It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

• day 3 no pain killers

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-17-2006, 07:17 AM   #16
    spider37
    Veteran
    (female)

spider37 HB User
    Re: day 3 no pain killers

i can't get any meds as i lost my health insurance when my husband divorced me if i can just get past this i feel i will be fine really not likeing myself to much right now for doing this to myself i feel so stupid wish i had some family to turn to but i don't so im just gonna have to deal with it

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-17-2006, 08:15 AM   #17
    kim4074
    Inactive
    (female)

kim4074 HB User

Dont worry it will pass. I found that my anxiety showed up like a week later and it was awful. Those butterflies, your mind running. Try some deep breathing exercises focus on your breath for like 10 min that helped for me with the anxiety. Keep posting your turning the corner. I know I hated myself for doing what I did too. Maybe thats were the anxiety came in I dont know. I do know that its part of the w/d process. Keep your chin up and keep going forward. Everything will pass. Kim

Old 05-17-2006, 08:37 PM   #18
    cskalski
    (male)

cskalski HB User

I see you like to have your i's dotted and t's crossed and whatnot, but it's still gonna suck.
    I am coming from a medical background as well that led me to addiction. However, no matter how much we plan were gonna be worthless to our family and friends for a week or two. I am on day 7 of methadone withdrawl, and I am using Lortab 10/500 to get off of it. My wife gave me a double dose tonight so I could sleep(I call her the pill n*zi). SHe keeps my tabs in our safe, and with good reason. I have been averaging 6 a day to cope with the methadone w/d and I still can't sit still, and now I have reached the "bust out crying stage". Music is really bringing out the emotion, as I am an American Idol fan. At least I can watch TV. I did barf my guts out after a questionable quality McDonalds meal today, and have been in the bathroom every 30 minutes, but otherwise I feel better tonight than I have in a week. Goodluck and feel free to post back. I stay up fairly late, and can't sleep worth a crap anyway.

Chris

Last edited by cskalski; 05-17-2006 at 08:39 PM.

Old 05-18-2006, 06:06 AM   #19
    spider37
    Veteran
    (female)

spider37 HB User

day 5
    im haveing a really bad time with this now along with the anxity i have severe shakes but im still trying my hardest this really sucks i just want to get through this and feel normal again i am still really confused i guess its all the feelings i was covering up while i was takeing the pain killers that is doing this i have been crying for two days im also smokeing like a chimney

Old 05-18-2006, 06:19 AM   #20
    cskalski
    (male)

cskalski HB User

Hey spider37. I had the roughest time last night too. I posted a little while ago about wanting to cut off my arms and legs so I can sleep. I can tell by how you posted that you are totally miserable. I Take 800 mg of motrin, catapress, and vicodin to come off methadone. It takes two weeks to get off meth, but you should feel better by tommorrow. I need to hop back in the bathtub now. Bye!

Old 05-18-2006, 07:08 AM   #21
    spider37
    Veteran
    (female)

spider37 HB User

i am really trying but i feel like i am going to snap under all the pressure it's horriable six months of pain and suffering are all comeing back to me at once so it isn't makeing things easier i wish it would all just go away

Old 05-18-2006, 07:27 AM   #22
    kim4074
    Inactive
    (female)

kim4074 HB User

I wish I had more magic words for you besides it will get better. You might need an antidepressant? I know you have no ins but dr's offices have plenty of samples to give away. I'm sorry I dont have any great wisdom besides it keeps getting better! Kim

Old 05-18-2006, 07:52 AM   #23
    spider37
    Veteran
    (female)

spider37 HB User

i know it will get better i just wish it would pass already i can't go to the doctor because my ex didn't send my support check that was supposed to be here yesterday so i don't have money to pay a doctor i can't even go to the store and try and get something over the counter this really stinks im just trying to take this one day at a time sorry if i sound like im whining don't mean to dump my problems on all of you

Old 05-18-2006, 09:10 AM   #24
    cskalski
    (male)

cskalski HB User

Ohh man. Not even otc products? I really feel for you. I can't stand even the minor effects, so I think I am the big baby here. Anyway, why are you denying yourself pain meds for pain. Why don't you try Ultram/ i know it is addicitive but it would take 10 of them to equal one lortab so getting high will not be an issue. You should not have to suffer like this.

Old 05-18-2006, 01:37 PM   #25
    NightSwan76
    (female)

NightSwan76 HB User

Why would you suggest Ultram? That stuff is horrible to come off of! I had terrible withdrawals from it. Just ride it out..don't take something because you will have to start from the beggining again.
    My Doctor was prescribing me Ultram like candy and then I started ordering it in the 100s off of the internet. When I ran out I went straight to the ER in so much pain I freaked out and they gave me a couple Hydros and 2 Ultram scripts.
    Bad stuff...bad headaches...and it did make me high so I don't want to hear it doesn't make you high.
    Think of how many days you have come thus far! You can do it even though it sucks so bad. One day soon you will wake up and not even think about taking anything. If someone had said that to me a month ago I would've laughed. I lived for 2 years with pills obsessively on my mind. Now I don't even think about it-especially not the Oxy.
    Missy

Old 05-18-2006, 01:54 PM   #26
    cskalski
    (male)

cskalski HB User

WHatever nightswan, just trying to help. THey gave me Ultram after detox for pain since I had to take something and I never abused it...ever. I was on morphine and never got high on it either, so meybe this is jst me.

Old 05-18-2006, 05:42 PM   #27
    NightSwan76
    (female)

NightSwan76 HB User

I'm not trying to start a fight here! I just don't get why people would choose to replace one addiction with another when trying to get clean. I am not talking about Subs or Methadone or anything like that. Trust me I tried coming off Oxy using Subs but was using Percocet and then when I couldn't get Opiates I would use Somas and Xanax. This time, doing it cold turkey I have had the most success, since I have NOTHING in my system that even remotely resembles a painkiller. I am weak when it comes to pills so I wouldn't even tempt fate. Do you know what I mean?
    Missy

Old 05-18-2006, 06:49 PM   #28
    cskalski
    (male)

cskalski HB User

No sweat nightswan. I am irritated due to withdrawl and agitation. So I don't want to fight either. I am just a little punchy right now. I actually went down to the pharmacy w/my mom and picked up my Ultram script since I couldn't take it anymore. The hydro sucked!!!!I was not anticipating this much discomfort, as I thought the hydrocodone would work. WRONG!! As a bonus, I ran out of Ultram too, and then the w/d got nasty. I couldn't sit still, was very uncomfortable w/ sweats,leg cramps, chills, hot and cold, and incessant yawning and coughing and sneezing. What a mess I was.

So, after I get over the hump, my hydro will be gone and I will only have uptram, and then I am cutting my dose from 400 mg a day down to 200 a day.

I think I can make it!!!!
    Thx
    Chris

Old 05-18-2006, 08:46 PM   #29
    NightSwan76
    (female)

NightSwan76 HB User

I just remember the Ultram withdrawal being horrible. I have taken Hydros and stopped and not even thought twice but the Ultram withdrawal was like someone taking a hot knife into all of the nerves in my spine. Terrible feeling. Oxy was bad and nasty and flulike but the Ultram thing was a different bad thing for me. Everyone reacts differently, though. I read some posts on here that said the Ultram did nothing for them.
    Good luck to you and I understand the punchiness!
    Missy

Old 05-19-2006, 06:59 AM   #30
    spider37
    Veteran
    (female)

spider37 HB User

wow ok i don't want people to start argueing because of me i think i am on day 6 of this sorry i have lost track now i seem to be getting a little better have been trying to do things to keep my mind off the anxity went for a walk played game cube last night
    the game cube seemed to calm me right down lol no im not a kid im 38 but it really seemed to help i have not taken any pills in all these miserable days and im not looking for them anymore i hope i am starting to turn the corner we will see how the day goes thank you all for helping me through this

Closed Thread