HealthBoards

HealthBoards (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   Addiction & Recovery (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/addiction-recovery/)
-   -   help me to detox please (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/addiction-recovery/499790-help-me-detox-please.html)

randy6802 05-22-2007 12:10 PM

Re: help me to detox please

Shellie, you have taken a big first step asking for help! I ca n really understand your pain pill addiction as i had one very close to yours. Mine started when i was 13 years old and they found tumors in my right leg, they put me on percodan, after taken off my leg i got addicted to morphine, percocet, valium, seconal and booze. This is my 4 th try at getting sober! I have 3 great kids and a wife and a job! I am coming off a bender of fentonyl 150 mg, oxicontin and percocet. I went ct and am now sober 4 months. The first step is huge! If you can find a Dr who knows about addiction medicene and start going off asap. It is not a good idea with the drugs you have been taken to go ct, this is only my thought! i wish you the very best and will follow your road. Love Randy, Call 908-362-6114 Little Hill Alina Lodge, They can refer you to a Clinic in Fresno

kadee 05-22-2007 12:27 PM

You are not a failure in God's eyes, he/she loves you, as do your children and mother. Shelley you have so much to handle on your own with pain management, I would strongly recommend getting some help in the taper process. Your mother and children will thank you in the long run. Right now it doesn't seem like they will,because you are full of fear, but down the road they will thank you for getting help because you will be a 100% mother, as I learned from my own experience. The odds are difficult and not in your favor for doing it alone. Reach out and grab onto a hand that will help you out of your despair pit and the on-going pain.

hugs
kadee

zeroman 05-22-2007 07:46 PM

Shelly, dont worry about failing. most folks dont make it the 1st (or 2nd or 3rd even) time around. just forget about it and try again.

medguy is right, youre heading towards the cliff. if you dont slow with that huge bag of drugs you could be in deep trouble sooner than you think. start tapering now.

if you cant stop at least slow down. take only what youre supposed to take. you might think your friends and hubby are helping you by giving you their drugs but theyre not.

try a taper: drop your intake by 5% each week, thats a fairly standard taper and you shouldnt feel too much wds if any.

penny44 05-23-2007 07:24 AM

Just wondering why everyone on this board, who has legitimate pain, wants to stop taking pain medicine? I don't understand! Can someone please help me to understand this??? Thanks...

shelley7491 05-23-2007 09:57 AM

I want to stop because I am taking way more than 10 people should take my goal is to stop so I can take the right amount of something and it will work Ive been taking so much for so long I dont know if any of it is working because I am still in severe pain.Pain that makes me not want to live so I hope if I stop for a bit and get it out of my body that we can find something that will help me not to be in such pain. And I want to know what it feels like to have a clear head I cant remember what its like to not be loaded and I really want to live and I think I might die if I keep on like I have been and I WANT TO LIVE

kadee 05-23-2007 10:07 AM

Doctors give us way too much candy, our bodies don't require all of it. We can get by on just some of it, and other people can get by on none of it. It is a personal choice, no-one is butting heads. To each his own. To thine own self be true.

IZZY'SMOM 05-23-2007 09:14 PM

Hi Penny,
Here is my point i guess...
How about if you had to plan every get away when your pill refill is due? what if you ran out too soon, and you were so sick from not having your meds...[yes it happens all of the time] that you couldnt get out of bed to take your kid to school or better yet, go to work and make it thru the morning...
What if you had to travel 8 hours one way lying flat in a car and then get to the doc and sit and wait for 2 to 3 hrs, and maybe have your doc only have 1/2 hour for you, and then tell you thsat he may be cutting your meds down because of the laws and DEA regulations even though you havent done anything but adhere to his EVERY direction. I have a great doc but there are those who have to fight for every pill, every voice and every right to "TRY" to be normal. Plus if you read the threads about ppl and FAMILY who are not educated nor want to be about pain magment, well its pretty much a sad situation. its a double edged sword...
If you have someone in pain magmnt that you know..ask them~ plus you stated "everyone on this board"...IM on this board, and Im VERY happy with my pain managent..I have ppl that know and love me that understand why I have pain meds in my life...for some others, they have had to make a choice...and like i said...Im very lucky to be at a good place with my meds and the doc i have. Some others dont have it so good, and I pray that they can find some relief. I could have a doc that retires, or something happens as well, and i could be right here with them! hope i didnt offend you, just trying to lv another point..
xoxoxoxo'
IZZY'SMOM:wave: