It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

• nutracleanse ingredients

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-22-2005, 07:15 PM   #16
    spark-o-cet
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

spark-o-cet HB User
    Re: nutracleanse ingredients

begin did you send it back for a refund.if it didnt work you should have got your money back.you are the first that i know of that it has not worked for and i go on several different boards.-spark

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-23-2005, 06:25 AM   #17
    valleygurl
    Inactive
    (female)

valleygurl HB User

Hi all, I am with Spark and the others whom the NC has worked for!
    I swear by the stuff it is great! For me, it does take all the yucky feelings away....mental and physical.....as well as give you a super boost of energy.
    I highly recommend for anyone to at least give it a try....it could be the help you need to finally be clean.

ValleyGurl

Old 10-23-2005, 10:19 AM   #18
    OCboy03R6
    (male)

OCboy03R6 HB User

thank you i will post my thoughts/feelings of after i recieve it

Old 10-23-2005, 01:59 PM   #19
    astrolifter
    Inactive
    (male)

astrolifter HB User

Here are the following ingredients as stated on their website:

Fructose, Ascorbic Acid, Vitamin E Acetate, Niacin amide, Vitamin A, Vitamin B6, Riboflavin, BHA, L-Arginine, L-Tyrosine, DHEA, Muira, Puama, Palmetto, Berry Siberian, Yohimbe, Mint Extracts, Eucalyptus Extracts, Methylxanthine Complex, Phenthylxanthine Complex, Green Tea Leaf, L-Theanine, L-tryptophan (minute amounts) Norambrolide, Amino Acid Complex

Now let us see here...fructose is a simple fruit sugar you can get from eating any fruits. Ascorbic Acid, or what is commonly called vitamin C, you can buy dirt cheap from any drug store or even cheaper: Wal-mart. Same with all the other vitamins listed. All the amino acids and herbs can be bought at any good health food store (skip GNC, it is a rip-off!). The point is, one can buy all these ingredients and mix them yourself for probably at least half the cost of the Nutracleanse, and your supply would probably last you at least 10X as long as well. Moreover, the most potent ingredients such as the Green Tea, the L-Theanaine, and the insignificant amount of L-tryptophan are amongst the one's listed near the bottom of the list, which means that there are less of these ingredients proportionately in the formula then the more abundant, cheaper oneís, such as all Vitamins. No thank you, I think it is a big waste of money. Maybe the reason people perceive it to be so effective is because you use it intranasal and it subsequently gets into your system quicker.

Old 10-23-2005, 02:29 PM   #20
    spark-o-cet
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

spark-o-cet HB User

there is no way the average person could mix this stuff and make it work thru the nostril.some of the ingredients arent able to be absorbed thru the nose and have to piggyback wtih the ones that do absorb easily.also they all have got to be mixed exactly right and ph balanced for it to work right.it takes alot of scientific equipment to do this and i dont recommend anyone try this on thier on as this is when it could cause health problems.astro,if you can figure this out and try it on yourself then i might consider doin it but not now.i myself dont think the price is that bad if you use it and have the mindset to get and stay clean.to me there is no price to be put on this.the w/ds are so bad for me that whatever i can use to get rid of them i will use it.nutracleanse does do this and i highly reccommend it for all who want to go thru w/d with the least amount of suffering.good luck in your sobriety astro and i hope you find a recipe that we can use and save us some money-spark

Old 10-23-2005, 04:34 PM   #21
    OCboy03R6
    (male)

OCboy03R6 HB User

well said spark i agree w/ u

Old 10-24-2005, 04:37 AM   #22
    astrolifter
    Inactive
    (male)

astrolifter HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by spark-o-cet
    there is no way the average person could mix this stuff and make it work thru the nostril.some of the ingredients arent able to be absorbed thru the nose and have to piggyback wtih the ones that do absorb easily.also they all have got to be mixed exactly right and ph balanced for it to work right.it takes alot of scientific equipment to do this and i dont recommend anyone try this on thier on as this is when it could cause health problems.astro,if you can figure this out and try it on yourself then i might consider doin it but not now.i myself dont think the price is that bad if you use it and have the mindset to get and stay clean.to me there is no price to be put on this.the w/ds are so bad for me that whatever i can use to get rid of them i will use it.nutracleanse does do this and i highly reccommend it for all who want to go thru w/d with the least amount of suffering.good luck in your sobriety astro and i hope you find a recipe that we can use and save us some money-spark
    What I meant by 'mixing', is ingesting all the various pills, powders, (such as fructose) sequentially, one after the other, preferably after a meal, as long as this is done with food in your stomach, you shouldnít get sick from it, after all, they are just vitamins and amino acids, thatís all. I do believe though, that in light of several testimonies Iíve read here, that it does seem to work well for a lot of people, which is great! Itís still difficult for me to believe that the product takes away most, if not all the withdrawals though. Because I look at the ingredient formula, and just can not see how it could possible reduce or eliminate THE SEVERE withdrawals like some people claim UNLESS there is some other 'magic' ingredient they failed to list, which would have to work much like an opiate, or somehow mediate the opioid receptors. In my opinion, through personal experience (and Iíve tried a lot of approaches with various medications and herbs, etc) and through hours and hours of research, I firmly believe that the only thing that will relieve the intense, acute, opiate withdrawal symptoms are either another opiate of some sort, or medications that act as alpha-2 agonists, such as clonidine and zanaflex. By activating the alpha-2 receptors in the locus coreleus portion of the brain, these two drugs are, in effect, putting the brakes on the excess noradrenalin production in the brain that is caused by abrupt discontinuation of opiates in an opiate addicted person. It is this excess noradrenalin production, that is responsible for a lot of the nasty physical withdrawals of opiate addiction such as anxiety, sweating, restless legs (especially at night), all of which I have experienced many many times. Etc. Hence, I can emphatically understand the desire to put an end to the horror of the opiate withdrawals. After numerous attempts to kick the habit on my own, I was finally able to do it after going to rehab; Even after that, I still had to withdrawal off the suboxone they put me on at the treatment center and unceremoniously dropped me off of with very little taper within a week after I left; during which time I slept maybe a total of 4 hours total in 5 nights. And it was only after my doctor put me on REQUIP, to treat my restless legs, did I actually start sleeping well again. Iíve been off the suboxone for 12 days now, and feel great!

I think I came off the wrong way in my original post, itís the skeptic in me I guess., I in no way want to discourage people from taking whatever action(s) they can do (aside from taking another opiate) to help eliminate their withdrawals and start to feel comfortable enough to pick back up with their life, and most of all, start to enjoy the simple pleasures in life, that we all us addicts missed while we were caught up in the insanity of our using. Take care and thank you for listening.

Old 10-24-2005, 05:48 AM   #23
    BeginAgain
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

BeginAgain HB User

Astro,
    What you've said makes alot of sense to me. I too am a born skeptic I guess. There were just alot of different things that made me uncertain about what is in this bottle. Not the least of which is the claim that it is aproved by Health Canada. If you've ever read their guidelines you'll find the bottle is supposed to be labeled with a full indgredient list and a number issued by Health Canada after approval. My bottle was not and the ingredient slip that was included did not have the ingredient list they claim. In spite of my doubts I tried it a few times and got no effect except sinus problems.

Anyway, there is certainly value in it if it works for anyone out there to curb the terrible withdrawls. The only way to know is to try it. I don't want to debate it, I just think people should do their own research & make informed decisions. What is good for one is certainly not always good for another. That's my two cents.

Old 10-24-2005, 06:12 AM   #24
    spark-o-cet
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

spark-o-cet HB User

no astro we appreciate you lookin out for us thats all.if you have time maybe think about talkin with the dr that made nutra and ask him your questions and concerns and see what he has to say.he will be glad to talk to anyone maybe he can help us understand this.sounds like you went thru a very hard time in gettin clean but you sound good and sober and this is what it is all about.i was the one sounding harsh after i rrread my reply.sorry-spark

Old 10-24-2005, 06:26 AM   #25
    astrolifter
    Inactive
    (male)

astrolifter HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by spark-o-cet
    no astro we appreciate you lookin out for us thats all.if you have time maybe think about talkin with the dr that made nutra and ask him your questions and concerns and see what he has to say.he will be glad to talk to anyone maybe he can help us understand this.sounds like you went thru a very hard time in gettin clean but you sound good and sober and this is what it is all about.i was the one sounding harsh after i rrread my reply.sorry-spark
    No problem my friend, I hold no animosity towards anyone here, we're all in this together. Astro.

Old 10-24-2005, 06:32 AM   #26
    spark-o-cet
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

spark-o-cet HB User

thank you astro,again if you have time think about my suggestion.you would understand more of this type stuff than i would.thanks-spark

Old 10-24-2005, 07:33 AM   #27
    (female)

331111 HB User

Hi everyone!
    I have been following your posts on the NC. I too use it. I'm a little scared though. This stuff seems to work miracles for me as far as helping me feel better which leads me to believe there may be something else in it. I am 18 days clean now but I ran out of my first bottle of NC after 13 days and felt AWFUL until my next bottle came two days later. It was almost as if I were going through withdrawals from the NC. Maybe I just came down with something and it is a coincidence that I felt so bad after running out. Anyone else have any thoughts on this? L.

Old 10-24-2005, 09:09 AM   #28
    astrolifter
    Inactive
    (male)

astrolifter HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by 331111
    Hi everyone!
    I have been following your posts on the NC. I too use it. I'm a little scared though. This stuff seems to work miracles for me as far as helping me feel better which leads me to believe there may be something else in it. I am 18 days clean now but I ran out of my first bottle of NC after 13 days and felt AWFUL until my next bottle came two days later. It was almost as if I were going through withdrawals from the NC. Maybe I just came down with something and it is a coincidence that I felt so bad after running out. Anyone else have any thoughts on this? L.
    You know, people keep coming up with similar suspicions that some of the rest of us are having. There is only one way we're going to find out the truth:

1) Find a reputable lab and have it chemically analyzed, and many of us could chip in for it.

or:

2) Find a reputable lab and have it chemically analyzed and I'll pay for it myself. (It just might take a little while to save the money, depending on the cost).

Sorry, I just have this gut instinct that something isn't right about this. Hopefully i'm wrong.

Last edited by AddictionMod; 10-25-2005 at 01:38 PM. Reason: Please do not discuss other websites on this message board. Please also re-read the board guidelines and rules.

Old 10-24-2005, 02:07 PM   #29
    agentalias
    (female)

agentalias HB User

i feel kind of yucky from it too, but its not WDs though. Its kind of blahish and sluggish, but no physical WDs, depression or anything that accompanies hydro or Sub WDs. I rather take NC than nothing at all. Over and out.

Take care and good luck

Old 10-24-2005, 02:23 PM   #30
    spark-o-cet
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

spark-o-cet HB User

i agree with ya agent thats exactly the way i felt when i quit takin it.much better than hydro/oxy w/ds.i like nutracleanse much better than suboxone.good to hear from ya agent and keep us updated about the nutra good or bad.your friend-spark

Closed Thread