It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

• Feeling of "Nothingness"...

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-23-2006, 03:37 PM   #1
    OffTrack
    (male)

OffTrack HB User
    Feeling of "Nothingness"...

Hello All,

I am new to this forum and this is my first post, so bear with me if this has been covered. At this point, I just want to hear the answer from other, directed towards me.

I have been using Norco's for the past 2 years and finally decided to put an end to it 3 days ago. My dosages were never super high. I started taking 1 at a time, 3 times a day for about the first year. Then after that, I was able to get a prescription, 120 at a time from an online pharmacy. Well, when this happened, I began taking 1.5-2 at a time, 3 times a day. The max I ever took in a day was 6 and I did this only a handful of times. Honestly, my desire to make them last longer overpowered my desire to take more of them. I just couldnt imagine running out of those little yellow devils. The psychological impact of just popping the pill instantly made me feel great. There were even times I would find a half pill laying around after I ran out of my refills and instantly, I felt relief. THEY ARE THE DEVIL! This much I am sure of.

Well, anyways, now to my questions from other users...

- How long did you guys have the feeling of "nothing" after you stopped taking them? Right now I am in a constant state where I feel like I have no control of my thinking. I seriously cant think to save my life. I feel like I am sort of outside my body in a way. It's a feeling of "nothingness", simple as that. Hard to explain, but I'm sure there are others on here that have felt the same way.

- When does the aching go away?

- How long will I "feel" this physical dependency?

Thanks in Advance
    -OffTrack

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-23-2006, 04:18 PM   #2
    chefob1
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

chefob1 HB User
    Re: Feeling of "Nothingness"...

i used to take up to 50 pills a day....i met a guy whose tolerance was at 120 pills a day////....it is self destructive....nothin positive...i used opiates for many years...anythin i could take...saw folks die..od....best bet i can offer is really find your higher power and realize you have no control over your addiction...last stab at detox i came off 120mg of methadone 5mg a week....and it took me a solid month to realize there is life after drugs...seek any assistance you can find...i hit a/a meetings but in was a spiritual interevntion for me...im 46 and have takin drugs since i was 14...it ruined my life,consumed all my time and money....i thank the lord im alive,sober and can relate to you today.....it took me 32 years to recover....pray you wont let it take ya that long....what a waste of my many years but im here to give you teastament that there is life after addiction and it is beautufl....you need to really come to terms with your addiction and realize you have to walk away from that lifestyle and your life will get so much better...chef

Old 03-23-2006, 07:06 PM   #3
    butterfly64
    (female)

butterfly64 HB User

The "nothingness" never goes away, I am thinking. I have been clean from oxys... LOTS AAND LOTS!!!!!!(I probably should be dead..).. and I still think about "my beloved oxys" every day!...... I am kidding.. about the beloved part.... but I do still fight this EVERY DAY! It does get easier..but you have to realize that...... Just because one person experienced one thiing, does NOT mean you will or won't. Take your recovery ONE MOMENT AT A TIME! And beleive me, each one will persent it's own obstacles/opportunities.......
    The only other thing that comes to mind is..... Don't expect too much from yourself, too soon..... but don't let yourself go beyond, either.

Good Luck......Keep us posted!

"If you don't see a light at the end of the tunnel, you're in the wrong tunnel."

Old 03-24-2006, 05:31 AM   #4
    mpvt
    Inactive
    (male)

mpvt HB User

Hi Offtrack:Withdrawls will take up to a week before you start to feel better.Once you get past the 4-5th day then you start to really notice a difference.It's important that you start exercising as soon as possible,this can be just going for a walk a couple times a day.When you exercise you stimulate endorphin production which will give you that sense of euphoria that we all love.Take care and don't be afraid to look into support groups.....Dave

Last edited by mpvt; 04-09-2006 at 08:47 AM.

Old 03-24-2006, 09:04 AM   #5
    Thrombo
    (male)

Thrombo HB User

My feeling of nothingness lasted about a solid month, 4-5 weeks at least... I was bored with everything, and just felt empty. It does get better and eventually you feel better and that empty spot goes away.

Take care!

Old 03-24-2006, 06:31 PM   #6
    ANBRIANNA
    (female)

ANBRIANNA HB User

Hello Offtrack,

Welcome,

What you are feeling is a sort of chemical depression. As stated in the tread, it will take time for your body to begin to produce endorphins natually again but it will.

Are you under a doctors care? If so, can they prescibe you an anti depressant ( short term ) just to help get you over the this dry spell.

You sound like you are very familiar with the evils of this life. Offtrack, the pills are not evil. They help so many people that are in horrible pain. It is the illness ( addiction ) that is demonic.

Unfortunatly, we cannot take narc's without becoming addicted to them. It is just like some people can smoke refer with becoming addicted but some cannot smoke it without it becoming a daily habit. The disease is addiction and we all have it.

But I know that the felling of worthlessness that you are experiencing is demonic. It is an evil spirit that has attached itself to your life at a time when you are the most vulnerable.

Now listen. You can heal your body naturally and also your spirit. No matter how hard it is for you right now, get some weights, a trend mill or just open the door and get to steppin'. Do it! Excercise is the best way to activate the endorphins in your brain. Also, do some research on vitamins and find out which ones will help you to begin to restore your brain back to normal functions.

Now for your spirit, get your bible out and get into the word. Read Romans over and over again and this will feed your spirit and your spirit will call your soul back from this panthom death!

Your soul and spirit has been depleted from the struggle but thank God he gives us new mercy every morning and the word will make you whole again.

You must remember that you are an empty vessell, brand new and funky fresh. You must now fill that vessell with positive life enforcing material.

Offtrack, no matter if you do decide to read the bible or if you just begin to listen to some sort of motivational messages, please don't just allow yourself to remain in this state because the mind is the devils playground and he is just waiting to pounce on you again.

You had to fight to reclaim your body, now buck up and fight to reclaim your spirit!

You can do this and I luv ya'

United
    There ain't nothing to it but, to do it.

Old 03-25-2006, 08:00 AM   #7
    shybaybe22
    (female)

shybaybe22 HB User

well i was taking 8-10 10 mg hydros a day, plus every benzo there is plus codiene. I work in a place where i have access to meds and inventory was and stil is always off so it was unfortunately easy, and they didnt have cameras in the area. for me, the first week was the worst, days 1-4 being terrible. I went back to work on day 4, the anxiety was so bad i almost left. they noticed it but i also had dyed my hair a week earlier and had a severe allergic reaction and was put on prednisone so i attributed my bad nerves to that. I started feeling significantly better on day 7. Now its been 16 days, no muscle aches, i have energy. my moods are better. I actually feel normal. except i am binging on sweets. but yeah, the first 4-5 days i felt weak, muscle aches very irritable, depressed, insomnia, yet not wanting to get out of bed, just feeling so depressed, feeling like i was going crazy, anxiety etc.

Old 03-25-2006, 10:12 AM   #8
    Jennah
    (female)

Jennah HB User

Hi There,
    I am in process of fighting this same demon as u.My addiction and dosage etc. alot longer and alot more but I think the feeling of nothingness is during the addiction..we keep our lives by these pills and like Large has said we even sit and count them some times more than 1x per day and we plot and scheme and life all around us goes on bye...I say u are on the right road my friend and to keep on walking!! I think the fact that u have realized this relatively early on will make your recovery quicker and easier.As in most things better now than later.Read thru some more of the posts and see how people describe the thrill of having REAL feelings come back and start to enjoy living again instead of living to be high.Good luck to u..Jennah

Old 03-26-2006, 08:38 AM   #9
    OffTrack
    (male)

OffTrack HB User

Thank you all so much for the support. Your words of encouragment are a blessing. My body feels alot better than it did the first 3-4 days off of the norco's. I still feel a little bit anxious and have a small amount of depression, but for the most part, I feel alot better.

Last night I went to a get together with some friends and for the first time in a couple years I felt like my old self. I had my sense of humor back and was able to enjoy my time with friends without the need of a substance. At one point it actually crossed my mind that, hey, you can have a great time without the pills! It was a wonderful feeling not having the need for something to pick me up.

Thanks again for all the support so far. I know I will kick this, I want to and I am determined not to let it screw up my life anymore.

Old 03-26-2006, 11:47 AM   #10
    rosebuddy
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

rosebuddy HB Userrosebuddy HB Userrosebuddy HB Userrosebuddy HB User

the l-tyrosene from the thomas detox recipe helped me a lot with the blahhhs, no energy, boredom, etc.

Old 03-26-2006, 02:53 PM   #11
    OffTrack
    (male)

OffTrack HB User

Thank you! I will try that tomorrow and see how it works.

Old 03-27-2006, 08:06 AM   #12
    Jennah
    (female)

Jennah HB User

Good for u glad to hear u are making progress!!! Keep it up we are all rallying for u...Jennah

Old 03-28-2006, 01:55 PM   #13
    OffTrack
    (male)

OffTrack HB User

Well, I have been off of them for 8 days now and things are going prety well. The last 2 days have been sort of hard because of stress at work and my pet cat ran away from home, but I have been fighting it all I can. I've been trying to exercise more often and I've been getting about 2 hours of walking each night looking for the darn cat! I still sort of feel a physical dependency, but it feels like it could be my mind telling me I feel this dependency. I'm not sure... Anyways, just wanted to update everyone on how I am doing. 8 days is the longest I have ever been without a little yellow pill. But now I actually want to stop and I want to change my life. I was sick and tired of living in a fake, 2 hour spurt of happiness.

....I'm getting back OnTrack.

Old 03-29-2006, 02:31 PM   #14
    OffTrack
    (male)

OffTrack HB User

Well... Today I feel terrible. I don't know why, but I have some serious withdrawls right now. I felt fine after the first 4 days, but the last 2 days I have felt pretty crappy. My head hurts so bad and I am in a serious fog. It's hard for me to even think and nearly impossible for me to carry on a conversation with anyone. Isnt it supposed to get easier after 3-4 days? Because I feel worse, infact just as bad as I did the first 3-4 days off them. I am on day 9 right now, so about 7 days after I quit, the feels came back.

Dont worry though, I will not break this. I will not go back on them. I just want this feeling to go away and go away fast! It's driving me to the point where I cannot work effeciently.

Old 03-29-2006, 05:18 PM   #15
    Justin1977
    (male)

Justin1977 HB User

Work efficiently? I cant believe you are working at all. As far as the timing of your withdrawals, everybody is different. The guidelines that say you will start withdrawals within 24 hours do not apply to everyone. Just the majority. I am an odd one too when it comes to withdrawals. It takes me longer to start, but my theory always is that I take so much of whatever drug that it just takes forever to get out of my system.

The best thing to do is try to exercise like everybody said, and take a MULTI-VITAMIN. Dont single vitamins out and take megadoses or try to doctor yourself with certain vitamins because they dont work properly like that. They only work when they are in the presence of the correct amount of any other vitamins that make them work. Centrum won a test of all the leading multivitamins in that it was absorbed much better than the others. And you should always take the RDA of all the vitamins. Centrum is a guaranteed safe and healthy way to go. Good Luck.

Closed Thread