It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

• cig addiction/chantix new approach

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-30-2006, 11:46 AM   #16
    cram315
    Veteran
    (female)

cram315 HB User
    Re: cig addiction/chantix new approach

My prescription is being filled as we speak at the pharmacy. I am going to leave in a few to pick it up. I am starting my "therapy" tomorrow.

My doctor had wellbutrin samples but he wants to wait and see if the Chantrix works. I agreed, I would have taken the wellbutrin but I am serious about quitting here and thought the wellbutrin might only help me cut down, where I have high hopes for the Chantrix. Doc said it could take up to 12 weeks. He wants to see me in a month. He has no experience with this drug, never heard of it before yesterday. He tried to get samples but the drug rep didn't have any. Hopefully by the time I get back if I need another month he will.

Chef keep us posted as you up your dose.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-30-2006, 11:57 AM   #17
    kim4074
    Inactive
    (female)

kim4074 HB User

Well no you got me wondering about this!!! Now is it that much with no insurance? I have to see my doc next month so I can see how it works with you guys then I can ask for my RX too. Hopefully there will some samples out there too! Maybe I can ask too if they can get a hold of a rep. Never hurts to try. Well let me know and if it work I will be joining you soon!!!! Your right the wellbutrin definatly cut me down but never quit. I guess that step was up to me and not the wellbutrin. Hope to be joining you soon!!! Kim

Old 09-30-2006, 07:18 PM   #18
    sad,mum
    Inactive
    (female)

sad,mum HB User

Despie all still quiting,this is for me,smoked 5 in the last our and feel sick need to do this and determined to,love o all you quitters,sadmum

Old 10-01-2006, 12:06 PM   #19
    cram315
    Veteran
    (female)

cram315 HB User

My pharmacy was out of the starter kits, they will have it in on Monday. My new start date is Tuesday. The cost is $126. Since I made up my mind to quit, the money is now well worth it.

My doctor said he read the insert and he felt the only side effect that might give me trouble is the gastric related one. I have read up on Chantix and as long as you eat and drink plenty of liquids before you take the pill you should be alright.

Eating....chef have you noticed if you are eating more since you aren't lighting up as much? Are you eating with your dose? How many cigerettes are you down to?

Sadmum, is your start date still tomorrow? Did you get the Chantix?

Old 10-01-2006, 03:00 PM   #20
    sad,mum
    Inactive
    (female)

sad,mum HB User

Despite no word from daughter i am still quitting,smoking for england at the moment,11pm and another long night if she doesnt turn up,but come tomorrow the patch goes on,have inhalators and will buy some gum if needs must,we wont get your wonder drug here until next year,sods law it will be the one to really work and i cant get it,still i wont let you down,love sadmum

Old 10-02-2006, 03:31 PM   #21
    cram315
    Veteran
    (female)

cram315 HB User

Yvonne, that is one of the many reasons why I am quitting, I am tired of being bound to nicotine. I start the Chantix tomorrow.

Sadmum, how did the first day on the patch go? Did Katey come home?

Old 10-03-2006, 03:47 PM   #22
    cram315
    Veteran
    (female)

cram315 HB User

Day one on Chantix, took with my oatmeal and decaf coffee. I expected some additional side effects since I am hypersensitive to drugs. I noticed my body reacted like I had too much caffiene, I was a bit jittery and I wasn't hungry for lunch.

Normal side effect was I was around a smoker midday and their smoke smelled really bad, made me quesey. I thought wow this is really working.

By late afternoon the chantix was winding down in my body because I did smoke. When I add in my afternoon dose, I am sure it will keep me away from the late afternoon/evening smoking. I am so ready for this.

So far so good. Has anyone else tried Chantix? Chef, how well are you cutting down? You have to stick with a no smokes date a week after you start the chantix, my date is next Tuesday.

Sadmum, two smokes today is fantastic! Especially with the added stress you are going through.

Last edited by cram315; 10-03-2006 at 03:47 PM.

Old 10-03-2006, 04:03 PM   #23
    flintrock
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

flintrock HB Userflintrock HB Userflintrock HB Userflintrock HB Userflintrock HB Userflintrock HB Userflintrock HB User

Still doing well here, although no one has asked. patch is working....Eating like a horse....but that's OK. haven't talked to son since 9-25.........not even a word........but oh well...his loss........( do miss him terribly) I can't fool you guys.........my heart breaks....but smoking won't heal it........so I am gonna do it this time......for good!!!

Old 10-03-2006, 04:05 PM   #24
    sad,mum
    Inactive
    (female)

sad,mum HB User

Thanks cram,I felt so guilty but ok 2 not bad,just so wanted to quit,posts are getting mixed up i am posting to you in all directions,karyn

Old 10-03-2006, 04:06 PM   #25
    kim4074
    Inactive
    (female)

kim4074 HB User

Flint I was just getting ready to ask and sadmum said something to you in a different thread. lol. Your doing great keep up the good job. I'm so proud of all of you and I will be joining you soon I hope!!! Kim

Old 10-04-2006, 05:07 PM   #26
    cram315
    Veteran
    (female)

cram315 HB User

Flint, so sorry I have been absent minded when it comes to supporting you. I got derailed. 9-25, is a long time. Are you experiencing what I went through in the summer, on one hand there was less turmoil in my life and I liked not having my son around and on the other if a few days went by and I didn't hear from him I was wondering about him and what he was up to until I heard from him, then he annoyed the crap out of me again . We are all in the same boat, circumstances a bit different but still in the same boat. We may not like what they are doing but how can we stop loving them? I think we just don't like them anymore. I hope he calls you soon, just to say hello. Your son knows you love him, that is why he pulls this crap. And I would rather my child be out there knowing I love them, then being out there thinking I hated them.

Quitting too? Patch worked for me the first time I quit. The chantix doesn't make me hungry at all, smoking doesn't even enter my mind, until it winds down in my system. Sleeping last night was a disaster. Don't know what two pills a day is going to do to me on Thursday. I am sure once I am up to two pills a day I won't crave smoking, won't eat and won't sleep.

Chef, I am courious, did you smoke during your first week of building up the drug in your system? It's like smoking air.

Sadmum, how did smoking go today? I know so many boards, I am losing track.

Last edited by cram315; 10-04-2006 at 05:13 PM.

Old 10-04-2006, 06:21 PM   #27
    flintrock
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

flintrock HB Userflintrock HB Userflintrock HB Userflintrock HB Userflintrock HB Userflintrock HB Userflintrock HB User

Thanks Cram, you hit the nail right on the head. I do have those feelings. I don't like him very much right now. usually no word, good news....he's ok. I'm the first one he calls when bad things happen. Although maybe not, I didn't..wouldn't get him out of jail a few weeks ago...HER other did....I would not.......those days are over. He'll be fine. My prayers are still flowing and thats all that can help him at this point.

Smoke is going well. Patch works well for me. Once I make my mind up. Hang in there all.........we need each other day by day..........good night all my dear friends..........

Old 10-05-2006, 06:13 AM   #28
    kim4074
    Inactive
    (female)

kim4074 HB User

Hows it going todays ladies and gent? Hope everyone is doing well and have their boot straps nice and tight. Your all doing great keep sharing. Kim

Old 10-05-2006, 12:43 PM   #29
    kim4074
    Inactive
    (female)

kim4074 HB User

I just called my dr's office and no samples yet but she said they will try and get some and I have an appt next friday if not they will see about getting some coupons which will help. So I will see how this goes. Time to give up my last addiction ARG! I'm scared but I'm sure I can do it. I'm sure everyone has this fear when giving up addiction I've had it before and have dealt with it. Guess I can start knitting or something..... Well hope everyone is well today and kicking some butt on this smoking.. Kim

Old 10-05-2006, 07:40 PM   #30
    cram315
    Veteran
    (female)

cram315 HB User

Yvonne, this is my third day on Chantix, tomorrow I start two doses. The first two days my body rebelled a bit and normally I am in bed by now, so it has effected my sleeping pattern.

In the end it will be worth it. Two doses should help me squash the end of day cravings that I am still experiencing. Then again I wonder if I am smoking out of habit now. What was your first day with cravings and smoking? I am down to four a day now.

Kim, I hope you get the samples. The drug works. I am just having trouble with sleeping. I have to call the pharmacy and doctor tomorrow and see if I can cut my second dose in half. I am afraid of not sleeping at all with the double dose. Do coupons actually exist?

Flint, is he still working? If he is that means he atleast has one foot in the real world, you know what I mean? When my son couldn't keep a job or wasn't working, it meant his life was revolving around his addiction. Right now my son's problems aren't first on my mind because I am so dog gone tired . All I want right now is a good nights sleep.

This board is what keeps me honest about smoking and keeps me gunning towards the no smoke zone this Tuesday.

Sadmum, how did the count go today?

Closed Thread