It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

• Still Slow Tapering off Xanax

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-15-2006, 11:18 AM   #1
    istherelight?
    Inactive
    (female)

istherelight? HB User
    Still Slow Tapering off Xanax

Starting to feel a little weak and shaky today. Maybe due to my cut to 7mg yesterday? . Been sitting outside in the terrible heat at the garage sale. Hope to go swimming at my cousin's soon - if my father-in-law will let me get away from that BLAZING garage sale! Swimming seems to help. Just hoping and praying I feel better soon. Will update later.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-15-2006, 11:34 AM   #2
    ozzybug
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

ozzybug HB Userozzybug HB Userozzybug HB Userozzybug HB User
    Re: Still Slow Tapering off Xanax

Keep up the good work! If swimming helps, then I say swim baby swim! You are really coming along, so keep going strong. I hope you can get out of that heat!!

Lezlee

Old 07-15-2006, 02:15 PM   #3
    istherelight?
    Inactive
    (female)

istherelight? HB User

Ozzybug,

So much for swimming - getting too late in the day and still need to mow grass - maybe swim tomorrow. Feeling a little better being indoors right now. Feeling tired, but forcing myself to not nap today. Very tempting though! Planning on getting to bed early tonight; but, I usually start feeling better at night and end up staying up really late. I've also been waking up really early, too. Only reason I can figure is my tapering. Today is Day 2 on 7mg and I think I'm feeling it. I still plan to stick to it though - my rule is NO UPPING MY DOSE!

Thanks for posting

Old 07-15-2006, 09:02 PM   #4
    LisaV
    (female)

LisaV HB User

Istherelight,

I know what you mean about feeling better at night and not wanting to go to bed. That is my problem..I manage to fight all day successfully, but when the sun goes down, and I get relaxed, I feel I "owe'" myself for fighting all day and take more hyrdros than I planned. I've always been a nite owl...I prefer dusk than dawn..waking up for work with the alarm makes me want to vomit. But, I have to. I get about 4-5 hours of sleep a night. Even when I can sleep in, like today, I wake up at 5:30, than 7:00, etc. When I do force myself out of bed, it's a game of equalizing..taking my dose of hydro, sweating and fatigue, but an hour or two into the day my energy kicks in. About 2:00, I promise myself I will go to bed early, but the cycle starts again and that never happens. When I was married, going to bed was a pleasure, but now I avoid it b/c I hate waking up alone. My BF is four states away, and I can't move just yet. I pray things will change once we can have a normal life together. Hang in there. OK, now go to bed and I will, too.

LisaV.

Old 07-16-2006, 06:47 AM   #5
    istherelight?
    Inactive
    (female)

istherelight? HB User

Lisa,

Thanks for your story. Very similar to mine (except for the meds). I stayed up late again last night. Woke up at 7:30am though - on a Sunday, when I could have slept in. Feel ok this morning, though -so far. I hope you get to be with your b/f soon. I know waking up alone must be bad - especially while trying to get through the day without him being there to support you. Are you tapering or trying to quit the hydros?

Hope you got some sleep last night and I wish you the best of luck. Hang in there, be patient, have determination, and you will pull out of this. Don't hesitate to post if you need someone to talk to. I'm here to try to help others; although, I'm still struggling to get off my pills.

Hope you have a great day

Old 07-16-2006, 08:02 AM   #6
    ozzybug
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Isthere-
    I hope today is a good one for you girl! You have really come a long way in your tapering, so I know you can keep being strong. We're all here for you!

Lezlee

Old 07-16-2006, 08:37 AM   #7
    istherelight?
    Inactive
    (female)

istherelight? HB User

Ozzybug,

Thank you. You are such a supportive person. It makes me feel good to get posts like yours.

I'm hanging in there for the long-haul. Still feel ok so far today - even though I'm feeling slight w/d symptoms - not near as bad as yesterday. Hope it stays that way.

Thanks so much for your support. You're an angel.

Old 07-16-2006, 06:32 PM   #8
    istherelight?
    Inactive
    (female)

istherelight? HB User

After posting this morning (with my plans being to float in a pool today), I got really frustrated with my husband. He didn't want to go to the pool, so before he confirmed with me for sure, he asked our 3yr old if she wanted to go to the beach. Of course, her reply was YES! He said that we needed a family day where we would ALL have fun. My 3yr old is terrified of swimming pools, but loves beaches, rivers, creeks - places where her feet touch the bottom - so he didn't think it was fair to go to the pool. I DID NOT want to go to the beach. Hot, crowded, sandy, just too much dang trouble! Not to mention the beach water was like bath water, definitely over 85 degrees. I was not looking forward to this trip. But, as we turned onto the beach, one of the first trucks we saw belonged to one of our neighbors. They are really cool and they invited us to come hang out with them. So we did. It actually turned out that I had a good, family fun day at the beach with our neighbor friends. They are pretty big on drinking, offered my husband and I a beer, and we said no - even though it sounded good, we knew the consequences.

We left the beach in good spirits and went to our cousins for dinner. Came home, gave the kids a shower, took our showers (and our evening dose) and are doing fine now. I did get pretty sunburned, but that's the least of my worries now. I feel tired, but the beach, sand, and sun sure do take a lot out of you.

I'm starting to get short-tempered sometimes. Kind of moody. They only last a few minutes and then I'm fine. I'm assuming this is due to tapering. This is day 3 and still on 7mg.

Have to take my 3yr old to the eye doctor pretty early in the morning. Hoping for another good day.

Old 07-17-2006, 09:26 AM   #9
    istherelight?
    Inactive
    (female)

istherelight? HB User

Day 4 on 7mg. Woke up feeling alright again. Had to take both my kids to my 3yr old dr. appt. I thought I was going to pull out all my hair before it was all said and done. We were there for 2 hours, and my kids were getting very impatient and starting to be bad. I started getting short tempered and ready to get the heck out of there, too!

I'm home now, but not really in the best of spirits. Kind of grumpy and want to just go to bed. I know if I do, I will feel terrible later.

STILL STICKING TO MY TAPER PLAN! Seems to be working ok, with minimal w/d symptoms. Plan to taper again in 2 days.

Old 07-17-2006, 06:38 PM   #10
    istherelight?
    Inactive
    (female)

istherelight? HB User

My day got progressively worse. Shortly after I got home from the eye doctor, my husband came in. He was not in a good mood. He is stabilized at 9mg/day right now, but I think he is scared to taper. He had an awful experience several months ago when we tried to both quit c/t. I think he was near siezures or even worse. He already has high blood pressure. It scared the living daylights out of him - and me too!

Anyway, after sitting at the doctor's office for 2 hours with my children, I wasn't in the best mood to begin with. My husband's truck was broke down and he needed to replace the starter in it. All I could hear while sitting here on the computer was him out in the garage cussing and yelling (not at me, but at that darn truck). I finally had enough and went to bed. I was really angry - he didn't realize what a bad day I had so when he was mad, it just made it twice as bad for me. I only slept 1.5-2 hours - much better than the naps I take that last 6. I woke up feeling better and my husband apologized.

I'm still at 7mg and doing ok so far. Hope and pray every day that the next will be better.

Old 07-18-2006, 06:15 AM   #11
    istherelight?
    Inactive
    (female)

istherelight? HB User

Day 5 on 7mg. Doing ok so far. Plan to cut to 6.5mg tomorrow. I'm excited about that - another step for me - but a little afraid of what symptoms I may encounter. Can't worry about that today though. I'm taking this one day at a time with high hopes for the next day. Got to go grocery shopping today with my kids. Grocery shopping is a chore for me anyway, but with my kids tagging along, it can get crazy!!

Old 07-18-2006, 12:52 PM   #12
    istherelight?
    Inactive
    (female)

istherelight? HB User

Got back from the grocery store - very agitated. I bought my kids almost everything they wanted and when we got home, they decided that they didn't want to help unload the $200 in groceries. I got very angry and told them to go to their rooms and not come out! After unloading all the groceries - ugh - I let them eat lunch. When I sat down at my computer, I realized that it was time for my mid-day dose. Maybe that's why I was so agitated???

I am normally watching the clock waiting for my next dose, but today somehow time slipped away. I guess this is a good thing.

I'm not eating like I should be. I have to force myself to eat sometimes and sometimes I don't eat until noon or later. I know this is NOT a good thing. I didn't eat until after the grocery store - around 2pm. After eating, I started moving boxes out to our storage building and started feeling sick to my stomach and very "yucky". I need to get on a better eating schedule and make myself eat at least 3 meals daily. I usually skip breakfast because I'm never hungry in the mornings. Nothing ever sounds good when I wake up.

Thanks to all who have been so supportive.

Old 07-21-2006, 04:43 AM   #13
    istherelight?
    Inactive
    (female)

istherelight? HB User

Day 3 on 6.5mg xanax. Yesterday was not so well, but today I'm feeling better. Tapering every 5 days seems to be working out fairly well for me.

Old 07-21-2006, 05:28 AM   #14
    mpvt
    Inactive
    (male)

mpvt HB User

It would be easier if you could switch to a benzo with a longer half life like valium.If not then keep up the good work and hang in there....Dave

Old 07-21-2006, 07:24 AM   #15
    ozzybug
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Isthere-
    Good morning sunshine...
    I just wanted to wish you a happy Friday, don't know what the weather will be like where you are, but here it's a major heat wave.

Stay cool, and know I'll be thinking about you. Have a good day, and as always, take care!

Your Friend-
    Lezlee

Last edited by ozzybug; 07-21-2006 at 07:25 AM.

Closed Thread