It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

• day 3 no pain killers

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-19-2006, 08:13 AM   #31
    kim4074
    Inactive
    (female)

kim4074 HB User
    Re: day 3 no pain killers

Anything that keeps your mind bz helps I did everything to keep bz. I wish I would have had a game cube. Its shuts your mind off and lets you concentrate on other things. Thats what I was talking about when I said pick up a book anything to keep bz helps alot. Put you focus on whatever works. Turning that corner!!! Kim

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-19-2006, 08:18 AM   #32
    Over It 2day
    (female)

Over It 2day HB User

Do you think computer games will help too? My kid has a game cube and if it helps I'll steal hers for a few days and I'm 41 years old mom. This is sad,huh?

Hang in there! You're doing great....One more day of hell and I totally believe you'll feel much better. Go for a walk and get more endorphins- at least 30 minutes and TRUST me you'll feel like a million bucks afterwards. All those things are FREE to do...

Another thing...you're much better off without your hubby...sounds like my ex too. Don't you hate men? Mine left me and my kid..how do you like them apples? You're not alone. That's what started my opiate addiction too..drowning my sorrows with opiates...it worked great as an anti-depressant, right?

Once your head is clear- by monday...you can start truly focusing on getting on with your life although it seems like the end of your rope. You can do it Spider....I did. It took a good couple of years to get back on track but I'm much happier now.

Take care Spider. You should be so proud of what you achieved with no pills or help. GREAT JOB! You rock...YOu're a strong and beautiful woman!! You can do this...REPEAT after me..I AM WOMAN, I AM STRONG, HEAR ME ROAR!! Lol!

Old 05-19-2006, 09:47 AM   #33
    spider37
    Veteran
    (female)

spider37 HB User

i don't know about the computer games as i am not very good on this thing maybe some you only have to use the mouse for would be ok the game cube is alot easier for me to use i played scooby doo yes a kids game that wouldnt frustrate me its getting better so i only expect everyday to get better from here on still have a headache but i think it should go away with time and yes i am better off without that moron i could go into the whole story of what he did to me but i won't just put it this way he now has horn's tattooed on his forhead so that should tell you alot and give you a good laugh oh well i will check back later take care e1 ttyl

Old 05-19-2006, 11:02 AM   #34
    cskalski
    (male)

cskalski HB User
    Cool Re: day 3 no pain killers

I think the support here is great. It was the Ultram that took out all of my withrawl symptoms. Funny how the Lortab/hydro did very little for my withdrawl, but the Ultram killed the w/d dead. I am so thankfull for all of your support. I feel very safe posting here. I have been to other sites where there were "trolls" making fun of peoples problems, and that is not the case here.
    Good luck ladies. Ypu are definatly strong!

Old 05-19-2006, 11:37 AM   #35
    Over It 2day
    (female)

Over It 2day HB User

Hey Cskalski-

Yeah, I agree with ya about the support here. Hey I wanted to ask you about the Ultram...Were you on it with the Methadone too? Maybe you were going through WDs from that? I dunno...just wondering. How much Ultram were you taking to completely take the WDS away? I wonder if I could take that for a few days to get off Hydros and then wonder if I would still get WDs if I stopped the Ultram after. Hmm.....

I completely understand about the kids though....your wife is lucky to have a hubby that is taking care of 3 kids under 5 while going through the WDs!!! Holy guacamole...you are awesome....I couldn't even take care of one kid....You are DA MAN!!!

Old 05-19-2006, 11:49 AM   #36
    kim4074
    Inactive
    (female)

kim4074 HB User

Ultram is also an addictive drug although for a while it was advertised as non-addicting. Trading one for the other I dont know if thats ok. But some of us have legitimate pain and need something to live a normal life with minimal pain. Tough out the w/d's you can do it, but maybe your dr can give you something that you dont have to worry about w/ds. coming off pills isnt painless and there will always some discomfort and it does take time to go away. I would trade the physical w/d's for the mental w/d's that came when my body was better. They suck the worst its like your mind is telling you its ok to take them. I fell down but I'm picking myself up and moving on towards recovery. I feel ashamed at myself but I'm an addict thats what I do. I'm really down on myself right now. Trust me after you done with the physical part comes the mental part and thats alot tougher to beat. Its always there! Keep on the right path it will get better. Kim

Old 05-19-2006, 02:22 PM   #37
    cskalski
    (male)

cskalski HB User

Hey Kim4074 and overit2day,
    I agree with Kim to not get dependant on Ultram, unless you have a medical problem with pain and you just can't function w/o somthing. However, when I was at the meth clinic my whole family saw the spark come back in my eyes and for the first time in years I was completly pain free. I started to enjoy the things in life that make life worth living. I can tell you I spent 2 years lying on my couch due to my rheumatism. The reason I got off meth was because I couldn't handle going downtown eveyday in 2 hours of traffic to get 15 miles. Driving in DC sucks, and you have to get down to the clinic before 11AM. Rush hour(s) lasts until 10-10:30 AM so I couldn't leave much earlier than 10. So, I quit going. I have been regretting that decision ever since, until today when I found that I CAN LIVE WITHOUT IT!!!
    PS: my goal is to just take Ultram for pain as directed by my doctor. I have 2 refills on my hydro, and I know I am going to take them, so I will be done in mid July. I don;t want to ruin our family vacation in withdrawl or the 4th of July weekend. Plus, I can go to the pool every day to help going from hydro to Ultram in mid summer. Good luck to us all!

Peace

Chris

Old 05-19-2006, 02:39 PM   #38
    Blasterboy
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

Blasterboy HB UserBlasterboy HB User

Hi Spider and others, I hope you're all well. It's so difficult to move forward from where you are. To make that decision and then stick with it; but the thing that people really don't understand is that the staying stopped is the biggest problem that you will have to face. There are many wonderful people on these boards who will share there experience strength and hope and that's all I can do. When I 1st quit my DOC I made all these big statements and thought that was it! But as soon as my triggers issues came along I couldn't help but to fall back on the only coping method I had only know, so I got drunk/stoned.

The cycle keeps repeating itself until I heard about AA/NA and tried it their way. I didn't get sober from AA after my 1st or 2nd meeting, some do, I didn't, but I keep going back and eventually I heard the message that sobriety is about living live one day at a time and for this I live need a new way to live my life a totally new mindset; that's why people at the 12 step meeting say "keep coming back" so true sobriety can seep (plesently creep) into your soul. It really works if you give it a chance.

Unfortunate many addicts never get that far, I won't quote statistic, as it will freak some people out and maybe get this post banned, but it's not nice reading. We'll all hear because we know something’s not right about our using and drinking etc and if you think that you'd like to try the 12 step way, you'll find the meeting number in the phone book for sure; give them a call, I trust they will be very pleased to hear from you, whatever state you're in, so long as you have a DESIRE TO STOP DRINKING that's all you need to go to a meeting.

Best wishes with you choices however you move forward, I hope you do.....

Old 05-19-2006, 03:34 PM   #39
    kim4074
    Inactive
    (female)

kim4074 HB User

IF w/d was easy none of us would be here. That is what people forget is that its not easy nothing can make it all go away. Remember what your going through now and remember it forever. Might make you think twice before you reach for another pill. I didnt become an addict overnight and I wont be unaddicted overnight either. It is painful it just sucks. I remember were I was and dont want to go back. W/d sucks but we did it to ourselves I was cursed the day I filled my first RX. And now I'm cursed for the rest of my life because of it. I chose to abuse my meds no one made me. I trucked through w/d and will keep trucking. I'm not perfect I have fallen down too. But dont want to go back to where I was there is no magic pill to take to get rid of it you just have to deal with it and move on. I week out of your life feeling like crap for the rest of your life clean not a bad deal. Kim

Old 05-20-2006, 02:25 PM   #40
    lisamarie119
    (female)

lisamarie119 HB User

I have been taking hydrocodone 10/650 every 4 hours since 1999. The thing is I DONT abuse them (now). I only take 1 every 4 hours. "Supposedly" I have fibromyalgia, but now I'm wondering if I was misdiagnosed BECAUSE of the pain pills. I had a kidney stone and was prescribed the pills, LOVED them, and THEN tried getting them however I could (the first year I DID abuse them). After that I was always in pain, seen a rheumatologist and told him THEY were all that worked. Ever since then I've been taking them on a daily basis. I have other health problems and I know they are related to the pain pills so I need to quit taking them but I am really scared (6 years is a long time). Since last night I have been taking only 1/2 a hydrocodone along with tylenol 8 hour for muscle aches and pains. I'm going to read through the posts again and see what I'm up against. Who know's maybe I really do have the fibromyalgia and I'll go through the withdrawal for nothing.

Old 05-20-2006, 03:24 PM   #41
    bks1617
    (female)

bks1617 HB User

Hang in there!!! Today is a tough day, tomorrow should be just a little better. Hot baths and yes, exercise is so important. I have quit cold turkey 3 times. The first and second time I didn't exercise at all. The third time I did exercise and it helped 10/fold. I know you don't feel like it, but a quick walk or I even did some push-ups and sit-ups, jumped around, anything will help. Just remember those horrible sweats is all that horrible poison leaving your body and you are getting better and better each day.

I spent a lot of time in prayer and reflecting (not punishing) on how I got myself in the position I did.

My prayers are with you. Hang on and try to relax, deep breathing will help a little with the anxiety. I didn't take any OTC medication. I wanted to be free of all chemicals in my body. OTC's work for some and they may work for your too. WATER, Water, Water, drink lots, sweat lots and know you are on your way to a life free . FREEDOM!!

I will pray for you.

Old 05-20-2006, 06:37 PM   #42
    NightSwan76
    (female)

NightSwan76 HB User

lisamarie119 wrote:

Quote:
    "Supposedly" I have fibromyalgia, but now I'm wondering if I was misdiagnosed BECAUSE of the pain pills.
    You want to know something? When I was abusing Oxycontin after it would wear off my whole body would hurt when I touched it..like my ribs, my collarbone, anywhere. I thought I had Fibromyalgia. My mom has it so you know I thought I had it, too. But now that I am clean I realized the pain was from the Oxy. It's so strange how medicine that is supposed to help pain creates different pain.
    I have read exercise is great for Fibromyalgia. My mom sometimes takes Soma but I think staying in shape is good for it, too.
    Missy

Old 05-21-2006, 06:20 AM   #43
    lisamarie119
    (female)

lisamarie119 HB User

I am SO glad to hear that from you because I thought I was alone (about thinking you also had fibromyalgia). I have so many other health problems that I think are also from the pain pills (chronic constipation, can't lose weight -even though I work out 5 days a week- , sleep all the time). Does anyone know if it only takes 4-5 days to completely get the pills out of your system? I've been taking only 1/2 every 6 hours or so (compared to 1 10mg every 4 hrs) for the last 2 1/2 days and it hasn't been too bad (yet?). I've also been taking tylenol and xanax so I sleep alot. I'm scared that the worst is yet to come, is it?

Old 05-21-2006, 03:50 PM   #44
    FullCircle08
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

FullCircle08 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Blasterboy
    Hi Spider and others, I hope you're all well. It's so difficult to move forward from where you are. To make that decision and then stick with it; but the thing that people really don't understand is that the staying stopped is the biggest problem that you will have to face. There are many wonderful people on these boards who will share there experience strength and hope and that's all I can do. When I 1st quit my DOC I made all these big statements and thought that was it! But as soon as my triggers issues came along I couldn't help but to fall back on the only coping method I had only know, so I got drunk/stoned.

The cycle keeps repeating itself until I heard about AA/NA and tried it their way. I didn't get sober from AA after my 1st or 2nd meeting, some do, I didn't, but I keep going back and eventually I heard the message that sobriety is about living live one day at a time and for this I live need a new way to live my life a totally new mindset; that's why people at the 12 step meeting say "keep coming back" so true sobriety can seep (plesently creep) into your soul. It really works if you give it a chance.

Unfortunate many addicts never get that far, I won't quote statistic, as it will freak some people out and maybe get this post banned, but it's not nice reading. We'll all hear because we know something’s not right about our using and drinking etc and if you think that you'd like to try the 12 step way, you'll find the meeting number in the phone book for sure; give them a call, I trust they will be very pleased to hear from you, whatever state you're in, so long as you have a DESIRE TO STOP DRINKING that's all you need to go to a meeting.

Best wishes with you choices however you move forward, I hope you do.....
    This is a great post: everyone should read the honest words spoken here. I am at day 11 clean and getting through the WD's is physical and mental, BUT the cravings and "BAD" thoughts that follow are the hardest (at least for me over the last few years). This is my 4 and final time going clean. The only way I know that is because of the words "day by day" I take each day and each craving and each hour like its my last. When I get out of that mode, is when the cravings get worse. That is where I failed in years past. Read this quote again. His words are true. Back to my journal!

Old 05-23-2006, 06:04 AM   #45
    spider37
    Veteran
    (female)

spider37 HB User

sorry i havent been back in a couple days been going through alot of crap my ex is puting me through didn't really need it on top of everything else i beleive im on day 9 things were going really well the anixty was min until he started on me a couple days ago but i am dealing with it and i haven't taken any pain killers i was however wishing i had some but i tried to push that thought out of my head i hope everyone is doing well

Closed Thread