It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

is this normal?

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-12-2005, 11:48 AM   #1
jason_1981

jason_1981 HB User
is this normal?

i have been off percs for sometime now and my emotions are crazy, i can cry off any type of movie about anything, i can cry off just being happy and im a guy so i dont cry lol. i dont know if i can say this or not but when i have sex i release so fast because it just feels so good, and no i have never been like this so it strange to me.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-12-2005, 04:49 PM   #2
Nixroxu
(female)

Nixroxu HB User
Re: is this normal?

no it is not crazy it is called feeling your emotions. and when you take pain meds you have none. don't worry i have gone through the same thing that is with the cry thing. very rarley do we see men cry as if they have no emotions....so it is nice to know we are all human after all. i would much rather have a man who cry's then one that won't. continued good luck to you. sandy

Old 06-13-2005, 03:40 AM   #3
jason_1981

jason_1981 HB User

thanks
so is it possible you could stop likeing someone you met and liked while on the percs? like say u meet this guy/girl while u are on percs, then you quit is it normal if all of a suddin u are like what was i thinking??

Old 06-13-2005, 04:55 AM   #4
goddessgrl65
Senior Veteran

goddessgrl65 HB User

definitely..i no longer hang out w/ any of my old friends-i still care..and most of them cleaned up-too many bad memories..
I think that you hook up w/ people in that opiated state..(like any buzz)-and then your perspective changes when your clean..
peace..
ggrl

Old 06-19-2005, 10:12 AM   #5
heyageezer
(male)

heyageezer HB User

he met the girl but he was the only one using i think, if thats the case well now itll be do or die as for the future.

Old 06-20-2005, 08:48 AM   #6
young momma
Veteran
(female)

young momma HB User

My husband went from vicodin up to those horrible things. He is 30. He has been off pills for 8 months now and still just burst into tears. At first, I thought he was crazy. I didn't realize he was coming back to life!! After 8 months though, he is still on an emotional rollercoaster.

Old 06-20-2005, 10:39 AM   #7
Nervous Nellie

Nervous Nellie HB User

Jason

Feeling all this stuff is GOOD!

My best buddy is a guy and when he and I watch sad movies together, well...I pass him the kleenex too! LOL I think that is SO very normal and quite progressive in fact. To me, the stronger the man, the more ABLE he is to show his strong emotions without worrying about what others will think. When I see a man cry, I actually think he's stronger and braver than one who doesn't or can't, because he doesn't give a damn about showing his emotions to the world. To me, that is true bravery.

As for the sex thing, well, I'm sure in time you'll learn with the right partner how to adapt to her needs, so to speak. In other words, okay, so you experience total nirvana in such a short time...I think that's a normal thing too...but hey, that just may be how you're physically 'wired'. If so, then you can certainly maintain enough interest in your partner's pleasure to discover ways in which to ensure she is satisfied too.

This is all good stuff. This is finding out about what makes you tick and truly 'feeling' what you feel. I don't see anything wrong or abnormal about that. In fact I think it's great and you are just coming out of your 'drug cocoon' and becoming the person and the MAN you were meant to be!

Kudos to you!

Nell

Closed Thread