It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

• My Final Withdrawal Begins...

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-05-2007, 02:31 AM   #1
    coder
    Inactive
    (male)

coder HB User
    My Final Withdrawal Begins...

Sorry I have not posted lately on here. I have been dealing with the final emotional stages of the hydro withdrawal. My last one of those monsters was on Feb 28 and the depression was by far the most debilitating withdrawal sensation. I had a clonidine patch and also continued some darvocet during the withdrawal which also helped greatly diminish the physical sie of the withdrawal.

Well, the time has come for the darvocet withdrawal. I ran out yesterday and it has been about 12 hours since my last pill. Remember, my pain management doctor tossed me out on my arse for getting myself off the hydrocodone FASTER than his planned taper. So, in his cancelling me as a patient, I also lost all access to the darvocet and Soma that I took.

I am tapering myself from the soma...I know that one is addicting too, with seizure possibilities involved in withdrawal. I had a partial month left in my script when I was dumped by the doctor.

It's really just as well, because I have wanted to be off ALL this addicting crap for a long time.

I just hope the darvocet withdrawal isn't too bad. I am kinda scared....this time I have to go through it and still work, while I was able to take 3 weeks off from work when I stopped the hydro. The pain management doctor told me that it would be very easy and he felt there would be minimal discomfort. I dunno...Maybe I am just psyching myself, but with just 12 hours under my belt, I kinda feel the beginning pangs of withdrawals...some chills and anxiety.

I DID get my big promotion at work I had mentioned was in the works, so I cannot blow this and take more time off of work to get myself through another withdrawal. This one I just tough out.

I will write more tonight when I get home from work

Lou

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-05-2007, 06:49 AM   #2
    TJinPA
    (male)

TJinPA HB User
    Re: My Final Withdrawal Begins...

Coder - I want you to know that the w/d from darvocet is not any where near as bad as the hydros. I was on darvocet for 3 years and I remember running out and that night was the best night of sleep I had in a long time. Don't let your mind physic you out buddy. If you did not know about the hydro w/d you probably would not really notice the darvocet. Why did you doc kick you out? These docs are such 2 edged swoards. TJ

Old 04-05-2007, 08:45 AM   #3
    JCS
    (male)

JCS HB User

Lou..............you are doing GREAT..........don"t worry about the darvocet they are nothing compared to what you have already done ...........stop the soma's too

deleted

if you can't sleep try tylenol PM they might help.......just don't take more then they say to..........you are on the home strech of this BS so keep your head up and run as fast as you can

Last edited by Administrator; 07-26-2007 at 03:07 PM.

Old 04-05-2007, 09:17 PM   #4
    Podee
    Veteran
    (male)

Podee HB User

Good luck. Please be mindful of the darvocets - they are just another opiate.

Old 04-06-2007, 08:26 AM   #5
    coder
    Inactive
    (male)

coder HB User

Hi everyone,

Well, I am still on day ONE of my withdrawal from the darvocet, because last night I found 2 in the house and took them. TJ, darvocet may have been easy for you to come off of, and I am sure it will be easier than the hydro, but I felt pretty bad yesterday at work....bad enough to come home and hunt around to try and find a pill to stop the bad feeling. Now I am not a dummy..I know that just prolongs the inevitable.
    In any case, I am right now sitting at 17 hours since my last pill. I slept ok, not great...I kept waking up with really weird dreams pertaining to the drugs. (Is that odd?? Has anyone else actually had drug dreams while detoxing?)
    Physically I feel a little shaky, but not too bad. My big fear is going to work this afternoon. I manage a department store and work is a large stress trigger for me. There were many times I would find myself taking a hydro or darvocet to overcome work-related stress. Now I face the drama alone and that scares me. I know that some (a lot??) of this withdrawal / detox is psychological and my mind can control to a great deal what I feel physically. I am trying very hard to force myself to be positive that I can make this at work and get through the evening just fine.

Thankfully, the pain doctor DID give me a script for some klonopin which will be a big help if the stress starts gaining the upper hand.

TJ, you asked why I have been kicked out of my pain management program. Well, I was the one who went to him 6 weeks ago and stated that I thought I was addicted to all the narcotics he had me on and that I wanted to get off the drugs. He said I was not addicted, just had developed physical dependency..a big difference (according to him). In any case, at my insistence to get off the drugs, he worked up a taper plan to first ween off the hydro over a 5 week period. When I went back to see him on the next follow-up appointment in 4 weeks, I brought in my still full (all 120 pills) hydro script bottle to show him that I had been able to get myself completely off the hydro, just using the darvocet to ward off the withdrawals. I thought he would be proud of me for getting off the pills without the need to take a single one in a taper. Instead, he was furious with me, told me I was a self-medicating drug addict (big turn-around from what he said about me just 4 weeks earlier) and needed to see a psychiatrist. He took my bottle of hydros and flushed them down the toilet and told me to leave, that I was no longer welcome in the clinic. Needless to say, I was stunned. But I guess things happen for a reason. I will get a different doctor to perform the work that is still needed to be completed on my spine. Maybe a new doctor will have new insight into my condition and have some new suggestions.

Lou

Old 04-06-2007, 08:54 AM   #6
    TJinPA
    (male)

TJinPA HB User

Wow what a story, these docs think they are gods or something. I think any rational person would have agreed with you that you were doing the right thing and not self medicating, quite the opposite. Geez sorry to hear that. What right did he have to flush your hydros any way? I hope you send him a bill for them.

Old 04-06-2007, 02:39 PM   #7
    NawtyNellz
    (female)

NawtyNellz HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by coder View Post
    Sorry I have not posted lately on here. I have been dealing with the final emotional stages of the hydro withdrawal. My last one of those monsters was on Feb 28 and the depression was by far the most debilitating withdrawal sensation. I had a clonidine patch and also continued some darvocet during the withdrawal which also helped greatly diminish the physical sie of the withdrawal.

Well, the time has come for the darvocet withdrawal. I ran out yesterday and it has been about 12 hours since my last pill. Remember, my pain management doctor tossed me out on my arse for getting myself off the hydrocodone FASTER than his planned taper. So, in his cancelling me as a patient, I also lost all access to the darvocet and Soma that I took.

I am tapering myself from the soma...I know that one is addicting too, with seizure possibilities involved in withdrawal. I had a partial month left in my script when I was dumped by the doctor.

It's really just as well, because I have wanted to be off ALL this addicting crap for a long time.

I just hope the darvocet withdrawal isn't too bad. I am kinda scared....this time I have to go through it and still work, while I was able to take 3 weeks off from work when I stopped the hydro. The pain management doctor told me that it would be very easy and he felt there would be minimal discomfort. I dunno...Maybe I am just psyching myself, but with just 12 hours under my belt, I kinda feel the beginning pangs of withdrawals...some chills and anxiety.

I DID get my big promotion at work I had mentioned was in the works, so I cannot blow this and take more time off of work to get myself through another withdrawal. This one I just tough out.

I will write more tonight when I get home from work

Lou

Old 04-06-2007, 02:51 PM   #8
    NawtyNellz
    (female)

NawtyNellz HB User

Lou I find it very difficult to believe that a Dr. would take your meds and flush them down the toilet....did you follow him into another room and witness the flushing, since there are no toilets in an exam room. Darvocet, lortab, codeine,they are all the same. and 90% of all the crap is in our heads. I layed in bed feeling sorry for myself feeling horrible...whooos me, but the minuite i found my script was ready and waiting for me..i shot up like a bat out of hell and was feeling pretty darn good before I took anything. I know for fact that the only way pain management Dr.s only kick people out of their offices if they feel the person is abusing their meds. theres always exceptions. What he did was completely un ethical and you should have reported him. But i have a suspicion why you didn't. Please do not take the soma I have found that it makes withdrawls more diffiult especially in the mornings. I found something great for sleep. It's called Midnight....its an herbal supplement that actually works. I take it along with tylenol pm and if you wake up in the middle of the night pop a few more of those an you will sleep. I am very skeptical on herbal stuff, but it really works. I hear so many people talk about otc drugs like sleep meds and benedryl...they are all helpful. I dont know how you feel about this, but I would rather be addicted to tylenol pm or nyquil or any otc drugs than narcotics...good luck my friend...I really do feel your pain.........I really do. Peace!

Old 04-06-2007, 09:10 PM   #9
    coder
    Inactive
    (male)

coder HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by NawtyNellz View Post
    What he did was completely un ethical and you should have reported him. But i have a suspicion why you didn't.
    Please clarify this statement. I perceive the insinuation that you think I was lying about something. If so, that is your opinion. As far as flushing the pills down the toilet, the nurse came in the examining room, took the bottle of hydros and said the doctor wanted them flushed. I did not physically stop her, because I did not want them anyway! I had just gotten myself off the crap, why would I want a bottle of temptation hanging around the house?

And as for reporting this physician...oh trust me, I have already initiated a formal complaint against him with the parent company he works under. I have told them that I am refusing to pay the physician's bill for the last 3 visits which were the ones pertaining to this taper disaster. I was told my formal complaint against this doctor will be responded to within 2 weeks. In my complaint I filed, I stressed how this doctor left me completely stranded refusing to refill my prescription of Soma, another highly addictive drug that can cause seizures if abruptly stopped. I am forced to induce my own taper with my remaining pills of the Soma and hope for the best.

As for how I am feeling, I can honestly say I am not doing too bad. I am now at the 29 hour point completely opiate-free. I had a few moments through the evening where I found myslelf craving a pill, but it soon passed. I do have a listless, un-energetic overall feeling of malaise. I am taking all the herbal supplements recommended in the Home Detox Remedy at the top of this forum. So, overall, as I enter into day 2, I feel ok. I think I will be able to sleep. I know the typical worst days 3 & 4 are still ahead of me...but I am determined to be strong. I have come too far to falter now....

--Lou

Old 04-10-2007, 06:17 AM   #10
    reachout
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

reachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB User

Hi Lou!

I don't know how in the world I could have missed this thread! Chalk it up to my being hyper during this Xanax taper and just doing everything too fast. Chuckles. Anyway, I have been so hoping to see an update from you.

Wow... you are doing just a wonderful job here. Yes, I realize you are in withdrawal and still, I see such great things in attitude and committment.

I have to agree with you about the darvocet withdrawal.... it may be in comparison easier than some other withdrawals, but certainly no cake walk. No sirree, Bob, no cakewalk. One thing I am learning is that there is never a time to forget all we have learned in our previous tapers. By that, I mean that as I taper from Xanax now after finishing the oxycodone taper (and boy! are they different tapers), I can not let myself think that accomplishing the first taper has left me so strong that I do not have to be ultra cautious in this taper. Still have to abide by all the rules. Yeah, yeah, I know... I am mother-henning here. Smiles.

GREAT news about the job promotion. What an inspiration to all who feel that there is no hope in not only getting off the drugs, but also in not finding an even better life afterwards.

Lou, please know how happy I am for you. Keep following your path with strength, courage and hope. I did post to you a couple of days ago, but it must have been on an earlier thread. Duh! on me. Chuckles.

Stay strong and please keep us all informed.

hugs
    reach

Old 04-10-2007, 07:27 AM   #11
    TJinPA
    (male)

TJinPA HB User

Hey Lou - Glad to hear things are going well for you and that you reported that creep of a Dr. I thnk in a past post I recommended you send him a bill for the pills but reporting what he did and the way he did it is a better way to go. My prayers are with you my annonimous friend TJ

Old 04-11-2007, 06:12 PM   #12
    NawtyNellz
    (female)

NawtyNellz HB User

Hi Lou,

Yes in a way I guess I was implying that you were not being totally truthful, because I know how very difficult it is to get the boot from a pain management or any doctor, so I did have suspicion there's more to your story, but that's really not my place to question anyone's situation. This is a forum for people to express their feelings and experiences and for others to listen,relate, learn, and hopefully thrive so I do apologize....it was inappropriate for me to do that.

As far as soma....it is non-narcotic and their is no evidence of it being addictive. I have taken it for years and I did have to have it at night to sleep, but when I didn't have it I never had any kind of withdrawals. I don't think I can get it trouble for saying you can purchase it online legally...because it is not classified as a narcotic so you can buy it online....it has a DEA #on it...so it's totally legal.

I don't know how your doing now, but I hope your getting past the yuck stage and as I said before .....been there, and I totally understand everything you are going through. I think the best thing I ever read out here is to trick yourself into thinking your having a case of the flu. Only problem, because everyone is different.......it took me 21 days for my "flu" to pass. I hope it's a much shorter journey for you my dear. I will be thinking about you and wishing you the best on getting clean.

Take care my friend, and good luck.

Veronica.............

Old 04-12-2007, 06:22 AM   #13
    tryinghardmom
    (female)

tryinghardmom HB User

Wow.....I would be willing to put BIG bucks down, betting that that PM doc is using. To tell a patient who has the courage to admit that he/she feels like he's addicted 'Oh no, you're just physically dependent' might be a red flag that he's got a little stake in the claim as well. I imagaine that he saw an opportunity for 120 hydros and wigged out on you. So sorry that it felt like 'getting in trouble' on your end, because you did a brave and strong thing but not touching the hydros.

Closed Thread