It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

• Beginning Subutex

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-16-2006, 10:13 AM   #16
    Ratchet
    (male)

Ratchet HB User
    Re: Beginning Subutex

Over,
    This is just my own opinion, but sub partially robbed me of 7 years of living my life with clarity and emotion. When I first found Buprenex I was fed up with taking oxycontin everyday, I was fed up with addiction in general. So instead of taking handfulls of pills everyday to feel normal and not go into withdrawal, I took a bunch of injections. The Dr that initally got me on bupe assured me that withdrawal would be painless and I would feel normal. At first I felt great and had a ton of energy, then the energy slowly faded unless I took more bupe.. I just switched addictions. Then I switched to sub and nothing changed. I felt fatigued every day and I felt like I was living in a fog. Finally I got fed up and quit. The wd's were not too severe, but they lasted for months and the fatigue is still with me today 11 months later. I should have just quit the oxy, gone cold turkey and felt like crap for a few weeks.. Instead of postponing everything for so long and dealing with this post acute crap. For a chronic relapser that just cant stay clean no matter what, maybe it would have been a better choice. But to treat a 2 year oxy addiction with a 7 year bupe/sub addiction is just plain stupid.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-16-2006, 10:33 AM   #17
    Over It 2day
    (female)

Over It 2day HB User

You know Ratch, that is the general consensus of people. That was also my thoughts as well after I got over that roller coaster. To CT, it is still to some, a better option. To CT would take only 7-14 days at most of hellish torture but to be on Sub -long term is not a better option, in my opinion. The lethargy is what keeps most people on it , or to seek other ways to help it. It is such a viscious cycle .... You sound like you're doing great though! Congratulations on finally being off Sub!!! I know what a monumental task that was! BTW, were you on Subutex or Suboxone? At what dosage did you jump off? .50mg or .25mg? Take care

Old 06-16-2006, 12:10 PM   #18
    Ratchet
    (male)

Ratchet HB User

From late 98 to 04 I was on Buprenex. I switched to subutex in 1/04 and I stayed on it until 5/05 then I switched back to buprenex to do my final taper with precision. (It made no difference except no pill cutting)
    I jumped off at 1/4 an amp a day (.075mg) equal to around (.21mg to .3mg sub a day) Wd's took 3 days to really hit me and a few months before the chills finally went away. I still dont feel 100% normal and every day is still a personal fight for energy and motivation (at 337 days post sub/everything).

How long have you been off for? Are you off all opioids? I hope you are feeling ok now! This stuff is really rough! I am a pretty outspoken individual about sub, I have written a few posts warning people about this stuff!

Ratch

Old 06-17-2006, 07:25 AM   #19
    mpvt
    Inactive
    (male)

mpvt HB User

Hey Ratch: PAWS is a terrible thing to go through.I was wondering why you stayed on the buprenorphene for so long,was it your doctor's opinion or your????Usually with a addiction like you had they put you on buprenorphen,get you stable and then start a slow detox.Usually lasts for 6-8 weeks and your off the pills.It takes a long time to get your endorphins going again after 9 years of being turn off so to speak.It looks like your doing good now and that what really matters.All the best to you...Dave

Old 06-17-2006, 08:46 AM   #20
    Over It 2day
    (female)

Over It 2day HB User

I relapsed due to surgery I had. I then tried another detox aid and got sucked up by that although they claimed it is all herbal, it truly isn't. We aren't allowed to speak of it on these boards and the other one as well. Anyhow, i've been detoxing off that for 3 weeks and the WDS are almost the same as a long acting opiate. My friend and I have going through WDs and are baffled by this mystery ingredient.

I finally used some Subutex 2mg SL that I had left over in the last 10 days because I was deperate. I started out at 1.75mg and have been dropping about every 2 days...I'm currently on .50mg a day and trying to drop to .25mg and then taking the plunge.

My medical condition is not allowing me to exercise whatsoever and that is the main reason why I'm having such a tough time this time with WDs.

Ratch, do you think that using 12mg of Subutex total in the last 10 days will give me WDs when I stop? What are you doing to combat your PAWS? I believe you mentioned an exercise program? Why type are you doing? Are you getting enough cardio? Or are you just doing weights? Are you taking aminos and stuff? Take care

Old 06-17-2006, 10:43 AM   #21
    Ratchet
    (male)

Ratchet HB User

Mpvt, my Dr just kept telling me that its ok to stay on it as long as I like. Plus I was addicted to it so I was in no rush to get off, at least not until the depression and fatigue hit me while still on the sub. I was forced to get off because the sub effects were worse than the benefits. You are 100% correct, it should be used for a short detox only, partial agonists make horrible maintenance meds. At first they seem to work great but over time as your brain adjusts to the neural responses the partial effects just dont cut it anymore. At least with full agonists if you run into problems with effectiveness you can always increase dosage.. With sub a higher dose will make things worse. I am NOT saying a tolerance develops, but effectivness decreases over time.

Over,
    I know exactly what you are talking about and we are 98% sure we figured out the mystery ingredient. They are being VERY dishonest and sneaky to say in the least. I dont know if this helps..but the 1/2 life of the Mystery ingredient is exactly 10.8 hours. I have so much to say on this subject, yet I dont want to get into trouble. 12mg will probably be felt a bit, just taper as low as humanly possible as fast as possible. Since the 1/2 life is 37 hrs with sub you have to add all the doses you took for the previous week or so and calculate exactly how much sub is still in your system. The best jump off's from sub were reported from people who had less that .75mg of sub in their body TOTAL.. all previous doses added and divided for 1/2 life calculation.
    I have tried everything to combat PAWS including exercise, youth and time seem to be the only factors in PAWS... I am 39.. so time has been my only remedy for PAWS. I have exausted almost every single "cure" for PAWS. Amino fuel, L-Tyrosine, L-Lysine, and a ton of others.. It may have helped overall, but nothing worked immediately.

Closed Thread