It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Why do we go back?

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-24-2006, 04:11 PM   #1
kim4074
Inactive
(female)

kim4074 HB User
Question Why do we go back?

I have been reading some threads on here and have been using this site as my support group while going through my own battle with pain killers. I put myself through absolute he!! trying to quit. I know I am an addict therefore I also know that I can NEVER take another pill as long as I live. How come we go back to the pills? What makes us think that we can control something that has controlled every aspect of our lives for so long? I did catch myself thinking oh in a couple of months if I'm in pain I can take one like I would be in control. I know that is a bunch of [email protected] that I just put in my head to help me w/d. I know I can never trust myself with pills as far as taking them. I know it will trigger something in my brain and it will say yippie its back! My question is why would I want to go through this over and over again? Hopefully once was good enough for me, but I am human and this will be a life long fight. I wouldnt tell an alcoholic to meet me at the bar for a drink I know thats wrong. So why would I tell myself go ahead and take just one pill you'll be fine. I know this is long but just wondering why we keep doing this to ourselves! Just something to think about. Everyone who is trying or thinking about quitting keep up the good work!!! Some people just dont understand addiction either. I was telling my fiance that I can never take a pill again I am an Addict thats it bottom line. He said well its not like your a herion addict actually both drugs are in the same catagory. So I guess in a way I'm no better. I'm clean 8 days now and hopefully will never be a user again. Good luck to everyone! Keep me posted. Kim

Last edited by kim4074; 04-24-2006 at 04:13 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-24-2006, 07:17 PM   #2
penniedad
(female)

penniedad HB User
Re: Why do we go back?

your doing to good, dont be sad, and yes alot of people say herion is the most terrible one? maybe cause of needles or that you brake the law more? i dont know,i never did pills, so i dont understand how a pill can get you high????see i guess we are different, but yet the same, oh my,,,, iam not making any scents, [ cant spell] SMILE be happy,iam watching the news , now thats bad!!!my ferret keeps me company, i look at him and think what a easy life he has,it gets hard at times but if someone put a bag of dope in front of me i would throw it in the sink, ,,,,,,,,,,just remembering what life was like before puts fear in my heart,,,here watch this little guy and dance be happy

Old 04-24-2006, 07:30 PM   #3
kim4074
Inactive
(female)

kim4074 HB User

Pennie you made perfect sense as usual we are all pretty much the same we all struggle with addiction. Maybe a different DOC but still a problem. I would like to same I would do the same thing if someone put a pill in front of my face and to tell you the truth I would I dont know why I still have a 1/2 one on my nightstand and its been there for days! I dont know why I keep it there I guess to show it I'm stronger! Love the dancing guy!

Old 04-28-2006, 10:07 PM   #4
kim4074
Inactive
(female)

kim4074 HB User

For all you thinking about going back and what it this for just read this then ask your self is it all worth it......... Not going backwards but going forwards!!!! Just push on it will get better!

Closed Thread