It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

• Ten days sober but I have a question

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-10-2006, 10:51 PM   #1
    LonelyTraveler

LonelyTraveler HB User
    Question Ten days sober but I have a question

Just wondering (as a newly sober alcoholic on my 10'th day now)...

In addition to the "cravings" during the first 3-4 days, does anyone else here get that dazed, spaced-out, stuporish, foggy, hypnotic, trance-like, anesthetized feeling in your head that fills the vaccume that the alcohol once filled after you've quit drinking for awhile?. Or is it just me?...

Try crossing your eyes for a few seconds until you get that "zoned out" feeling and that's how I feel off and on and I never felt that way for the year I was drinking. Still, I'm very glad I quit. Anyway, just curious...

- LT

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-11-2006, 12:09 AM   #2
    NitroChic
    Veteran
    (female)

NitroChic HB User
    Re: Ten days sober but I have a question

Hey Traveler....Congrats!!!!

I have been sober for 2 years now, but for the first couple weeks I felt like I was drunk physically...I would lose my balance, stagger, lose my train of thought often. My MD told me that it was by brain adjusting to being sober....I had conditioned it to over compensate for all the alcohol in my system, and my brain was still behaving as though I was still drunk.. Didnt take long though to finally gain total clarity, and is SOOOO worth it.
    God bless and hang in there

Closed Thread