It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

• day 3 no pain killers

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-16-2006, 06:47 AM   #1
    spider37
    Veteran
    (female)

spider37 HB User
    day 3 no pain killers

well here goes i am on day 3 of no pain killers i really need some support with this as it is cold turkey i feel just horriable i was actually looking on the net yesterday to see if i could find them without a script i did find a place but i didn't buy them went through the sweats lastnight and just horriable feelings of anxity im hopeing this will get better soon but right now im not feeling like it will im not feeling to great so if someone could please help me through this

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-16-2006, 07:13 AM   #2
    flintrock
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

flintrock HB Userflintrock HB Userflintrock HB Userflintrock HB Userflintrock HB Userflintrock HB Userflintrock HB User
    Re: day 3 no pain killers

Take hot baths as much as possible. the sweats are normal part of W/D. try to keep yourself hydrated. Drink, drink, drink........exercise too. That will help sooo much......

Old 05-16-2006, 07:38 AM   #3
    benzogirl
    Inactive
    (female)

benzogirl HB User

i read somewhere on this board that an otc med for diahrrea helps with wd's from pain meds. i think it's called lomotril(something like that). when i went through lortab wd's, i took benadryl, robitussin dmx (i think thats the one), nyquil. i didn't know about the lomitril, or whatever it is. hopefully, someone else can tell you the exact name of it. i really feel for you. it's been a long time since i went c/t from pain meds. right now i'm having to taper from benzodiazepenes. maybe you could post a thread asking about otc products to help. someone will come along to answer you. i know that pain med wd's last about 5-7 days. i am going to have to taper for over 6 months, while in a constant state of mild withdrawal. seems like forever, but i have to focus on today. otherwise i might shoot myself. hang in there, just like the rest of us.

Old 05-16-2006, 07:38 AM   #4
    kim4074
    Inactive
    (female)

kim4074 HB User

You'll turn the corner in a couple of days dont worry it gets better and better! That is just part of the w/d I would wake up when I could sleep soaked in sweat. Flintrock is right alot of hot baths helped and force yourself to take a walk. These all seemed to work for me too. I also had anxiety but that too will pass.

Old 05-16-2006, 07:49 AM   #5
    spider37
    Veteran
    (female)

spider37 HB User

thank you for trying to help me i am in just a state of confussion i don't want the pills so i don't understand why i was looking for them the past six months of my life have contibuted to me taking the pain killers i have been sick for five years and my husband left me for another woman and that's when i started taking them but now it's time to move on with my life and i can't do it on the pills i really need to get through this thank you all for the help you are trying to give me i don't have a support system here no family just me so hopefully i will get past this i don't want anyone to think what i said about the last six months is why i got hooked i just think it really contributed to it that im useing that as a cop out i know i did this to myself

Last edited by spider37; 05-16-2006 at 08:38 AM.

Old 05-16-2006, 08:55 AM   #6
    kim4074
    Inactive
    (female)

kim4074 HB User

I know what your talking about I didnt want the pills either but your mind plays tricks on you just get one and everything will stop and you'll feel all better. You'll hear stories of people tearing up the house hoping to find just one pill they might have dropped. Alot of people start abusing them more when something bad happens to them it helps mask the pain. DAY 3 is great your doing great. Just think in a couple of days you will start to feel alot better everyday and you'll realize you dont need the pills. Its rough but you can do it. Time to take care of yourself now and get your life back in order and on the pills thats hard to do. Just tell that voice in your head to shut up and stay on track to recovery. I know how hard it is. Kim

Old 05-16-2006, 09:18 AM   #7
    flintrock
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

flintrock HB Userflintrock HB Userflintrock HB Userflintrock HB Userflintrock HB Userflintrock HB Userflintrock HB User

Immodium will help with the bathroom issue......do not take tylenol.........that's a no-no...

Old 05-16-2006, 09:19 AM   #8
    spider37
    Veteran
    (female)

spider37 HB User

ty all for being so understanding and trying to help me i don't know what i would have done with out all your help

Old 05-16-2006, 11:48 AM   #9
    kim4074
    Inactive
    (female)

kim4074 HB User

Well keep posting with your updates we are all here for you. We all know a little something between all of here we know alot of what your going through. We're here for you when you need us. We have walked in your shoes and know it can be done we are all testaments of that. You will soon feel soooo much better you wont believe it. Kim

Old 05-16-2006, 02:07 PM   #10
    DCV
    Veteran
    (male)

DCV HB User

Yep, after about seven days, I started to feel somewhat normal. You are right in the middle of the hardest part from my experience anyway. Stay determined, sending you the power.

Old 05-16-2006, 06:26 PM   #11
    spider37
    Veteran
    (female)

spider37 HB User

im trying my hardest siting here sweating and having really bad anxity right now i think the anxity is the worse thing out of it i am used to my body acheing so that part doesn't bother me so much still no pills im taking this one day at a time but i really hope it gets better soon ty all for helping me through this

Old 05-16-2006, 07:15 PM   #12
    kim4074
    Inactive
    (female)

kim4074 HB User

I know what you mean the sweats suck! But they should start to go away very soon. Look on the top page of the thread there is a detox info. there and there might be an otc to help with the anxiety. That does pass too. Everyday will be a little better. When I was detoxing it was 80 out and I had the heat on 90 freezing, sweating, couldnt get comfortable couldnt sleep. All this suffering will be worth it in the end trust me. It gets soooo much better once you turn the corner day 3 is a tough one. have you been exercising? That really helps too takes your mind of the w/d's for a little while focusing on something else. I also picked up a book anything that kept my mind bz was the best for me. Otherwise I would dwell on how much I felt like crap and wanted to end it with just a pill. So stay focused your on the right path its a life long battle so your getting there. I made a post on here about what addiction is and what its about. Might help a little to understand. I think the thread was call "can someone help me on this one" not sure go read it. I also came here and read like crazy and still post like crazy to try to help others. It takes your mind off things and lets you know there is a light at the end of a very looooong tunnel! Kim

Old 05-16-2006, 07:56 PM   #13
    NightSwan76
    (female)

NightSwan76 HB User

I agree with Kim about the whole book thing. I read The Da Vinci Code during my withdrawal and it kept my mind off of things. Now I am totally excited to see the movie!!!
    Once you are through your withdrawals you will be so glad you stopped using.
    Missy

Old 05-17-2006, 06:30 AM   #14
    spider37
    Veteran
    (female)

spider37 HB User

day 4
    can someone tell me when this anxity is gonna go away that is the only thing that is really bothering me well besides this blairing headache i have i did go for a walk yesterday i seem to feel a little better when i get outside my whole body hurts by like i said im a very used to that a hot bath did help with that

Old 05-17-2006, 06:50 AM   #15
    tryinghardmom
    (female)

tryinghardmom HB User

Spider, you're doing great.......day four is a GREAT place to be 'cause you're rounding the corner. I wish I had great advice for the anxiety.....I know people always tell you not to get on a new rx when you're trying to get off the other.....but I do know that the anti-anxiety meds help a lot of people. Do you have a doctor you can talk to? Even if you don't go that route, I feel pretty confident that it'll get better each day....look how far you've come!! Hang in there...just wanted to say hello! I went CT off OC and hydro on Easter Sunday. :-)

Closed Thread