It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

• valium,alcohol,or both?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-18-2007, 11:51 PM   #16
    shay4bliss
    (female)

shay4bliss HB User
    Re: valium,alcohol,or both?

Hey tabby,

I take Celexa...well...I did.....It works great! Quit taking it when I starting abusing the hydro so bad, then went to meth, and now fentenyl...scared to mix..I've taken lexapro too and I like the celexa alot better! It addresses anxiety. It will make you real tired like that at first and sometimes a little dizzy or loopy feeling, but it goes away pretty fast...It will only do that for maybe a week if I remember right.

I think it will help you out alot. Kinda weird that your doc never had experience with someone coming off valium...is he/she young?I had a really young doctor ask me if I wanted xanax once RIGHT after telling him I was an alcoholic with 90days sober (at the time).....I was really strong at that particular moment and said " are you crazy offering xanax (or any benzo) to an alcoholic?" He was an intern or maybe in his first year of residency...HaHa...I'm afraid, now, that I'd gladly take him up on it!

Well I'm proud of you though for saying something to him...shows at least you're trying! That celexa may help with the drinking thing too. Keep up the good work...I mean really THINK about it before you do. In AA and other programs...even doctors...they will tell you if you want a drink to wait 5 minutes (I had a doc actually quote 7 min)...the craving may just stop. We tend to react on that first impulse with out thinking or waiting and it does make a difference alot of the time!

HUGS!
    Shay

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-19-2007, 04:10 AM   #17
    tabby99
    (female)

tabby99 HB User

Hi Shay, Yes the Dr. is young. He's in his 30's. To be honest most of the people that go see him, go for painkillers or benzo's. He's use to people wanting more not wanting off.
    He don't take insurance and I have great insurance. I only went to him because he was the only Dr. that i knew that would give me the valium. I call him a legal drug dealer all
    the time to my husband.

You know lastnight I was reading on the forum and I just started crying. The reason I was crying was because I felt like I saying goodbye to old friends, alcohol and valium. That might not make sense to alot you, but it actually hurt. I know that alcohol and the valium are my worst enemies but it didn't change how I felt.

I know how to quit the alcohol, but staying sober will be the hard part. I know this because i've done it over and over. The valium, i'm lost. I have 10mg pills and I don't how to make a 2mg cut on them. I can cut them in 4 pieces and take one piece out,which would a 2.5 cut. I guess i'll try that and see how it works.

I'm kind of down this morning. I hope the day gets better. If any of you have anything to say to help me, chime right in.
    I hope all of you the best
    Tabby.

Old 06-19-2007, 05:12 AM   #18
    shay4bliss
    (female)

shay4bliss HB User

Hey Tabby,

I'm sorry you feel rotten. But you know, I understand. I know exactly what you mean by crying and saying goodbye to old friends. The first few times I quit drinking I was the same way.
    It was because I really didn't want to quit...I wanted to be able do drink like everybody else. I wanted to be able to have a few with my friends at the bar and just go home and not do it again until a week or so like other people. That's where the acceptance part comes in.
    I had to accept the fact that I just can't. It took beating my head against the wall alot of times though to get there. I couldn't just have one. I didn't act the same as others when I drank. I didn't know when to stop. AND it was ruining my life totally.....I was powerless. This was way bigger than I was.

No one likes to admit they're differrent. No one likes to admit they're powerless, they can't control something. But when your life goes down the drain, you finally get it I guess.

Anyway, I really think you are gonna need help with this. From a 12step or something. I mean it realy does help. Maybe odd at first, but it gets good real quick.

The valium w/d's you can basically count on the same kinda w/d's as alcohol. They really are so similar. And of course, you know, that any drug is the same as far as the 'staying sober' thing goes....

You can do this, you really can....You have to find other things that are good for you to replace the drugs...It's not easy work, but it's doable!
    Really got to gear up your mind though.
    I'm praying for you and hoping you get some strength. At least you are thinking about it...that really does count for something...just don't think too long...ya know?
    HUGS
    Shay

Old 06-20-2007, 04:05 AM   #19
    tabby99
    (female)

tabby99 HB User

I made it through the night and actually slept really well. I did end up drinking 6 but I stopped. This morning I've took the celexa and haven't took any valium yet. I'll wait until I really need them then take 1/2 and if that don't work i'll take another 1/2. I think they are interacting with the celexa, making them more potent or something.

My husband called lastnight and told me he gets to cut the meeting short and will be home today. I will discuss going to counseling and aa with him when he gets here.
    I dread going so bad. I know that I have too. I guess the reason I dread alot of these things is because I did see a counseler one time when I was pregnant. I was so sick (depression). The advice I got was to get an abortion, so I never went back. Talk about a lousey experience with counseling.

I wish you all very good day,
    Tabby.

Closed Thread