It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

• I have to try suboxone

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-13-2007, 07:58 AM   #1
    lmb1964
    (female)

lmb1964 HB User
    I have to try suboxone

Hi all,

I am going to a doctor today to try Suboxone, this is day 6 of cold turkey for me and it seems to get WORSE by the day. I was taking 3-4 7.5 Lortabs per day for about 1 1/2 years it started when I had a hysterectomy. Anyway, the symptoms I have are sweats, loose BM'S and creepy crawly sensations and BAD nightmares. I have 2 kids one with autism and I need to stay healthy and to keep going. My husband does not know anything about this, but I have a great friend by my side and all of you I can turn to. I know some of you will tell me to keep going but it is just to hard for me!

I have posted here a couple times before and you all have been great especially you veterans, you are a inspiration to me! Buckeye Tim you rock!

Wish me luck, I will let you know my experience about trying to find a suboxone doctor next time. All I can say is if you have mental health insurance call them and let them help you! I'll let you all know how it goes.

I

The following user gives a hug of support to lmb1964:
    mermaid11 (01-24-2012)
    Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-13-2007, 08:12 AM   #2
    reachout
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

reachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB User
    Re: I have to try suboxone

Hi IMB

You know your body beat and are accepting the limits of what you can and can not handle. Good for you. If Suboxone seems the best route for you, then go for it.

You are right. That old Tim does rock. Rock and Rolling Tim. Smiles. I am sure he will be around to share his knowledge with you about the sub.

In the meantime, hang in there. It is rough to do this cold turkey, especially when you have children to care for.

Thinking about you.

reach

Old 02-13-2007, 01:26 PM   #3
    TJinPA
    (male)

TJinPA HB User

IMB I have been on sub for 56 days and I can honestly say. The only better decision I could have made was to stay away from the hydros. At first my ins. was not going to cover the sub, but the Dr secretary called and boom, they started covering the med. Your days and nights will be yours again instead of the paranoid thoughts and consumption of the pills. Ask anything you wish. I read the entire internet on this before I tried it. and just in case Tim broke his computer I'll tell ya... GOTTA EXERCISE!!!

Old 02-14-2007, 05:06 AM   #4
    lmb1964
    (female)

lmb1964 HB User

Reachout, Thanks for your support, its so nice to know there are caring people out there! God bless.

TJ, How is the weather there? I have friends in NH and they are getting the snow bad!! I just took my first dose of the Subox about 7:15am today, I think I am starting to feel better already, only I didnt sleep much last night, but I can feel my anxiety level going way down and my mood getting better. Is walking or leisurely bike riding enough for exercising?, thats about as good as it gets for me! Thanks for your post, you will probally be hearing back from me! LOL

Last edited by lmb1964; 02-14-2007 at 05:19 AM. Reason: spelling, add comment

Old 02-14-2007, 08:03 AM   #5
    bkim
    Inactive
    (male)

bkim HB User

Hey guys. Its such a good feeling to know I was able to help someone in any small way. You guys can all pay me back by staying off the drugs and try to better your lives. We only live once you know!! About your situation lmb. I know you prob were taking the pills for that boost. Well, hopefully you can find something to help you out in that area. The sub is a great drug to use during the w/d's. Unfortunately, I cant say whether its a good or bad idea to take it long term. From experience, I used it for around 10 days during the physical detox. My wife is a special ed teacher and has worked with autistic children. Lots of work, but all of our kids are a true blessing. As a matter of fact, one of the neighbor boys is has high functioning autism and is such a great kid. I have 2 wonderful girls but boy can they wear me out. My wife has a snow day and is home with the kids today. She is loving the time with them, but she is exhausted by the end of the day. I know she looks forward to when I walk through the door and start my wrestling matches with them. Everyone who is struggling with the pill issue can get out of it. Yes, it is hard, but WELL worth it. You just have to bite the bullet and use the tools that work. Like TJ said-exercise. No doubt about that. There is no need for embarrassment. Heck, its our lives and the hell if anyone has a problem with wanting to get help. Iím the only one here on my team today at work, so Iím just rambling on. We got hit with a bunch of snow yesterday.

Old 02-14-2007, 09:41 AM   #6
    TJinPA
    (male)

TJinPA HB User

IMB I'm in Penna and we got hit with 8" of snow than 2" of ice and now its snowing again. It is a mess. As far as the exercise goes anything that raises your heart rate will do so walk briskly and biking is a great way to get the heart rate up and the natural endorphins flowing. How much vic/hydro were you taking when you decided to quit? As far as the mood improvment and the decrease in anxiety that is normal for the sub. What you will find is that the mood elevation will subside in a few days and you will just feel normal. What dose did your Doc give you and what is the Docs thoughts about maintenance on this medication? My doc is letting me decide how much and how long I will be on this. I started at 16mg a day and I am now weaning down to 18mg.

Old 04-02-2007, 04:38 AM   #7
    withdrawls are hard
    (male)

withdrawls are hard HB User

People, I hate to burst your bubble but the only way sub is a good thing is for a very short time for detox only, otherwise your substituting one addiction for another. and believe me sub detox is no picnic. please bear this in mind if u didnt know already..it is an opiate just like the rest.

Old 04-02-2007, 01:22 PM   #8
    Podee
    Veteran
    (male)

Podee HB User

Absolutely - many think that suboxone is the cure to opiate addiction. But suboxone is just another opiate!

Similarly people thought morphine was the cure to opium addiction. Later, people thought heroin was the cure for morphine addiction! Now people think methadone is the cure for heroin addiction. The cycle never ends until it is BROKEN and you get clean and sober.

Best of luck to you withdrawls suck. Hang in there!

Last edited by Podee; 04-02-2007 at 01:24 PM.

Old 04-16-2007, 05:50 AM   #9
    lmb1964
    (female)

lmb1964 HB User

Thanks, withdrawalsarehard for your advice but I don't think I will go cold turkey from the sub like you did, I tried that many times from the lortab and that was pure hell, this is why I went to a doctor for help this time. I was tired of all the crap like lying to doctors to get pills and and worrying about my family finding out and running out of the stuff! I have 2 great kids and a hubby to care for.
    And only when my doctor and I think I am ready will I discuss reducing the Suboxone. Also, I don't think I would compare the heroin/meth thing to the sub, as I don't get a high off the sub. I understand you guys had a tough time with it but like any therapy or drug, what happens with one person doesn't always happen with another.

Thanks to all of you that have given me support in the past here, You have all really led me in the right direction! Hopefully I can help some of you someday. God bless you all!

Last edited by lmb1964; 04-16-2007 at 09:49 AM. Reason: add comment

Old 04-19-2007, 06:11 AM   #10
    catze07
    (female)

catze07 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by lmb1964 View Post
    Hi all,

I am going to a doctor today to try Suboxone, this is day 6 of cold turkey for me and it seems to get WORSE by the day. I was taking 3-4 7.5 Lortabs per day for about 1 1/2 years it started when I had a hysterectomy. Anyway, the symptoms I have are sweats, loose BM'S and creepy crawly sensations and BAD nightmares. I have 2 kids one with autism and I need to stay healthy and to keep going. My husband does not know anything about this, but I have a great friend by my side and all of you I can turn to. I know some of you will tell me to keep going but it is just to hard for me!

I have posted here a couple times before and you all have been great especially you veterans, you are a inspiration to me! Buckeye Tim you rock!

Wish me luck, I will let you know my experience about trying to find a suboxone doctor next time. All I can say is if you have mental health insurance call them and let them help you! I'll let you all know how it goes.

I
    Hi all im new to this site 4/07 im not sure if there are any current updates out here? anyway i go to doc tomorrow to try sboxstone. i have been addicted to vicoden for 9 years, 20-40 a day.. can anyone tell me if suboxstone really helps the withdrawls? i dont want to feel any of it.. please write back if you read this, thanks cathy

Old 04-19-2007, 08:07 AM   #11
    TJinPA
    (male)

TJinPA HB User

Hi Cathy Yes suboxone does work. You will be amazed at how this just eliminates the w/d's and also the cravings. Will you be using this to detox (5 -10 days) or will you go on a maintenance does? I would recommend that you stay at as low a does as you can because comming of of the sub is no picinic. If you go the maint. route you will need to do a slow taper to avoid the w/d from sub. I have been on this since Dec 06, and I would be happy to tell you anything you need to know. TJ

Old 04-19-2007, 11:59 AM   #12
    penny44
    (female)

penny44 HB User

Hey Catz07! Were u really taking that many? I am new to this site and after reading THAT, well, I feel like I found someone who I can relate to! NOT that I want anyone to know what this feels like but... I, too, am having a difficult time quitting! I have never heard of the drug everyone keeps talking about here, Sub... (whatever). Have you? Do you find that this site is helping you? Do you take the pills for pain or for the "good" feeling they give you? I have found that my life is unbearable without them! I cannot believe I am in this situation! Sometimes, reading other peoples stuff helps and other times it's annoying as I just don't find all that "sweet talk" doing any good... the cheering and go get um' attitude is a waste... only the pills work!!! Maybe I am worse than everyone else? Anyway, it feels like a relief to say that much and I am hoping you can do the same for me... good luck! I really mean it!!!

Old 04-19-2007, 12:30 PM   #13
    Podee
    Veteran
    (male)

Podee HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by TJinPA View Post
    Hi Cathy Yes suboxone does work. You will be amazed at how this just eliminates the w/d's and also the cravings. Will you be using this to detox (5 -10 days) or will you go on a maintenance does? I would recommend that you stay at as low a does as you can because comming of of the sub is no picinic. If you go the maint. route you will need to do a slow taper to avoid the w/d from sub. I have been on this since Dec 06, and I would be happy to tell you anything you need to know. TJ
    Suboxone "works" because it is an opiate! Somewhat different from taking heroin to get off morphine, or morphine to get off opium, but the same basic principle.

Suboxone CAN be used to get off street drugs like heroin, but as you say, if you are on it more than 14 days it creates its own dependence and is just trading one addiction for another.

Old 04-19-2007, 12:43 PM   #14
    penny44
    (female)

penny44 HB User

If the sub... is another opiate then how does it help???

Old 04-19-2007, 01:01 PM   #15
    kadee
    Veteran
    (female)

kadee HB User

I find that the friendliness and the helpfullness of this site affects me in a positive way. I am learning to take out of life what I put into it. Praying to keep going forward to a more abundant life.
    kadee

Closed Thread