It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

• I am an 18 yr.old addict...plz help.

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-29-2005, 09:05 PM   #31
    sleepysmurf207
    (male)

sleepysmurf207 HB User
    Exclamation Re: I am an 18 yr.old addict...plz help.

Last edited by sleepysmurf207; 09-29-2005 at 09:42 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-29-2005, 09:32 PM   #32
    sleepysmurf207
    (male)

sleepysmurf207 HB User
    Wink Re: I am an 18 yr.old addict...plz help.

Sup SpasticMonkey sounds like you got the ball rolling thats the hardest part take it from me i'm 24 yrs old and it's been 5 yrs on oxycontin. I've gone cold turkey many times just cause i get sick of the slump it puts you in after all us smurfs are already blue as it is but unfortunaly my health condition always has the last word and I wind up back in that "OC" fog so i know how hard it feels to withdraw off of the oc's but keep it up because you got this far just 1 "OC" would erase that and you would have to start from the begining and you remember how hard the first couple of night's were OUCH!!!! keep it up i'll be routing for you Yours Truly "SLEEPYSMURF207"

Old 10-02-2005, 12:25 PM   #33
    SpasticMonkey
    (female)

SpasticMonkey HB User
    Re: I am an 18 yr.old addict...plz help.

YAY!!! I am on day 10 and doing great! Last night I went to homecoming and it was kinda boring I ended up leaving after an hour to go to a party. I was at the party for a while then some people left and came back with a ton of alcohol( Jager, Captain Morgan, GoldSchlager, Vodka, Gin, Jack Daniels, beer...etc.) I was very tempted to drink but ended up leaving instead. I was very happy with my decision. I am very tired today though. LOL long night...
    SpasMonkey
    I am going to NA on tuesday!!!

Old 10-02-2005, 12:40 PM   #34
    rosequartz
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

rosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB User

Spastic Monkey - I just read your post and I am so happy for you!
    Keep up the good work girl! You are doing fantastic!
    Stay strong! You are really doing well resisting temptation. You have come so far and I want to see you continue!
    Go to the meeting and keep an open mind, and keep coming here. The people here are real angels!

Old 10-02-2005, 01:03 PM   #35
    BeginAgain
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

BeginAgain HB User

Keep going girl!! You are doing GREAT. Just tell yourself you can do this. I think it's wonderful that you are doing this at such a young age. If I were there I'd wrap my arms around you for a great big ((((((((((HUG))))))))). You are doing the right thing for your health & your future.

Go to that NA meeting if you haven't already. It feels awkward at first, but just listen & you'll see yourself in someone else. If the first meeting doesn't do it for you go back anyway or find another one that fits. There will probably be some other young people there. There are also online meetings that are great!! I can't give you website names because it's against posting rules, but do a search and you'll find some online meeting resources.

We're all here for you, and we've been where you are. Let me tell you the toughest part once the WD's are over is the mental cravings. The addict in you will tell you that it's okay to use..just once more. Don't give in. This too will pass with time. Hang in there and just say no. Try to surround yourself with people who don't use. Sometimes it takes changing your habits and changing the people you hang out with. I know that can be hard, but it's important. Stay away from parties where drugs and alcohol are present - it's just too much temptation right now.

Bless you dear! We are so proud of you. Keep up the good work!!

Last edited by BeginAgain; 10-02-2005 at 01:05 PM.

Old 10-02-2005, 02:06 PM   #36
    Arememom
    Inactive
    (female)

Arememom HB User

Hey SpasticMonkey,

Glad you're having a good day and thank God you had the will power not to drink. I'm sooooo happy you're going to NA next week.

Have a good day. Aremeom

Old 10-03-2005, 09:39 PM   #37
    SpasticMonkey
    (female)

SpasticMonkey HB User

Day 11 was going pretty good until I called my significant other( the guy who I talk about in my earlier posts) and he tells me again that he doesn't want to spend time with me until I am clean. I was like I am on day11 and he goes yea but that is far away from being clean. OMG I just felt like what was all this for? and have I done nothing? I mean I worked so hard over the last week or so and he is acting like it's nothing. I am just so sad. He says all this stuff and then goes "okay, can we talk about this tomorrow?"God what a way to make me feel like a failure. I am so close to giving up. I feel horrible thinking that I could just give up. But right now it seems like I have acomplished nothing. I have my first NA meeting Tuesday at 8pm and I really nervous and I wanted someone to go with me but I don't really have anyone to take.
    This really hurts.
    SpasticMonkey

Old 10-03-2005, 10:28 PM   #38
    Arememom
    Inactive
    (female)

Arememom HB User

SpasticMonkey,

Honey, your drug addiction and the problems it has caused between you and your boyfriend didn't happen over 11 days. And it won't be fixed with 11 days clean. You boyfriend knows that and he must do what he can to take care of himself. You must concentrate on you. Take that step into NA. It is scarey that first time, but that will pass. Every person that has ever been in NA Recovery felt exactly as you do today. You are not alone. Think of it this way. You will be walking into a room of people who know you already because they know themselves. They are the most supportive, non judgemental people on the face of this earth as far as I'm concerned. You will get the same support that you get here. But it's even better!!! I don't know if you read my post about my first time in NA. I started crying when I sat down and pretty much cried the whole meeting. The only words I got out was, My name is ......., I'm an addict. It was the first time I had verbalized that aloud. I can't tell you the feeling of relief that I felt. I wish I could physically be there because I would walk by your side all the way. I will be beside you in spirit all the way, just like all your other friends here will be. So don't feel like you're alone, because we're here. I want to hear all the details when you get back from your meeting tomorrow. I hope you have a good day.

Your friend
    Arememom

Old 10-04-2005, 08:00 AM   #39
    rosequartz
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

rosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB User

Spastic Monkey - Don't turn back now, you've come so far....
    you're doing this for you, not for your significant other.
    he probably cares a lot for you and is practicing tough love for your own good.
    Keep up the good work girl, you can do it!

Old 10-04-2005, 01:33 PM   #40
    SpasticMonkey
    (female)

SpasticMonkey HB User

Thank you guys so much for being here for me. It means so much.

Today is day 12 of being clean. I felt so much like giving up last night, but I didn't ( that makes me very happy). I cried for a while because I was sad and felt really ...i dunno, just bad. But then I realized that "my significant other" (LOL) is more than likely doing what is best for both of us by staying away for a while.(still doesn't mean I like it) I also realized that I am doing this for myself and my future not him. I do still have a long way to go and it is going to be hard. I am a little depressed and a little scared. But I feel that I will be able to make it through this. I want so much to just be happy and clean and sober.

I told a friend of mine what I was doing tonight and that I was very nervous and scared and he said he would try to be there at the meeting tonight (even though he doesn't do any drugs) so that I would have someone to be with and not feel so nervous. aww.

I will post the details of the meeting when I get home tonight.

Thanks again everyone!

Love, SpasMonkey

Old 10-04-2005, 01:58 PM   #41
    rosequartz
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Sweetie we're here for you - stay strong!
    Come back tomorrow and let us know how the meeting went, ok?

Old 10-04-2005, 09:23 PM   #42
    SpasticMonkey
    (female)

SpasticMonkey HB User

I went to NA tonight and it was good. I really like the peole there. It was nothing like I expected. I will give better details later when I am not so tired.

Love,SpasMonkey!!!

Old 10-04-2005, 09:52 PM   #43
    Arememom
    Inactive
    (female)

Arememom HB User

Hey SpasticMonkey,

I'm so glad you went to NA. I'm also glad it was a good experience. Can't wait for you to share. It may be the nudge that others need so they will at least try it. Hope you have a good day.

Old 12-06-2006, 06:58 PM   #44
    SpasticMonkey
    (female)

SpasticMonkey HB User

Hey Everyone! It's been a while since I have posted. But I'm doing really good. One year clean. Thanks so much for helping me. Now Iwant to help someone. I'll write more of my story when I have more time. Just wanted to check in real quick.

MUCH Love,Cher

Old 12-06-2006, 08:53 PM   #45
    SpasticMonkey
    (female)

SpasticMonkey HB User

Alright...So its been a year as of Dec.14 that I've been clean. I relasped for about 2 months after doing really well. I'm doing really well now. My life has totally turned around. I'm engaged to an amazing guy who has changed my life in so many ways. I joined NA and my fiance's mother is my sponser. I am currently going to medical school. I have been a paitent care technician for the past couple of months. Basically I've reached a point in my life that a year ago I never thought I'd get to. I still want to ****ing pick up almost every day it seems but now I feel I have so many more reasons not to (other than myself) and people I can talk to and keep me from using. I still get really confused about what I want out of my life. At least I'm happier than I've ever been. Things aren't perfect right now nor do I think they will ever be. But since my life is going pretty well right now I want to help someone else who is going through what I went through. So if anyone needs anyone to talk to or some help please get in touch with me. You can only keep what you have by giving it away and that's what I'm going to do.
    My only question is: Do the cravings ever stop? Do the using dreams ever stop? And the flashbacks? The want to numb everything? I don't know and once again I need answers.

Love, Cher

Closed Thread