It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

• Extreme hunger after withdrawls?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-27-2007, 01:17 PM   #1
    dtalon
    (male)

dtalon HB User
    Extreme hunger after withdrawls?

My withdrawls are pretty much over except for it's hard to sleep at night and a little anxiety during the day. I stopped using suboxone 5 days ago. I tapered down to just literally licking the pill at night. I've been using a little bit of klonipin for anxiety but stopped that two days ago. I also just started using ambien at night to get some sleep. I couldn't take it any more not being able to sleep at night what so ever. It's been 15 days since i've used any oxy and I feel pretty good. I used 1 to 2 80's a day when i was using. I feel pretty good in the way that i'm not withdrawling any more, but I have this extreme hunger. No matter how much I eat, I never get full and it doesn't give me much energy. I have this extreme lethargy, unlike the kind you get from withdrawls but from not eating for a long time. I have a wierd like tired feeling behind my eyes also even if i get a good night's sleep. I've been through withdrawls before and never experienced this. It's just like no matter what I eat, it doesn't make me full. I actually went to the hospitol last night because it was so bad. I thought maybe something else was wrong with me but they found nothing out of the ordinary with my blood tests. If any one else has expirienced this, please let me know. It would put my mind to rest that it's just withdrawls and not something else. Thanks!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-28-2007, 05:41 AM   #2
    jessy28
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

jessy28 HB Userjessy28 HB Userjessy28 HB Userjessy28 HB Userjessy28 HB Userjessy28 HB User
    Re: Extreme hunger after withdrawls?

I came off methadone and ate a ton for a while. I think it was my body telling me it needed that to recover. It gets better slowly and your hunger will curve eventually. Good luck. I gained a ton of wieght but did not care just because I finally was free of that monkey and my life got so much better. I lost the wieght when the time was right.

Old 04-28-2007, 09:07 AM   #3
    dtalon
    (male)

dtalon HB User

How long did that last for you. I'm eating like hundreds of dollars of food a week. Also if I do eat enough and i feel full my whole spine tenses up and it's hard to do anything. Really wierd huh? It's like my blood sugar just gets too high or something. All I know, is I hope I start to return to normal soon. I had no idea this was gonna last this long.

Old 04-28-2007, 03:36 PM   #4
    Podee
    Veteran
    (male)

Podee HB User

William S. Burroughs called this "the chucks" - a desire to eat everything in sight after the withdrawal is over.

This probably has as much to do with the general malnourished state of most heroin addicts (why waste any money on food?) as anything. The body is just trying to regain weight after an extended period of appetite suppression.

Closed Thread