It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

• Im addicted to endone &the dr just took me off them,can he do that??what can I do now

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-07-2006, 05:14 PM   #1
    opiateaddict
    (female)

opiateaddict HB User
    Im addicted to endone &the dr just took me off them,can he do that??what can I do now

Hi I have been on endone for abt 2months now,and the dr has just stopped prescribing me.Im addicted to them coz I love the way that they make me feel.Im a previous IV user,and ive even cooked the endone and shot it up.I have got hepc from sharing needles and if I cant get the endone now I will go back to using heroin coz im a better person when im using the endone and I feel good and I can accually get out of bed and feel good and enjoy life when im on them.Is the dr allowed to just take me off the endone after me using them for 2 months?And I was using abt 10 5mg oxy a day,sometimes even more.But a friend of mine was on the 40mg oxycontin and i was shooting up 2at a time.Do you think that they will put me on methedone?I have used it before,I use to buy it off someone and also shoot it up.can someone plz help me and tell me if the dr is allowed to just stop my prescriptions???Coz if I cant get them then I will have to start using heroin as a substitue.How hard is it to get on the methedone program in my circumstances???I live in adelaide,australia.plz help me??????

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-08-2006, 02:59 PM   #2
    slipperyslope
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

slipperyslope HB User
    Re: Im addicted to endone &the dr just took me off them,can he do that??what can I do now

Hello, I am not familiar with endone and have never heard of it, what is it? It must be something we in the US have not heard of as I could not find anything online about it either.

Your Dr can do what he wants and if a Dr feels you are abusing the medication and not taking it as directed, they can take you off at any time with no notice. Are you getting it from a pain Dr? Do you have a contract with your Dr that explains that they can stop prescribing at any time should there be a problem on how your taking it and if your abusing it? Perhaps the Dr saw your track marks and noticed you are an IV user? or they were suspicious you were an addict?

It is not against the law for your Dr to stop prescribing to you so you really can't do anything about it. What was the reason the Dr gave you for cutting you off? Didn't the Dr discuss this with you prior to taking you off it? what is the reason?

I do believe you can get into a methadone program since your a drug user so that should not be a problem for you, Perhaps you should go and talk to the clinic and have a meeting with a counselor. It doesn't sound like your interested in quitting the drugs, and that is very sad as its so dangerous to shoot heroin and oxy given the fact you have Hep C doesn't help matters in regards to your health either you do no that Hep C can kill you right? you need to take care of your liver as its not in good shape if you have Hep C to begin with. I do think you should seek out some help and see if you can get on methadone or suboxone and try and clean up. They do drug test you so you will have to give up the heroin and stop taking the oxycontin as they will kick you right out if they find it in your urine as they do drug test you. Than you will have to go through horrible with drawls, and that won't be pretty.

I really hope that you can get some help getting off the heroin as it is not a cool thing to be doing to your body and the W/D when you run out must be HIDEOUS, UGH, I hope you can get some help and SOON..

SS

Old 11-09-2006, 03:38 PM   #3
    kim4074
    Inactive
    (female)

kim4074 HB User
    Re: Im addicted to endone &the dr just took me off them,can he do that??what can I do now

Why dont you look at this as a blessing and not something horrible I know easier said than done. It sounds like your not affraid to put anything in your arm and this has caused you some serious health affects. Instead of running to heroin why dont you just stick it out and go through the w/d's I know it will suck a little while but they do end its time to get control of your life back. The w/d's will end put as long as your using the running and freaking out about no drugs will NEVER end unless you end it. The w/ds are the worst at day 3-5 but after that they will get better you will have to change your friends and your lifestyle but doesnt sound like you want to change you just wanted it to be easier for you by getting your drugs from a Dr vs. running around on the streets. Are you happy with the way your life has been consumed by drugs and addiction? I guess you havent hit your bottom yet and maybe your bottom will be 6ft under. I dont mean to be mean and I know we dont come here for tough love at some point you have to change things for the better. I wouldnt run to heroin so I wouldnt have to suffer for a few days and frankly sounds abusurd that anyone would do that. Then again we are addicts always chasing a high at whatever costs. When your ready to control your life instead of drugs controlling it then thats when you will change. I see you havent been here in a couple of days so I will assume your chasing the dragon with a needle in your arm please tell me I'm wrong. I know this isnt what your life was supposed to be like and I know deep down you dont want it to be this way. I hope you can get on methadone but I think it should be for people who really want to change and stay off drugs not a substute so you dont have to suffer w/d's. What happens when you taper off the methadone then what back to heroin? Well please post and keep us updated even if your not ready to stop sometimes posting and talking about it might change your mind. Best wishes Kim

Old 11-10-2006, 03:04 AM   #4
    opiateaddict
    (female)

opiateaddict HB User
    Re: Im addicted to endone &the dr just took me off them,can he do that??what can I do

hi kim maybe im not ready to get off the drugs yet,but im not using herioin but im affraid that i will coz i love the feeling that the opiates give me n hep c cant kill you,only in prob 60 years time if u r unlucky,n the drs have told me that.the dr knewq nothing abt me shootin up the endone and by the way endone is hydrocodone which is the same as oxycontin.he took me off it so i wouldnt get addicted but its too late,i am!I have not used the heroin now for a FEW YEARS coz i have had other subs.I hold down a good job now n yes i have come far in my life but now im just worried coz i will always be addicted to the opiate coz i like the HIGH too much.I will keep posting in here so i can keep yous up to date with my sitcho>THANXFOR CARING.bye now talk later.I live in australia by the way.so its hard to just get pills without a prescription,infact i never heard of ben able to get them without 1,unless u buy off the st or off some1 who has got them.

Old 11-10-2006, 04:59 AM   #5
    slipperyslope
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

slipperyslope HB User

I am sorry but Hep C can be fatal, in fact my friends mother was given 3 months to live as she is in liver failure right now. She has had the disease for 16 years and it is now going to kill her I am sorry but your information is IS WRONG Yes it does not happen over night but it is and can be fatal. Why don't you visit the Hep C board and find out for sure, as there is a HEP C forum on this board... I hope that does not happen to you but I wanted to let you know that it CAN and DOES happen.

Also my friends mother did die from this disease as she bled out internally from it after 18 years of having the disease She died on her bathroom floor and it was nothing but a mess of blood everywhere liver failure is not a pretty way to go. Its espeically serious if you don't take care of your body, which you are not, I am just worried about you and I do care.

But since your not willing to give up the drugs and you love the high so much I won't be able to offer any more advice or help until you are ready to quite.

SS

Old 11-10-2006, 07:21 AM   #6
    kim4074
    Inactive
    (female)

kim4074 HB User

Well we will be here for you when you have decided enough is enough. Just stay away from the heroin PLEASE! We all have our own bottom. I too loved the warm fuzzy feeling but eventually I got tired of chasing the high. The warm fuzzy feeling turned into guilt and self hatred for me personally. I didnt want to be an addict I didnt want to count pills anymore I didnt want to constantly worry about running out. I was no longer the person who loved life I became a person who loved pills more than life. My uncle has hep c and is not doing well and he is only in his 40's he just finished treatment which was pretty simular to someone with aids. So do some research there really isnt alot of knowledge out there and your Dr's are right if you take care of yourself you can probably live a long life. Best wishes to you. Kim

Old 11-10-2006, 11:21 AM   #7
    mpvt
    Inactive
    (male)

mpvt HB User

I'm with slipper here Opiate.You need to educate yourself about HCV as it can be fatal if you don't look after yourself.Shootin crap into your viens is not a healthy lifestyle and will not help you keep the HCV in check
    Hydrocodone is not oxycontin,oxycontin is oxycodone whixh is the opiate in percocet.Hydrocodone is found in vicoden,Loratab ect.They are not the same drug.I wouldn't suggest a methadone program until you exhaust all other avenues.Buprenorphene would be a good one for you to try.Good luck....Dave

Closed Thread