It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

• Quit Hydro using Tramadol.....

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-02-2006, 09:18 PM   #1
    HydroHead
    (female)

HydroHead HB User
    Quit Hydro using Tramadol.....

Hey all, some may remember me, some wont. Brief history: Addicted to hydro/oxy for alomost 2 years, tried to get off on my own, failed, then tried one more time about 5 months ago by switching to tramadol. Now I know that many people on this board believe that Tramadol is just as bad as the other stuff, but not for me. I have gone ct off the tram 2 days ago. I have insomnia and a bit of restless legs but NOTHING compared to the wd's from hydro/oxy. I yawn a lot and my skin gets tingly here and there, but all in all I am able to perform my daily functions. I just wanted to touch base, I have been reading all your posts every week, I just didn't feel like sharing my method of getting off the hard stuff because a lot of people felt like I was fooling myself stepping down to the Tramadol. And a lot of people were very supportive too! Most of you people are.
    Buckeyetim, you said to me last time that if I fail my detox or go back to my doc, that I need to look into sub. Well I have and I agree with you. so I'll make you a deal...if I go back to another narcotic or synthetic narc (tramadol, ultram) ever again, I will seek sub treatment. Sound realistic? OK everyone, like I said I don't feel to terrible, I just wish I could sleep!!!!!
    Good luck to all on this path, and for those on the other side, keep posting. It gives people like me the motivation I desparately need sometimes.
    Amy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-03-2006, 06:57 AM   #2
    bkim
    Inactive
    (male)

bkim HB User
    Re: Quit Hydro using Tramadol.....

Hi Amy, Great to hear from you. I personally feel the sub should only be used for a short time in order to effectively combat the w/d symptoms. So, you have been off the pain killers for that long? Good for you. Wish you the best for kicking this. Try to stay away from taking any of those pills.

Old 11-03-2006, 07:50 AM   #3
    Blasterboy
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

Blasterboy HB UserBlasterboy HB User
    Re: Quit Hydro using Tramadol.....

Hi Amy, on't set yourself up for another fall by imaging that there's this other wonder drug, try and image that you're quite for good, but that you are only going to deal with that statement and your life with regards that "One day at a time."

I think it's important that we are serious about living a sober live and not just getting clean, I mean getting sober, dealing with life issues- so that you don't have to press that big red self destruct button next time! For me NA/AA worked, I know others have found success through differenet methods; however you live your life-I hope it's clean and sober.....

Best Wishes

Closed Thread