It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

• methodone withdrawl info please

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-26-2005, 02:32 PM   #16
    thghtsreal
    Inactive
    (male)

thghtsreal HB User
    Re: methodone withdrawl info please

Quote:
    Originally Posted by bevann26
    i'm sorry you're having such a bad time right now. my son has been on 100mg of meth for a mo. now. that has been my concern, the withdrawal from meth. he does'nt seem to be concerned about it though. he tried suboxone last summer and that did'nt help him. how long were you on the meth? he seems to think that he is in chg. of his dose and length of time he takes it. is that true? i feel that he is replacing illegal drugs with a legal one. it seems like a vicious circle to me, but, i just don't understand i guess. by the way his latest addiction was snorting oxy's. i don't know if the type of drug you are using and how, how often you were using determines the strength of and length of time for meth?
    please have faith in yourself hat you can get through this hell you are in now and live a long and healthy life...............bev
    Wow, switching from Meth to Oxy. Those two are like the Yin and Yang of the drug world - one an upper and the other a depressant.

I have known and heard from MANY people who have tried to use methadone to kick drug habits (especially opiates), but I have never met or heard of anyone who actually did it and managed to get off of the methadone.

Based on the many cases I have been exposed to, I think methadone is not a viable treatment for drug addiction because the addict simply switches to a methadone addiction.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-27-2005, 06:29 AM   #17
    greeneyes109
    (female)

greeneyes109 HB User

Just a thought about switching addictions...which is exactly what I did in switching from oxys and hydrocodone to methadone. I don't mean to justify what I'm doing in any way, shape, or form, because I am buying methadone on the street just like I was buying opiates, but I have a totally different lifestyle on the meth than on the other stuff. I'm not craving the other drugs and I'm not spending every waking moment trying to score. I have a full time job and I am not spending every cent on drugs. And now I am tapering off the methadone and trying to kick it. I just seem to be stuck on that last few mgs. As hard as this stuff is to kick, I can't imagine where I'd be right now had I not gotten on it. I wish you the best in coming off this stuff and please keep us posted.

Old 08-27-2005, 07:06 PM   #18
    Jack Saturn
    (male)

Jack Saturn HB User

It is rare indeed to see someone go from Methadone to another Opiate and not have at least some WD from it.I went straight from 3 years of Oxycontin(was at 720mg a day when I stopped it)to Methadone.My insurance got cancelled and I only got a 6 hr. notice.My app. with the Pain Doc was 2 days after,so I made it just in time to go right to the"less costly"med.The Oxy(w./out ins.)was $1,600.00 a mo.The Methadone was $40.00.I began with 20-30mg QID and I never even thought about any Oxy WD.It was like I never even took it.Boy,was I in for it!About 5 days after starting this,I was totally out of it,slept for 28 hrs.,MAN,I never knew what it felt like to be made of rubber till then.I settled on 100mg a day but over the past 4 mos.,I've cut it to 50mg a day.What should I expect at this point?I'd like to see how low I can get,but I don't know exactly how to continue tapering or what to expect,WD wise.Jack Beanstalk

Old 09-01-2005, 12:24 AM   #19
    needingrecovery

needingrecovery HB User

Yeah, I tapered off about 2 weeks ago and have had several relapses since. My drug of choice is heroin and is abundant in the area I live in. I am going to try to go see a doctor and inquire about Lofexidine which is supposed to help with the withdrawl symptoms. You might want to see if you can get this prescription also. There is also another medication called naltrexon which can help with the cravings and accelerate detox. I am also checking into homeopathic remedies. I heard acupuncture helps calm users going through withdrawl too. When I detox this time, I never want to use opiates again. Hope this helps.
    God bless.

Old 09-01-2005, 04:03 AM   #20
    bevann26
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

bevann26 HB Userbevann26 HB Userbevann26 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by needingrecovery
    Yeah, I tapered off about 2 weeks ago and have had several relapses since. My drug of choice is heroin and is abundant in the area I live in. I am going to try to go see a doctor and inquire about Lofexidine which is supposed to help with the withdrawl symptoms. You might want to see if you can get this prescription also. There is also another medication called naltrexon which can help with the cravings and accelerate detox. I am also checking into homeopathic remedies. I heard acupuncture helps calm users going through withdrawl too. When I detox this time, I never want to use opiates again. Hope this helps.
    God bless.

Old 09-01-2005, 04:08 AM   #21
    bevann26
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

bevann26 HB Userbevann26 HB Userbevann26 HB User

my son has been on meth clinic 100mg a day for 2 mos now. i am very concerned about him withdrawing from that, when and if the time comes. all he tells me is he feels "normal" on it. thankyou for the two prescription drugs that are suppose to help. i have written them down if he has a problem. best of luck to you, and you have taken the first step, knowing you have a problem and wanting to get help. please remember your life is worth more than a fix..............bev

Last edited by bevann26; 09-01-2005 at 04:09 AM.

Closed Thread