It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

From Meth to Hydro to Ultram-NO MORE W/D

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-23-2006, 09:45 PM   #1
cskalski
(male)

cskalski HB User
Angry From Meth to Hydro to Ultram-NO MORE W/D

As some of you know, I started posting here coming off methadone. I had been going to a meth clinic in DC, and it was just a bit too urban for me. (I had teeth!!!). So, I requested a taper and got a bottle of 120 10/500 hydrocodone. NOTHING! ZIP! NADA! The hydro had no effect. I was in terrible withdrawl. So, I got a refill of my ultram for my rheumatoid arthritis. BOOM...no more withdrawl. I ran out of Hydro 24 hours ago, taking upwards of 8 a day. It was definately real hydrocodone, but I got nothing out of it. No pain relief, no buzz, and no withdrawl. If it was legal I would have just returned them to the pharmacy for a refund. I think the methadone is closely related to ultram in it's chemical makup, and is why I responded as I did to it. However, I did go out and get some heroin before I got my ultram and it killed my withdrawl too, so I have no idea why the hydro left me high a dry. Anyway, I am comfortable enough now, and I intend to pursue methadone administration for pain in a pain clinic setting as opposed to a glorified jail setting. Having a 400 pound guy watch me pee in a cup was not my cup of tea, and whatr is in my pee is my business. Kaiser Permanente continues to "refer" me to various people who generally refer me back to whoever referred me there in the first place....no one wants to help me get pain free. So, I am putting out this plea: Someone here has to have a good doctor who will prescribe this father of three homeowner chronic pain suffering addict methadone so I can get my life back. I have a half built fence in the backyard that I have no energy to complete. Methadone just works for me and I am tired of my HMO..who got me addicited to opiods in the first place...passing the buck and trying to fush me down the clinical toilet.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-01-2006, 06:14 PM   #2
TexasWildRose04
Veteran
(female)

TexasWildRose04 HB User
Re: From Meth to Hydro to Ultram-NO MORE W/D

Hi I have been taking Methadone for quite some time for constant low back and leg pain for pain management, I go on a monthly basis to get refilled, but anyway, I ran out of my Methadone one time last year and I had no withdrawl effects, but this time I ran out, and cant get into my Pain Management Doc until late next week, for a refill, but anyway, I have started having bad COLD SWEATS, SHIVERING, HEADACHE, SHAKES, DEPRESSION, YAWNING ALOT, UPSET STOMACH... so after looking on the internet I am pretty certain it is Methadone withdrawl, but anyway, my question is, I have some ULTRAM and you said you tried it and it helped the withdrawl, I thought about trying that to see if it helped me, I dont suppose it could hurt anything could it? Mine are 50mg tabs, says to take 1 or 2 every 6 hrs.... Should 1 pill do the job? Just curious about your input since you had used ULTRAM for Methadone withdraw symptoms.

Thanks,
TROSE

Old 06-02-2006, 12:31 PM   #3
Timmay!!
(male)

Timmay!! HB User

I would hate to jump to conclusions here, so I will ask a few questions.
Why are you on methadone? You mention chronic pain, and also mention that you have an addiction to opiates, so I myself am a bit confused, maybe you have both? One caused by the other?

Now where I am not confused is this. You are an addict. Plain and simple. Please do not blame your doctor, unless he or she physically held you down, a few times a day, and shoved opiates into your mouth, all the time you resisting.

Some addicts will say, "but I never realized the potential for abuse", and, "the doctor never told me".

A chronic pain condition requires analgesia, I wholeheartedly agree, and I can sympathise completely with an addiction stemming from pain management.

However, it comes down to this. If methadone was working, and you felt too high and mighty that you had your teeth, and then decide to "taper" your methadone, even though it was working for you, and then score some heroin, please start seeking a rehab, and not another physician.

Old 06-13-2006, 11:15 AM   #4
lrana57
(female)

lrana57 HB User

I was given Hydrocodone for pain relief after surgery to remove a lymph node. Took one which relieved the pain but made me itch and kept me WIDE awake. Told the doctor about the itching (not severe) and keeping me awake. Had surgery months later to remove gallbladder and was given same pain reliever. However, no itching and (thankfully) relief of the pain. Took several days and then stopped. When I stopped I had very painful legs and arms with heaviness in my legs. Took the hydrocodone again and noticed that I had energy to clean the house. Noticed that I was clamping my jaw and had the feeling I had taken a diet pill. No leg pain that day but the next day it was hard to walk. So I decided to stop taking it and gradually the leg pain and arm pain went away. Question: Has anyone experienced the amphetamine effect? The leg pain and arm pain?
In addition, I talked with my sister who had been taking it Hydrocodone for stomach surgery. Later on the Hydrocodone, she had painful legs and was diagnosed with restless leg syndrome and was given Klonapin for it. She stopped the hydrocodone. She felt she was getting dependent on the Klonapin and had uncomfortable withdrawal symptoms trying to stop it (flu-like symptoms, achey, no energy.) Told her doctor and he put her on Xanax and she said that relieved the problems.

Old 06-13-2006, 12:44 PM   #5
chefob1
Senior Veteran
(male)

chefob1 HB User

irana...thats the side effects of hydrocodone...its a opiate...it gives the feeling of euphoria at first...after awhile tolerance develops and so does the the side effects and withdrawal symptoms,restless legs,diahrea,ect when your body does not get the satisfaction of the opiate...also,benzo's are very addictive and hard to get off of...klonopin is a weak benzo...xanax-alzoprolam is a strong benzo....and shes worried about being dependant?

cskalski....your a chronic pain/addict...i think we spoke before...i too did the methadone thing,im 46 and wear dentures...any physcian can prescribe methadone for pain, but if youve been off for awhile,id try sticking to the ultram....and take only when needed...being a home bound dad,your kids need a sane father to bring them up and raise them..why would you be looking for a buzz off of the hydro..take a look deep down and be honest with yourself....be very honest with yourself....what level of pain are you in daily on a scale from 1 - 10..physical,not mental...and whats up with the heroin?...your kids need a dad to come home to them...you realize the consequences of that stuff...i knew two guys who wish they hadnt done that last pump,cause they are no longer on earth today....you dont really know what you are getting...they thought theyd be fine...do it everyday...not today..............you might try sobriety for awhile...youll be amazed........chef

Old 06-13-2006, 02:44 PM   #6
scarsolar
(male)

scarsolar HB User

i've been on vicodin... plus about every other pain killer except oxy or mscontin. I had the worst dependency from ultram, partly probably because it kept me happy and not thinking about my injury so much. (broken back, fused from t11 - l3, rods removed a year ago, i have slight nuerological impairment below injury i.e. nerve pain, drop foot, weak legs, though i can walk basically normal looking) blah, blah, sorry....

Ultram gave me the worst withdrawals and i was on darvocet for 4 months straight and had no apparent withdrawals. Ultram sets hooks deeper in depressed-prone people due to its anti-depressant attributes. Be careful... Oh, ultram made me have pimples too. I quit it about 4 1/2 weeks ago and my skin is clear, more clear then it has been since taking ultram 3 years ago.

Closed Thread