It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

• Help getting off of Remeron

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-25-2006, 04:40 PM   #1
    pinkeetoz
    (female)

pinkeetoz HB User
    Help getting off of Remeron

Hi, I am on Remeron and it makes me feel so spacey during the day. Really, I think it's contributing to my anxiety, which is horrible. Was on 15mg. Last night I cut it in half and took only that half. Tonight I will do the same thing (7.5mg). I just started back on klonopin because of terrible anxiety, I figured that depression may sneak up on this and I don't want to stay on it too long either. So my goal is to get off of Remeron as quickly as possible, level off and get my bearings and than stop the klonopin before I get dependent on it. Would really like to be drug free and start a new. Any thoughts? Please Share!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-26-2006, 05:23 AM   #2
    pinkeetoz
    (female)

pinkeetoz HB User
    Re: Help getting off of Remeron

Happy to post that with the aid of klonopin I slept 5 hours last night. Woke up anxious, but, I expected to feel something from stopping the Remeron. Anyhow, this is day 2. Will post periodically with withdrawal symptoms. It helps me, thanks for reading and feel free to share any thoughts on this, pinkee

Old 02-26-2006, 05:35 AM   #3
    Danialla
    (female)

Danialla HB User

Hi Pinkee.......I have just stopped remeron too. I was on 15 mg at night and stopped it all at once.

It was hard the first 2 nights without it......but I am sleeping better after just 3 days off the med. I have also noticed a BIG decrease in my appetite...........That is a good thing!!!!

Good luck to you!

Old 02-26-2006, 07:08 AM   #4
    pinkeetoz
    (female)

pinkeetoz HB User

Thank you so much for posting. I need this support. Hopefully tonight will be even better. The doc has given me klonopin to take for anxiety, which is what started this emotional roller coaster to begin with, the original reason I began Remeron and Seroquel. I had a whole lot going on and the anxiety just grew into an ugly monster. Just yesterday the doc gave me klonopin, .5mg to take twice daily. It helped tremendously. My husband does not understand why I won't take it this morning. I am having some anxiety, but, it's manageable, I can't continue putting a band aid on it. I will never learn to cope if so. I told him that I would take it when I needed it. Does this make sense or am I setting myself up for another fall? Thanks for reading, this helps so much, I will post when I need to just to get it out, pinkee

Last edited by pinkeetoz; 02-26-2006 at 07:16 AM.

Old 02-26-2006, 07:19 AM   #5
    pinkeetoz
    (female)

pinkeetoz HB User

Danialla, how long were you on Remeron? What did you take it for? Were you detoxing from something? Again, thank you so much for posting, pinkee

Old 03-03-2006, 07:20 PM   #6
    Danialla
    (female)

Danialla HB User

I was on remeron for severe depression. It was added to my med mix to help me sleep through the night...it did help, but the weight gain was just too much to handle. I increased the other med I take at night (clozaril), and things have been a bit better.

I see my pdoc in a couple weeks........hopefully she will go along with the plan. Good luck!

Old 03-07-2006, 01:54 PM   #7
    pinkeetoz
    (female)

pinkeetoz HB User

Anyone else, I need some reassurance, having a really tough time getting off of this med, thx, pinkee

Old 03-07-2006, 02:05 PM   #8
    Blasterboy
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

Blasterboy HB UserBlasterboy HB User

careful on the Klonpin, doesn't take long for dependancy to grow! It's a very potent Benzo, 0.5 is the same as 10mg Valium!

Closed Thread