It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

• I'm new here and I need some help...

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-23-2005, 09:57 PM   #61
    GinaMia
    (female)

GinaMia HB User
    Re: I'm new here and I need some help...

Quote:
    Originally Posted by BeginAgain
    Gina how are you today?
    Oh hun, I don't know how to answer that. I've only been able to get down to 2 a day. The agitation, tremors, anxiety, heart racing and stomach cramps got so unbearable. I plan on only taking 1 tomorrow and 1 on Tuesday. We'll see. I miss being high, BeginAgain. I miss it so much. Life is perfect when I'm high. Why can't I just be high on life? Tell me how much better life will be without it. I can't even remember what it was like before.

I wish I could meet you in real life. Is there a way to get e-mails, etc. from board members?

Last edited by GinaMia; 10-23-2005 at 09:59 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-23-2005, 10:20 PM   #62
    Helping Hand
    (male)

Helping Hand HB User

I can give you about a million and a half reasons why you should quit NOW... the biggest being that in a very short time, vicodin's aren't going to be sufficient to give you that great feeling you enjoy so much... that's when the cycle really begins, when you switch to something more potent (am sure you know what i'm referring to)... i was the same as you about 2 years ago... and about 1 year ago I discovered a little thing called Oxycodone in its most concentrated form.. I told myself that I would NEVER EVER touch oxycontin's but one day eventually ended up doing so... now its been one year with several attempts to stop.. failed attempts i might add.. you think you feel sick off vicodins? Keep going on the road you are, and you will shortly discover a new hell that you cannot begin to imagine... take your vicodin withdrawl effects and multiply.... nay, the withdrawl is exponentially worse. I have never known where to draw the line and up till this, i have always been able to say enuff is enuff when i go to far... i've now said enuff is enuff on countless occasions but unfortunately its not quite that easy.. My suggestion, suck it up for a few weeks and suffer thru it uneless you want to experience a hell which is indescribable.. You want some more motivation? How about the fact that vicodin's on a regular basis do more damage to your liver than drinking a 12 pack a day every day... Seriously, please heed my advice and grin & bear it now while you are on a dosage that should be relatively easy to come off of compared to the road you're heading down... I can't tell you enuff how much I, and several people i know wish we had stopped with vicodin's...... good luck... ps. stay positive and find things to do with your time.. In a very short time, you body will readjust and get that great feeling from natural things like it used to... Opiates are THE MOST addictive substance known to man (Fact).. please go cold turkey... you'll be glad every single day for the rest of your life..
    hope this was at all helpfull...

Old 10-23-2005, 10:22 PM   #63
    Helping Hand
    (male)

Helping Hand HB User

drugs are bad... mmmmmkay?

Last edited by Helping Hand; 10-23-2005 at 10:23 PM.

Old 10-24-2005, 09:21 AM   #64
    BeginAgain
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

BeginAgain HB User

Gina dear the rules in the board do not allow us to list our e-mails or any personal information. But you can do this. Please please go to NA...or atleast check your local phone directory or the internet for a hotline. You can call and talk to someone like me..like you. They have like a crisis line where you can call and talk to someone and tell them what you are going through. They will give it to you straight. You've got to stop now. Listen to me...you will go through this all over again if you pick back up when your supply is available in a few days. Eventually you will need more and more and you will need stronger and stronger drugs to acheive the effect. Eventually you won't be high anymore....just sick. Trust me..what I am telling you and what everyone is telling you is the truth. You are getting to the other side of this now if you will just hang on. The physical stuff will get better very very soon...then the emotional part begins. This is where NA comes in. You've got to make that call. Get some NA literature, order a book or talk to someone on the hotline about getting one. They will help you if you want it. Go online and find an NA chatroom. Chat with the people there.. Even if they are in the middle of a discussion...jump in and tell them you are hurting. Please try it..reach out!!!!

Another suggestion - if you don't already have one find a good therapist..someone with experience in recovery...possibly someone in recovery. Go see them..get it out. You can be brutally honest and they will teach and lead you. I'm doing it once a week now and I look so forward to the sessions.

I swear to you life is better without the drugs - so so very much better. Your mind will be clearer. You can function without counting pills and worrying when you will run out. You can take trips and do things with your family without having to pop pills and worry about having enough to get through the trip. You never have to worry about overdose or damaging your kidneys...think of what you are doing to your body! You can just relax and enjoy if you stop. And the best part is once you are to the other side you never have to worry about running out and going through this hell again.

Tell yourself you can do this. Chant it over and over if you must. This too shall pass...this too shall pass...this too shall pass!!!! Gina I know you are strong enough. Trust me life is not PERFECT ever..even when you are high. Nothing and nobody is perfect. Living life on life's terms is the key to happiness. Learning to roll with the punches, dust yourself off and get back in the saddle. You can do this. You will get better...we do recover.

Cut off that source NOW!! Do it before you chicken out..just end it..no more drugs. Just buckle down and get through it. Nothing worth having in life is easy!! The best things in life take patience and hard work. Think about that and I'll check in on you later. Please try and take my suggestions..it's a tiny baby step. Make that phone call to cut off your source and then make the call to NA..talk to someone who is there close by and can help you. Try it!! What will it hurt? I'll be praying for you.

Old 10-24-2005, 01:36 PM   #65
    Vickyuser
    (female)

Vickyuser HB User

GinaMia,

Best reason in the world...I woke up today at day 21 with a smile on my face. Grinning like an idiot and man did it feel good! You can do it! Your reading all the posts is a great indication that you want to do this. A step in the right direction. Keep trying it's worth it.

Your Friend,
    Vickyuser

Old 10-24-2005, 06:52 PM   #66
    BeginAgain
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

BeginAgain HB User

Gina..hang in there. Hope you take my advice from earlier. Make that phone call. Read my post from today "Feeling human again". This could be you in a few weeks. Hang on...don't give in!!!!!!! I'm out here thinking of you and praying you'll find your way.
    Good night..I'll check on you tomorrow. Please let me know how you are & what you are doing to try and feel better. God bless.

Old 10-24-2005, 07:55 PM   #67
    GinaMia
    (female)

GinaMia HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by BeginAgain
    Gina..hang in there. Hope you take my advice from earlier. Make that phone call. Read my post from today "Feeling human again". This could be you in a few weeks. Hang on...don't give in!!!!!!! I'm out here thinking of you and praying you'll find your way.
    Good night..I'll check on you tomorrow. Please let me know how you are & what you are doing to try and feel better. God bless.
    You're a true dear, BeginAgain! We seem so much alike it's not even funny. Except for one thing, you're a more positive and inspirational person than I am. I admire you for that. I'm teetering on the edge right now on what I'm gonna do. I'll be honest, it doesn't look good. I know what you say is true and I'm going to try to get a hold of an N/A group in town. I got discouraged because last time I looked, I was shocked at the very few meetings available. I wanted to go to one right at that moment and there was nothing scheduled for days. I'll look again.

I want to thank all of you for the support and encouragement. You're all wonderful people. Please keep in touch with me.

Old 10-25-2005, 12:21 AM   #68
    Arememom
    Inactive
    (female)

Arememom HB User

Hey GinaMia,

We have all been exactly where you are right now. NA has online meetings every night. Search for Narcotics Anonymous and you'll find the information. I attended those meetings many times when I didn't have a car in the beginning of my recovery. The chat rooms are great. BeginAgain is right, get on and tell them you're hurting. I did it last week when I was going through my craving period and it truly was amazing. They helped me more that night than the meeting I had been at earlier that evening. Also, look for Cocaine Anonymous and Alcoholics Anonymous meetings in your area also. All the steps/principles are the same. CA and NA are actually spin offs of the original Alcoholics Anonymous. I attend NA and CA. Fortunately we have tons of meetings because I live in a huge city. I actually could go to 3-4 meetings per day if needed. Sometimes I will go to 2 meetings in a day if I feel the need. I hope you have a better night and I too will check back in the morning.

Old 10-25-2005, 06:42 AM   #69
    BeginAgain
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

BeginAgain HB User

You are right Gina..we do sound alot alike. I bet there are other similarities we don't even know about. That being said, I wasn't always feeling positive & inspirational. The last month or two has been hell. You can get here too. Believe me, if I can do this so can you. I am such a messed up person in reality...with so much stuff to work through and deal with. But I am trying very hard to move toward a solution instead of staying in the problem. You can do it to..I have faith in you.

The first step is really accepting that you have a problem and that you are powerless over it. You can't control your use and need help and support to stop. Then reach out. Find some resources near where you live. You have been given lots of suggestions that can help lead you in the right direction..you just have to get the stregnth to take that tiny baby step and do it.

You have decided you can't do it already..read your own post "it doesn't look good" - those are your words. It can look better, but you have to do a little bit of work to get to the other side of this. Putting more drugs in your body won't solve this problem, but will only prolong it. You'll just go through it again in a few weeks or a few months..or possibly even a few days. Don't give in to the temptation. You have to be almost through the worst physical part of this.

Hang on Gina. We are praying for you.

Old 10-28-2005, 07:19 AM   #70
    BeginAgain
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

BeginAgain HB User

Bumping this up...GinaMia I'm worried about you. Check in and let us know how you are. I've been thinking about you and wondering how you are.

Old 10-28-2005, 10:28 AM   #71
    Arememom
    Inactive
    (female)

Arememom HB User

Me too, GinaMia! Think about you everyday.

Old 10-28-2005, 10:50 AM   #72
    reluctant

reluctant HB User

gina,
    i know exactly where you are coming from. you know in your head what the right thing to do is, but the pills become your best friends. it's very hard to give them up. i've done it a million times. but i'm on day 4 (a million and one times, now), and feel a HUGE sense of loss. if i had one here, i'd take it. so i've purposely made them unavailable, hoping that eventually, this nagging feeling that i desperately NEED one to get through the day will go away. everyone says that part gets better. i can only hope. i'm sorry it seemed as if everyone came down so hard on you. this is a very positive board, and it seems that sometimes negativity isn't received very well. i'm here for you, feeling exactly as you are.
    good luck,
    reluctant (see, me,too)

Old 10-28-2005, 07:19 PM   #73
    Vickyuser
    (female)

Vickyuser HB User

Reluctant,
    The pills were your best friends but quickly become your enemy. Congtats on day 4. It does get easier. I am on day 25. Somedays are harder than others just like life but just hold on-hold on. The feeling or craving passes. Keep reading and posting as it really helps.

Gina how are you doing?

Your Friend
    Vickyuser

Old 10-28-2005, 07:42 PM   #74
    reluctant

reluctant HB User

thanks, vicky,
    yep--it's a total love/hate relationship. i really miss them. and days like these, i find myself trying to figure out ways to justify finding some. i have such a hard time imagining NOT wanting them as badly as i do now. sometimes, it consumes every thought. moreso than hunger or thirst. i wish i could just "fast forward", because i'm not NEARLY as strong as most poeple on this board. i have absolutely NO self control. feeling kinda crappy about myself right now, if you can't tell.
    reluctany

Old 10-29-2005, 05:52 AM   #75
    Vickyuser
    (female)

Vickyuser HB User

Reluctant

The drugs take over and force us to have no self control. But as each day passes you will get stronger and more determined to stay clean. Each time you feel the need tell yourself to hold on and wait. Get busy-take a bath-eat whatever you can do to occupy the time until the craving passes.

Lately I have been in a lot of pain but I am trying to comtrol it with OC meds. So far so good. I had to go out of town for 2 days and it was so nice not to have to count pills. It was a very stressful situation and I made it.(yeah me) and you can to. Post often were here for you!

Your Friend,
    Vickyuser

Closed Thread