It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

• cig addiction/chantix new approach

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-13-2006, 12:32 PM   #46
    cram315
    Veteran
    (female)

cram315 HB User
    Re: cig addiction/chantix new approach

Sadmum do they have any medications to help take the edge off in England? Wellbutrin and Zyban aren't as good but it could help you through the rough spots. I had two drags again yesterday, like I did the previous two days before that. I don't know why I am doing this. I consider myself in the quit mode though.

Flintrock, did your insurance cover the script or did you get a sample? Keep us posted I am very interested in your day to day with it.

Kim and Flintrock I am curious if you noticed any other side effects not listed.

Kim you aren't weak, it is an addiction. The Chantix helps 80%, 20% is us. But the 20% is made easier because of the Chantix. Keep us posted daily we can share our experiences and it will help you know what to expect. When you up the dosage on day 8 it makes a big difference.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-13-2006, 12:35 PM   #47
    flintrock
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

flintrock HB Userflintrock HB Userflintrock HB Userflintrock HB Userflintrock HB Userflintrock HB Userflintrock HB User

Nope, insurance did not pay for any....doc didn't have any samples.........the reps prob don't give them any....jerks.........I will keep you posted. Today is my first day on the Chantix.........

Old 10-13-2006, 04:31 PM   #48
    kim4074
    Inactive
    (female)

kim4074 HB User

Flintrock I just my rx today havent filled it yet have to check for funds this is where a credit card would come in handy. How much did it cost can I ask I'm wondering if walmart is cheaper so I have to call around but probably still cheaper than what I spend on smokes in a month!! Need my vacation $ from not smoking! Kim

Old 10-13-2006, 04:57 PM   #49
    cram315
    Veteran
    (female)

cram315 HB User

Kim, I think I paid $126, my pharmacist said I may have been able to save some money if I went to one those warehouse stores that has a pharmacy but I didn't want to put it off any longer. Check around, I know I priced it on the internet and it was more $. Hope it is cheaper in your state.

Old 10-13-2006, 07:44 PM   #50
    Gemi_Lee
    (female)

Gemi_Lee HB User

Hi everyone,
    I've been tracking this post for a while I had a script for Chantix for about 2 weeks I wanted to learn all about it or as much as I could from other users before I filled it!!!
    Anyways I filled it tonight I check Wal-Mart prices last week-end it was $120. there. I was ready to shell out the big bucks tonight when I pick it up. I was shock when I went to pay for it & my share was only $20. my insurance actually paid for it (I have BC/BS) I ask my pharmacist are you sure they know what this is for right.... .... I thought it was a mistake she said no they are paying she said other insurance carriers are starting to pay as well. (That's good to hear!)

She also said she thinks all insurance carriers should pay for products like this cause we become healthier when we quit smoking. I agree!!!

Good luck to everyone kickin' nic's butt!!!!

Old 10-14-2006, 11:38 AM   #51
    cram315
    Veteran
    (female)

cram315 HB User

Gemi Lee, welcome and goodluck.

This is day 12 for me. I found myself wanting a smoke around 1 today but realized I was just hungry and hadn't eaten lunch yet. The urge is coming and going today but it's not overwhelming. I am far from being out of the woods with this addiction but I am heading in the right direction

Let us know your progress. It would be nice to go through this with others.
    Kim did you fill yours?

Flintrock how did day one go?

Old 10-14-2006, 01:55 PM   #52
    flintrock
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

flintrock HB Userflintrock HB Userflintrock HB Userflintrock HB Userflintrock HB Userflintrock HB Userflintrock HB User

Day one with the Chantix is fine. Patch got me through tough week....but this seems to help also..............will keep you posted.

Old 10-14-2006, 03:50 PM   #53
    cram315
    Veteran
    (female)

cram315 HB User

Flintrock, I considered taking a commit lozenge today to help squash cravings. Haven't given in. I don't know if adding in nicotine is a good or bad idea.

Old 10-14-2006, 08:19 PM   #54
    flintrock
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

the patch usually works for me. But this time, i got tired of the nicotine and stopped it. Doc gave me the chantix, so I started it. have only had 2 cigs since yesterday. I feel pretty good about that. We have to do what works for each of us. My hubby can just put them down and that's it...makes me sick......I never could go cold turkey. The exercise program helps so much.......I look forward to it. I don't even think about cigs while there.......and when I get home, I am so revived........then I eat and get sluggish again!! So, just do what works...and keep busy.......positive attitude.....and keep worrying about son, and praying.......my life story!!!!!

Old 10-15-2006, 08:14 AM   #55
    cram315
    Veteran
    (female)

cram315 HB User

Proud to say day 12 (yesterday) I made it through without my cheat drags. Didn't have any commits either. Today becomes day two of no smoking.

Flintrock, the exercising does work wonders for the mind and soul doesn't it? If our sons were excercising they wouldn't be thinking of drugs.

One of the side effects is unusual dreams, mine have been so off the wall, that they are comical. They only started when I upped the dose.

Old 10-16-2006, 07:56 AM   #56
    chefob1
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

chefob1 HB User

cram,who loves ya,,,me...glad your working on your recovery and its goin good...your son needs to stay in weekly programs,two jobs or not,he too needs to work on his recovery daily or he will turn out to be a loser and continue his habit life long...jope all ios well....chef...my spelling stinks

Old 10-16-2006, 04:18 PM   #57
    kim4074
    Inactive
    (female)

kim4074 HB User

NO I havent gotten my RX filled yet Money is a little tight right now so I cant really afford it right yet. But I have and will get it filled next pay period I really want to start this!!!! If its not one thing its another. Scott went back to work so that will help alot too!!! Just feeling a little animated today. How is it going with everyone else? Kim

Old 10-17-2006, 12:28 PM   #58
    cram315
    Veteran
    (female)

cram315 HB User

Chef you took a rainy icky day and made me smile, thanks.

Today is day 15 and I am still smoke free. I noticed today that my sniffer is working really well, lol, well it is.

I have to laugh at myself, I thought right after I stopped smoking I would feel great with bounding energy, able to leap tall buildings but then reality settled in and I realized that's not how the body works.

Kim we will be here when you start day one.

(Cheft - I am going to post on another board about my son)

How are the other quitters doing? Flint, Sadmum?

Old 10-17-2006, 01:21 PM   #59
    Yvonne710
    (female)

Yvonne710 HB User
    Cool Doing Great on the Chantix!

Hi cram and everyone. I was away for a while, but I'm back

This Chantix is the bomb. I feel great! I haven't set a 'quit date' per se but I'm keeping a little notepad with me and am tracking each time I have nicotrol (that's what I'm hooked on, haven't smoked for a while).

This stuff really works, and it is weird. I just go on about my day and don't feel like I'm missing anything. I feel fine. Then I think, shouldn't I be needing a nicotrol break about now, but I don't need to. I think I do it out of habit, so I am working on just managing those habits rather than picking a Quit Day.

I'm just setting goals every day of a certain number of sprays. Doing pretty good.

I think I'm going to stay on the Chantix for a couple months. I am actually surprised that it works so well and doesn't make you feel kooky like an antidepressant. The wonders of science....

take care, y'all

Old 10-18-2006, 01:39 PM   #60
    Yvonne710
    (female)

Yvonne710 HB User
    Another Day on Chantix

Of course after I posted the previous one, later in the day I started to feel weird, like an antidepressant.

I don't know if it is because I am using less nicotine or if it is the Chantix.

Just had to add that, because it was ironic.

Closed Thread