It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

• OTC Drug Abuse

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-17-2006, 08:52 AM   #1
    wondering guest
    (male)

wondering guest HB User
    OTC Drug Abuse

When I was a junior and senior in high school, I used to abuse Dextromethomorphane (DXM) which is the active ingredient in Robitussin and Coricidin at least 4 times a week. I also used to abuse Dipenhydrimate and dipenhydramine which were the drugs in Benadryl and Dramamine. When taken in very high doses, these drugs would produce a hallucinogenic and pychotic state. Problem is, after I did them, my brain felt more fried and burnt out than it would from taking any other drug. I have done DXM more times than I can count and I have done dramamine and benadryl probably a total of 20 some times. I was wondering if anyone knew the long term effects these drugs will have on my brain.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-17-2006, 05:50 PM   #2
    NaeNae

NaeNae HB User
    Re: OTC Drug Abuse

I'm not sure, but I was going to tell you I saw a girl doing the same thing on the Dr. Phil show about 2 weeks ago. She was heavily abusing Robitussin and wasn't having such great side effects. I know his show has a message board, I wonder if you could find something on there? His show was about teenagers abusing medications that could be found in your home.

Good luck!

Closed Thread