It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

• Tramadol Withdrawals and Percocet

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-28-2006, 07:07 AM   #1
    rootcanalqueen
    (female)

rootcanalqueen HB User
    Exclamation Tramadol Withdrawals and Percocet

I've been taking tramadol for about 5 months for mild shoulder/neck pain. Being prone to pill-popping, I got hooked on them (physically). I've run out twice and went into withdrawals. I know many will debate this, but it was horrible. I felt like I was going through some kind of street drug WD. Anyhow, so I haven't been able to stop. I have been on a tapering for about two weeks (from 8-10X to 4X).
    So, here is where the percs come in. I pulled a back muscle and also had some abdominal contusion. I had to go to the ER, had CAT scans, the works. They just sent me home with a RX for 20 @ 5/325 Oxycodone W/APAP. This was Monday, it's now Friday. I have not taken any tramadol since Sunday. I know that the Percocet is keeping me from WDs, but I'm almost out and my pain is alot better, so I don't need any more of them.
    My question, has anyone gone through this same thing? When I stop the Percocet and not take the tramadol either, will the WDs come on and will they be worse or better? I really do want to stop the Ultram. But, I just had to spend a week out of work and I can't stay out anymore. And the tramadol W/Ds render me useless.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-28-2006, 07:55 AM   #2
    ozzybug
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

ozzybug HB Userozzybug HB Userozzybug HB Userozzybug HB User
    Re: Tramadol Withdrawals and Percocet

R-
    If I'm not mistaken, the Percocet is stronger than the Ultram. Ultram is not a narcotic, but is addictive because of the way it works, Percocet is a narcotic and is highly addictive.

I don't want to scare you, but if you are addicted to the Ultram and have been taking the Percocet, then that's the reason you haven't been having wd's. Basically, it sounds like you have traded one drug for another, stronger medication.

I can't say that you will or will not go through wd's, but the chances are good that you will. I hope you don't though.

Keep checking back for other people's input about this. Good luck!!

Lezlee

Last edited by ozzybug; 07-28-2006 at 07:55 AM.

Closed Thread