It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Day late and a dollar short

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-17-2005, 07:43 AM   #1
TomsWife
Senior Veteran
(female)

TomsWife HB User
Day late and a dollar short

Hi guys!
In reference to my thread subject, I had/have 2 months clean as of yesterday. I wanted to post yesterday but I have been soo busy. Couceling, meetings, attny meetings etc. I go to court this coming Wednesday and have been with out a licsence for over a week.
I have some health issues that warrent a procedure in July. I am extreamly nervouse about that.
Things are going better and better every day although I did have a wrench thrown in my fan the other day. My X called me and asked me to go to a AA meeting with him. Seems he just got out of jail. He's being charged with domestic violence, posession, paraphanalia (sp duh) and weapons. ..............Darn, just got called into a meeting, will finish later when I can.

Marilyn

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-17-2005, 12:52 PM   #2
Nervous Nellie

Nervous Nellie HB User
Re: Day late and a dollar short

Hi Marilyn and congratulations on your two month anniversary! That is great news!

I'm sorry to hear you have an upcoming medical procedure that is making you nervous. I hate those, too...I think most of us do. I hope and pray it will be easy for you and set your mind at ease.

Gosh, about your "ex" wanting you to go to an AA meeting with him...my only worry is that he might drag you down to a place that you've already fought so hard to rise above. It sounds as if he's been through quite a 'rough go' lately and that hearing about it may bring up a lot of past memories for you. Not having been here that long, or having a chance to read your entire history, I'm assuming that you've since remarried and have begun a new life...AND that you are trying your best to make it a really GOOD life!

Emotional ties are so strong, sometimes we find it difficult to do what is best for US, because we feel so bad for the people who've been left behind, for whatever reason. I hope that you don't feel responsible for your ex's unhappiness right now and if you DO go with him to AA, that you'll be able to be a support to him, without allowing his pain to drag YOU down as well. If you are worried that it might, then I don't think you'd be at all selfish in saying "Sorry, but I just can't right now. It would be detrimental to my own recovery". I think he should understand that, if it is the case.

I know I'm not an addict/alcoholic and surely can't put myself in your shoes, ever. As you said once before, trying to explain how one feels to a non-addict is like trying to explain to a fish how to live on land or not breathe water, or something to that effect! LOL I sure chuckled at that one, because it's so true!

All I want you to know is that I care, I think you are a great person, and a person who is trying her best to get well again and regain control of her own destiny. I hope you don't mind me adding my comments to your posts, even if I'm not going through or haven't gone through what you have endured. Addicted or not, we all need support, I think!

Hugs to you,
Nell (Karen)

Last edited by Nervous Nellie; 06-17-2005 at 12:58 PM.

Old 06-17-2005, 03:20 PM   #3
TomsWife
Senior Veteran
(female)

TomsWife HB User

Karen,
OMG. Your post was wonderful to "hear" (read). I'll explain later as I am out the door once again. Please dont hesitate to post to my threads. Your more on my wave lengh than you know..... Lets talk more later. Where is Gr8fulG?

Marilyn

Old 06-18-2005, 06:43 AM   #4
toomany
(female)

toomany HB User

Congratulations on 60 days!!

Patty

Old 06-18-2005, 09:50 AM   #5
Sandyspen
Veteran
(female)

Sandyspen HB UserSandyspen HB User

Congratulations! Marilynn!

You rock! Have a great weekend!

Old 06-19-2005, 06:34 AM   #6
goddessgrl65
Senior Veteran

goddessgrl65 HB User

Congrads on being clean-60 days..!!!
I know its been very hard these last months-
Hang in there..
Wishing you/and your husband freedom from addiction..
ggrl

Closed Thread