It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Reducing anxiety?

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-23-2005, 07:35 PM   #1
reality07
(female)

reality07 HB User
Question Reducing anxiety?

Hey,

I've been clean for four days. =) I know it doesn't sound like much, but to me it feels like a lifetime, and I'm proud. It's hard, but it's getting a little bit easier every day. I've been checking off hourly, like someone suggested on here, and it's really helping...=)
I was wondering if there is any way to reduce anxiety related to withdrawals...Whenever I really have a craving, I get anxious and "jittery"; it's hard to be still, etc. Also, it just puts me in a really bad mood. =( Are there any over-the-counter meds that could help?

Thanks =)
-Lauren

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-24-2005, 01:01 AM   #2
tony_b

tony_b HB User
Re: Reducing anxiety?

clonodine for bloodpressure DEFINATELY DOES THE TRICK for me!!! I also take clonopine to help me sleep!

Old 06-24-2005, 02:56 AM   #3
wondering1979
(female)

wondering1979 HB User

go to an herbel store and they should have something. also you should be very proud of yourself. it takes a strong person to get through this. for the anxiety you can like meditate, focus on a possitive thing in your life, or think of the end result of you being clean. take extra long deep breaths and let out slowly. this allows extra oxegen flow. you can do this.

Old 06-24-2005, 06:17 AM   #4
KFld
Veteran
(female)

KFld HB User

I went to a health food store and bought a homeopathic remedy called calms. My son has been taking 2, 3 times a day and he feels they actually help a little. He was sent home from detox with just trazadone for sleeping, so I have him on the calms and potassium pills. Someone, I think on this board, told me potassium helps with the shaky leggs. He is taking the potassium twice a day.

He was fine for the first two days after detox and then by Monday he was really feeling bad once the chlonodine and soboxone were out of his system. This is day 5 of his not feeling good, but he actually slept for around 6 hours last night and said this morning that he feels a little better today. Hopefully he's over the worst of the withdrawals and can get back to work full time next week. He needs to stay busy, busy, busy

Old 06-24-2005, 07:11 AM   #5
agentalias
(female)

agentalias HB User

You are doing great! You should be so proud of yourself. Check out the detox receipe. It contains only OTC vitamins, amino acids and great info. Do a search and you'll find it.

Take care.

Old 06-24-2005, 02:50 PM   #6
tony_b

tony_b HB User

Unfortunately the medicines I listed are not OTC. Sorry.

Closed Thread