It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

• New and toradol question

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-28-2006, 07:06 PM   #1
    missygt
    (female)

missygt HB User
    Question New and toradol question

I went to the E.R. today for some bad wrist pain and was told I had tendonitis. I was given Toradol ..I was looking for info on it and found this site...could you all please tell me about this drug ...how strong it is and can it be addictive?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-29-2006, 05:30 AM   #2
    feelbad
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User
    Re: New and toradol question

from what I remeber on it,it is basically an anti inflammitory type med used to treat more acute type of pain by just bringing down the inflammation of the pain generator.I have been given this med for a burn,and while in the hospital recovering from a c spine fusion surgery.it is just kind of a stronger form of NSAID type med.I wouldn't think there would be any chance really as far as ever becomming addicted to it.

though it is in a pill form,the injectable works much more effectively.thats about all I really know on it.the addiction rate would really be almost non existant,it would be similar to actually becomming addicted to a strong advil or something,you know what I mean?hope that helped you some.Marcia

Old 05-29-2006, 06:22 AM   #3
    bent_halo
    (female)

bent_halo HB User

Toradol, is given frequently in Er's...it is NON narcotic and usually given by injection, but can be dispensed in pill form...BUT, it is EXTREMLY hard on the kidneys and if prescribed, usually never for more than 5 days worth at a time...for me personally it works wonders, it's what I request, when an emergency arises and I need something more than Advil.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Some days, it just ain't worth chewing through the straps

Old 05-29-2006, 08:54 PM   #4
    missygt
    (female)

missygt HB User

Thanks to you both for answering. I was also given a shot of it in the E.R., I had never heard of it before .By this morning a lot of the swelling was down and my wrist was moving more smoothly.

Old 05-29-2006, 10:14 PM   #5
    Sarandipity
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Sarandipity HB User

yes, it is extremly addiction and hurt to come off of.

SARA

Old 05-30-2006, 04:34 AM   #6
    feelbad
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User

Sara,just curious here but are you saying that toradol is addicting and extremely hard to get off of???This is most definitely NOT the case with toradol.it is totally the opposite.Marcia

Old 05-30-2006, 04:41 AM   #7
    Fibbles
    (male)

Fibbles HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by feelbad
    Sara,just curious here but are you saying that toradol is addicting and extremely hard to get off of???This is most definitely NOT the case with toradol.it is totally the opposite.Marcia
    I've been given it many times, usually in the ER. I've noticed that before they'll give any narcotic, they will sit down and talk to you about it and cover everything, but they don't do that with Toradol cause it's non narcotic.

Old 05-30-2006, 04:48 AM   #8
    nowhere-child
    (female)

nowhere-child HB User

Sarandipity, that's wrong. You might be thinking of tramadol, not toradol.

Old 05-30-2006, 04:13 PM   #9
    kim4074
    Inactive
    (female)

kim4074 HB User

I have been given toradol for years for migraines and never had a problem with them not even an urge to take more I usually get 20 pills which I believe is a 5 day supply but they last alot longer I usually only have to get it filled 2ce a yr. Its not like vicoden where you get that sense of euphoria. Just dont take any tylenol based products with it and make sure you have something in your tummy. I have never had a problem as far as addiction with these pills and I have been given them I would say for about 6yrs. So I have plenty of experience with these are your pills 10mg? Thats what I take shouldnt have a problem. Kim

Closed Thread