It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

• Weening Off Percocet Question

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-11-2007, 01:08 PM   #31
    shawley
    Inactive
    (male)

shawley HB User
    Re: Weening Off Percocet Question

Pepper,
    Sorry I haven't been on , been on the couch . my head isn't the same latley and it feels better just to lie down ,sorry. Yes it is a huge wieght off my shouldner , I spoke to my in-laws and they understand that I'm not the kind of person to get hooked on purpose and they said I'll be fine , just 1 thing I'm out of meds till the 15th I just have bad anxiety thats all I'll be ok. Thanks for carring , I'll be back on Monday, I need to lay down some more. My goodness why does everything spin when you try to stop ?
    I'm fine thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-11-2007, 04:26 PM   #32
    reachout
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

reachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB User

Shawley

Are you completely out of BOTH meds??? I am so hoping not or you are going to be in full withdrawal by Monday. Is it just the Percocet that is gone? If so, take the Morphine until Monday. If not, put in an emergency call to your Doctor and get enough to get you through. You will have to pick the script up, I know, because both meds are by script only. But you can not go from now until Monday without any opiate or your course of action is going to change drastically from a planned taper to an unintentional cold turkey.

Go read the very first thread on this board called "Sample Home detox" at the very least.

I am really worried about you. Please check in, okay??

reach

Old 02-11-2007, 05:57 PM   #33
    ms_west
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

ms_west HB User

((((((Shawley)))))))))) Oh man, this is not good. I am praying for you!!! Take care of yourself.

Old 02-11-2007, 07:02 PM   #34
    BlueAtlas
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

BlueAtlas HB UserBlueAtlas HB UserBlueAtlas HB UserBlueAtlas HB UserBlueAtlas HB UserBlueAtlas HB UserBlueAtlas HB User

Shawley, if you spoke to your in-laws about this, does that mean you brought your wife into the loop too? I really hope so, but if not and your in-laws are so supportive, maybe you can enlist them to help you tell her when the time is right.

I hope you make it through the night, Shawley, without heading into major withdrawal. Your doctor's office is supposed to get you set up on Monday with some help, aren't they? Please, please make sure they know right away that you're out completely!

And you hang in there! You're gonna lick this! If you have a hard time for a while, could you try to give us at least a quick post everyday so we know you're okay? I'm worried about you!

Prayin' for you!!!!
    Emily

Old 02-12-2007, 04:12 AM   #35
    shawley
    Inactive
    (male)

shawley HB User

Morning guy's , yes I am completly out of my meds , both. But it seems my rizopam helps with the side effects a litte so it's not like I have nothing. 3 days till my morphine is due but I hate takeing it. I'm really ok , it's just the shaking and nervousness /dizzyness that I hate while I stand or sit.
    I thank you all for carring so much but don't worry I'm a srtong person I can survive , my mother in law is my best friend , she understands how my wife would react about this , see my wife has high anxiety and she hasn't gone for help yet. She is soon tho ,she attends school twice a week to be a RN she has one more class then she has to take an inturnship for 2 years , she works a 8 hour day Mon-Friday and attends school at night , right after work. she said as soon as she has to take her inturnship she's going for anxiety help. But thats why I don't involve my wife. She can be sycotic
    Forgive my spelling , it's been a while since school 1983 and had no use for spelling until we got this puter.

I hope my Dr. calls at 8:00am. Do you think they would give me somthing since I'm out ? GOD I hate to even ask.
    Thanks you all again , your so supportive of me.

Sorry but on the weekends I devote my time to my family and don't get on here . I'm sorry if I made you worry.

Old 02-12-2007, 06:52 AM   #36
    BlueAtlas
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

BlueAtlas HB UserBlueAtlas HB UserBlueAtlas HB UserBlueAtlas HB UserBlueAtlas HB UserBlueAtlas HB UserBlueAtlas HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by shawley View Post

I hope my Dr. calls at 8:00am. Do you think they would give me somthing since I'm out ? GOD I hate to even ask.
    Hey Shawley,
    You've already 'fessed up to them, so at this point I would just point blank ask them "what do I do?" They do need to know you're out. Let them help you! Make it clear to them that you've made the leap, you're mentally ready to get this completely under control, and you'll do whatever they want you to do to accomplish that.

I'm glad you have such a good relationship with your mother in law. Wow! That's unusual, and it's wonderful! I'm especially glad just because that means you have someone in your corner who can see first hand how you are, hold you accountable, and be your cheerleader.

As far as your spelling, who cares?!!! You get your message across! I'm a good speller, but there are lots of other things I'm not so good at that you're probably great at. I wish I could make people laugh like you do! I'd rather have that than be a good speller!

Anyway, I'm glad you've gotten through the weekend fine and that you have your priorities right to spend time with your family. Be seein' you around the boards!

Blessings,
    Emily

Old 02-12-2007, 07:15 AM   #37
    shawley
    Inactive
    (male)

shawley HB User

Sweet Emily , you are so kind and make me feel half human during this horrible experience, not only is my back /legs andfeet hurt my head is going in circles right now and find it hard to stand on my own two feet without feeling like I'm gonna fall down..Whew ! I'm sorry today I just don't feel funny nor could make anyone laugh today. Yeah I love my mother in law like my own mother who passed in 1999. She worries so much about me even when her own son is in the hospital with ticulitest ?? I'm proud to know her. Very good and funny person we make each other laugh all the time. We even go to our local sportmans club to get corn to feed the turkeys and Deer in my yard. I called my doctor and they ask for my pharmacies phone # I don't know why , but I told her she couldn't call any in for me, but she said she will mail me a script ASAP.

Take care and thanks for helping others when you have your own problems , God remembers people like you

Old 02-12-2007, 08:08 AM   #38
    ms_west
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

ms_west HB User

Shawley - do you have an appt today near you or is that next Monday?

I wish I had some magic words to say that would make you feel better. The fact that you have run out of meds scares the h_ll out of me and I pray that your doctor contacts you soon. This is not good.

Thinking and praying for you bunches today!!

Old 02-12-2007, 08:20 AM   #39
    shawley
    Inactive
    (male)

shawley HB User

Pepper ,
    you feel like my best friend. And when you worry about me makes me feel guilty. I'm doing as good as expected I think ? I think my nurse is calling me in some Vikes to help in the meantime , I just wish they would call me now ! I'm still curious how I'll get them , I did get my truck fixed but scared to drive it like this..

Thanks pepper you have more important things to worry about. Get better then you can help me. Jeesh you just came out of surgery..Make me feel like a sissy boy ..just kidding you. How are you doing ? I hope your pain is normal and goes to none. Then I can help you off your meds ?? Never know. I watched good movie the other day , called 15 minutes , Robert Dinero (spelling ? ) played in it. Great movie. You'll have to rent it.
    Anyway please don't worry yourself over me I'm sure I'll be just fine and dandy.
    Take care of that wound

Old 02-12-2007, 09:22 AM   #40
    ms_west
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

ms_west HB User

Shawley - friends worry about friends. I know we have only known each other for a short period of time but I feel really close to you and I do worry about you.

Do you have a friend, you could call on to help you go pick up your script?

You are far from a Sissy. I think it took alot of courage to come clean even with your cyber friends.

I am doing well. Today my back is bothering me a little so I am going to go for my walk and then just relax a little. I wonder if it might have to do with the winter weather coming tomorrow?

Gotta get movin.....talk to you later.

Old 02-12-2007, 09:31 AM   #41
    shawley
    Inactive
    (male)

shawley HB User

Pepper,
    It's always nice to here from you guys on here. Thanks for caring so much , it's funny because I think about you all everyday and I do have a life with friends , yes they will pick it up for me , if my nurse ever calls back .

Make sure you walk as much as you can , don't hurt yourself or overdue it. Take it slow at first for a couple weeks then you can start running again I wish I could run I'd chase these dang neighbors up the road for speeding . Yeah there calling for 6-12" here tonight. Time to get the plow out again.

Thanks for posting to me , better go get that walk before you need a sled. Take care Pep

Old 02-12-2007, 11:18 AM   #42
    BlueAtlas
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

My pharmacy told me once that although they don't "officially" make deliveries, there are always exceptions and they take care of their customers. If your friends aren't available, you never know. The pharmacy might be willing to run it out to you. Also, if the nurse doesn't call back, you could try calling the pharmacy and asking if she called in a prescription for you. Maybe she's done it but just hasn't gotten back to you yet.

Just a thought...

Hope you feel better soon! There's a light at the end of the tunnel (and it isn't the headlight of the train)!

~Emily

Last edited by BlueAtlas; 02-12-2007 at 11:20 AM.

Old 02-12-2007, 11:24 AM   #43
    shawley
    Inactive
    (male)

shawley HB User

Emily I wish that train would just hit me for crying out loud..I can't take this much longer...I'm affraid I'm going to have to tell my wife , and have her take me to the ER soon....I don't feel right at all and I'm scared to death. My muscles just keep twitching and wanting to move all the time...
    I'm sorry you have to here all this, please be careful on your meds ,I never thought I had a problem till I tried to quit...

Thanks Emily for posting

Old 02-12-2007, 01:03 PM   #44
    BlueAtlas
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Ohhhhhh, Shawley, I'm so sorry this is so hard! I know you're a guy, but guys need hugs, too, sometimes.

(((((((((((((((((((((many virtual hugs, Shawley)))))))))))))))))

I wish there was something else I could do. I continue to pray for you. Never, never give up! And I know you won't!

Blessings,
    Emily

Old 02-13-2007, 04:45 AM   #45
    shawley
    Inactive
    (male)

shawley HB User

Just wanted to say thanks for the hugs and prayers , my Dr. send me something to get me over the hump for now. Thank goodness no more withdraw. I'm quiting this junk as soon as I'm able. No quickies , its going to take a while for me to stop , but it will happen as fast as I can.

Thanks for your support

Closed Thread