It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

• Starting day 6 no opiates

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-29-2006, 04:34 AM   #1
    MrClean
    (male)

MrClean HB User
    Starting day 6 no opiates

I'm feeling pretty good, other than getting zero sleep last nite. One thing does this creepy skin feeling go away? I can't stand the restless legs that's the only symptem I have left really other than lack of energy.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-29-2006, 04:42 AM   #2
    ozzybug
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

ozzybug HB Userozzybug HB Userozzybug HB Userozzybug HB User
    Re: Starting day 6 no opiates

MrClean-
    I know that is miserable. I've tried things at home like putting a small massager under my legs to help me go to sleep when the RLS is bad. It kind of helps take my mind off of it.

I put it kind of under the calf muscles so that it affects both legs. The bad thing is that it's noisy and when you fall asleep, you move around and then your legs aren't laying on it anymore, but it has helped me in the past to at least get to sleep and stay asleep for a while.

I'm sure the RLS will eventually go away. Aren't there some kind of natural remedies somewhere out there for that? I've heard that vitamin K and potassium are good to use for leg cramps, I wonder if it would help with RLS?? Worth a try maybe?

Take Care-
    Lezlee

Old 07-29-2006, 08:17 AM   #3
    sad,mum
    Inactive
    (female)

sad,mum HB User

hi,daughter suffered with restless legs during her w/d from opiates,she said that after about a week they statred to ease and went soon after that,any supplements would take a while to work,i used to massage her legs but alas im a little too far away to help you,looking forward to day 7,love sad mum

Old 07-29-2006, 08:51 AM   #4
    tryinghardmom
    (female)

tryinghardmom HB User

You're doing awesome!! Won't it be great when you can turn around and help someone else who comes here who's wondering if they can get clean? Maybe you already have!

Old 07-29-2006, 01:56 PM   #5
    MrClean
    (male)

MrClean HB User

thanks guys I actually just got about 4 hours sleep and the restless legs and arms have gone away for now (I'm sure they'll sneek back up on me tonight)

But I'm feeling pretty good, yet have no energy. but it's a hell of a lot better than wasting my money on those damn pills.

Old 07-29-2006, 03:10 PM   #6
    MrClean
    (male)

MrClean HB User

why do I always feel good in the mornings then progressively get worste throughout the day

Old 07-29-2006, 03:40 PM   #7
    cram315
    Veteran
    (female)

cram315 HB User

I just wanted to pop in and offer my support and kuddos. I have seen first hand how a loved one suffers from an addiction and how hard it is to go thourgh withdrawal.

Mr. Clean, I think your body is rebelling because it doesn't have the opiates. It's learning something new, how to survive without being addicted to something. Gradually your tiredness will be replaced by energy.

Your tiredness is a natural reaction to not getting proper sleep at night. I also think your loss of energy during the day is because your body is still going through withdrawal. Think of it like this, have you ever had a really bad cold and two weeks later you finally feel like yourself? Well your body is just trying to spring back to it's normal self, it is going to take time but you are going to feel wonderful when it is done repairing itself. The body is amazing, give it time.

Just think how great you are going to feel as time goes by. I just wanted to say I am proud of you for not giving up.

Last edited by cram315; 07-29-2006 at 03:46 PM.

Old 07-29-2006, 06:08 PM   #8
    MrClean
    (male)

MrClean HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by cram315
    I just wanted to pop in and offer my support and kuddos. I have seen first hand how a loved one suffers from an addiction and how hard it is to go thourgh withdrawal.

Mr. Clean, I think your body is rebelling because it doesn't have the opiates. It's learning something new, how to survive without being addicted to something. Gradually your tiredness will be replaced by energy.

Your tiredness is a natural reaction to not getting proper sleep at night. I also think your loss of energy during the day is because your body is still going through withdrawal. Think of it like this, have you ever had a really bad cold and two weeks later you finally feel like yourself? Well your body is just trying to spring back to it's normal self, it is going to take time but you are going to feel wonderful when it is done repairing itself. The body is amazing, give it time.

Just think how great you are going to feel as time goes by. I just wanted to say I am proud of you for not giving up.
    thanks, I know my body has to recover. I just wish it would do it a little faster I've been in front of my computer this whole time I should probly get out for a bit

Closed Thread