It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

benzo w/d update, wk 2

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-18-2006, 06:06 AM   #1
kindspirit
Senior Veteran
(female)

kindspirit HB Userkindspirit HB User
benzo w/d update, wk 2

Well made it 2 wks of no Xanax, and dalmane is every other day, 1/4 of the 15mg. Also stopped drinking after tapering it down a lot. Symptoms: bowel issues: gastric, bloated. Still anxious, not as bad. Sleep ok but awaken middle of night. Drinking cammoile tea, occassionally tyl pm or melatonin. The anxiety seems to come on strong and go. Still pacing a bit all symptoms are lessoning. Also taking vitamines: vit e, multi, grape seed extract and started coq10, due to my autoimmune disease. I'm one big experiment right now, but doing it my way, no Dr! Donna : hang in there so proud of you!!! You have a bit more than I did, but you can do it!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-18-2006, 07:41 AM   #2
Constant
Inactive
(female)

Constant HB User
Re: benzo w/d update, wk 2

Great! Great! Great! Another good tea is Sleepytime tea. Try and keep up with lots of hot/very warm baths as they will help sooth that breathless feeling that comes on.

You will get surges of anxiety with the withdrawl but my pharmacist told me that is the drug flushing from your muscle tissue which is where this poison stores itself. For me it was a different kind of anxiety from what I went on benzos for. It's kind of an electric jolt zing of anxiety and when that would happen and if I could, I immediately ran a hot bath and soaked. It helped a lot. I also noticed during those episodes it was a great time to exercise. I have one of those Gazelles and I would get on that and let my adrenaline take over the flushing of the drug...kind of like a high of a different kind because it was my body doing what it is designed to do.

I'm awfully proud of you.

Old 04-18-2006, 07:48 AM   #3
rosebuddy
Senior Veteran
(female)

rosebuddy HB Userrosebuddy HB Userrosebuddy HB Userrosebuddy HB User
Re: benzo w/d update, wk 2

Hi kind spirit. I am so glad you are doing well. And thanks constant for the advice about soaking and exercise. I haven't had any side effects except sleepiness. I have been exercising even if i don't feel like it and started yoga.

Closed Thread