It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

• Why are they so good?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-06-2007, 06:25 PM   #1
    ILiveForMyKIDS
    (male)

ILiveForMyKIDS HB User
    Why are they so good?

I know it's bad, but I just can't resist. They are way to good, make me feel so happy, smiley, and just at peace. Vicodin are little pills from the heavens.

I wish I didn't have to think this way, that life could be just fine, but they make me so happy? Even opening the bottle and smelling them gives me the chills! Any advice?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-06-2007, 07:12 PM   #2
    mys_star
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

mys_star HB User
    Re: Why are they so good?

You're right on target,,,Vicodin really does make you feel soooo good mentally. I take them for a herniated disc and my prescription is only one every six hours! It has gotten to the point where one pill don't even phase me anymore....but I am careful not to take more even though sometimes I am tempted to! I know if I cross the line, I would be hooked in no time! If you are struggling to not take them so often, you are probably already hooked! Lots of people on this board go cold turkey stopping hydros, but I would not advise this because I went a week one time and could not afford to get my prescription filled and I had really bad chills and stomach pains! It was awful! I have been on hydrocodone for almost 3 years now and I know what it's like to feel the withdrawals! How long have you been on these and how many are you supposed to take a day?

Old 04-06-2007, 07:24 PM   #3
    ILiveForMyKIDS
    (male)

ILiveForMyKIDS HB User

I'm not supposed to take any, that's the whole problem. I have anxiety, and seems to help so much, I'm almost surpised they don't use them for anxiety. I don't take them too much. the 10/500's I just really like how good they clear my mind and wish there was a better way to do it. Im on xanax, prozac, and lamictal legitamitly, they help. but the vicodin really help

Old 04-06-2007, 07:35 PM   #4
    mys_star
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

mys_star HB User

the Xanax is supposed to help with anxiety, but I agree with you that the hydros relax you so much. They actually don't do much for the pain anymore because I have been taking them so long, but they keep me focused and give me this feeling of "I can do anything" and I love that feeling! I think hydrocodone is probably the hardest drug to get off of because they do make you feel so good. I have taken Percocet in the past for a kidney stone and I never even finished that prescription because they just made me groggy and nauseated. But the hydros are different.

Old 04-06-2007, 08:15 PM   #5
    scotty1259
    (female)

scotty1259 HB User
    Smile Re: Why are they so good?

i was just speaking to my therapist about this...it is not the Buzz, because with real pain you do not feel it at all after a while...but i feel like doing stuff. but then again, before i started to take them i felt like doing stuff...it is when you STOP taking them it is hard to put one foot in front of the other...the thought of not taking them fills you with dread....this scares me...i will taper off like i did last year...i will get back to feeling good without them...your seratonin levels are messed up and your brain is no longer producing endorphins on their own. it does kick back in...it takes a while...i gave up sugar and cigarettes and coffee all at the same time too....i almost went crazy...this time i am doing it with my therapist. i drink one 1/2 caff in the morning. i still don't smoke and i consume sugar and am acned out like a 13 year old! the sugar flares up my fibromyalgia and i have to take pain meds so i can function...the hydro makes me crave sugar....if i don't take a pill, i don't even want to eat. i was always thin. since i have been taking these things? i am close to 200 lbs! i need to stop...again. i can do it...just taper off and find something different for your pain...that good feeling is an illusion...you have your own good feeling inside you ready to come out. now do not stop taking your other meds tho...the hydro you can live without!
    scotty

Old 04-07-2007, 10:43 AM   #6
    ILiveForMyKIDS
    (male)

ILiveForMyKIDS HB User

Thank you for the insight. It is much appreicated. I'm kind of without words, sorry.

Old 04-07-2007, 10:46 AM   #7
    ILiveForMyKIDS
    (male)

ILiveForMyKIDS HB User

Thank you for the support. Perhaps I should talk with my therapist as well. I appreciate the info.

Closed Thread