation).

So, for those of you out there in your first couple of days of w/d's, it does get better. I know it hurts but it's only temporary. Don't give in and take more pills. The high only last a minute and recovery is forever.

~Suz~

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread