It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

• Medical detox - Subutex 2mg for 3 days only?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-08-2006, 09:06 AM   #1
    Over It 2day
    (female)

Over It 2day HB User
    Exclamation Medical detox - Subutex 2mg for 3 days only?

Has anybody tried this type of detox before? I've heard about it and so far have heard of a couple of people who have successfully got off painkillers (they were on about 150mg of opiates a day- hydros, oxys or percs for about 1 year) with taking Subutex 2mg- once a day-for 3 days only.

Their protocol was to be completely off opiates for 24 hours. Take Subutex 2mg (injection or tablet) once a day for 3 days. So basically it is a 3 day course. After their 3rd day of the last Subutex intake, they completely stopped and still had no WDs. They suffered ZERO WDs during their treatment and had no WDs nor cravings afterwards as well. They did their last shot 6 days ago and still have no WDS.

I'm scared to death of any type of WDs especially Sub. It did help me get off my hydro craze but the Sub WDs were the absolutely the worst to deal with. However, the 3 day detox seems to be completely doable as oppose to being on it for more than 1 week. The less is better with Sub.

Has anybody else tried this type of medical detox before? Is it true that there isn't any type of physical WDs whatsoever? Their addictionologists are in NY/NJ areas. They also prescribed Bacloflen and Clonodine but they didn't need them after all. Sounds too good to be true.

Last edited by Over It 2day; 06-08-2006 at 09:17 AM. Reason: typo

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-12-2006, 07:07 AM   #2
    chefob1
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

chefob1 HB User
    Re: Medical detox - Subutex 2mg for 3 days only?

it is too good to be true...usually your on subutex for 3-5 days,then they put you on soboxone....hard to beleive a addict using opiates for long periods of time would only have w/d's for 3 days,then its heaven...if this was the case,youd hear lots of these wonder stories,miracles.......chef

Old 06-12-2006, 07:42 AM   #3
    Over It 2day
    (female)

Over It 2day HB User

Thank you Chef,

I wanted to ask you specifically a question about Subutex. You mentioned that you take Subutex 2mg ? every other day, right? Do you get WDs if you don't take it every other day?

Thanks again for all of your help! Take care

Old 06-13-2006, 05:22 AM   #4
    chefob1
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

chefob1 HB User

because subutex is a long acting opiate,you can miss a day w/o much,if any,uncomfortability...but by day three you would be going into w/d's....in europe they dose you every other day at some places....by the way,i take a 8mg sublinguial...for me its a cost thing...i can split one in hasld\f for a 4mg....but its like 7 bucks for a 8mg versus 5.50 for a 2mg at my pharmacy....if i was to take my 8mg this morning,i wouldnt feel w/d's until about4 oclock or so tomorrow afternoon....and it would be mild and i could still sleep....chef

Old 06-13-2006, 09:07 PM   #5
    spark-o-cet
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

spark-o-cet HB User

chef man whats up,the last i heard you were doin good and 30+ off methadone and if i read right you are on suboxone now.what happened my friend you gots me worried-thought you were doin good.get a chance tell me
    how the w/ds were off the methadone the first couple weeks-spark

over it-this type of detox will not work trust me.maybe go two weeks of suboxone then nomore.it takes about 2weeks to get the drugs out of your body-spark

ho
    w the wds were off the methadone for the first couple weeks-spark

Old 06-19-2006, 03:43 PM   #6
    chefob1
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

chefob1 HB User

sparkster...been good..been off methadone since september...only take a subutex as needed for chronic pain which is usually a pill a day...i split it up in the am/pm...you been ok?...havent seen you in a long time my friend...people come and go around here..some good folks are cram and sadmum...both parents of opiate addicted kids..ive havent seen any old crew in a long/long time...still working?...fill me in bub...gotta cook...seven days a week my friend and the lease is up in 5 mths..been here almost five years at the cafe...been here for three years this month...Heaay...happy anniversay me...gotto start a thread...bye for now...chef

Closed Thread