It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

• Anyone recover from ecstacy use?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-19-2007, 12:12 PM   #1
    DrewH
    (male)

DrewH HB User
    Anyone recover from ecstacy use?

Hello everyone --

I'm new to this board and thought i'd share my story.. i'll keep it as short as possible though.

I'm a 27 year old male, back when I was 21 years old, I got into the rave scene and used ecstacy for about an 11 month period.... by no means was it an addiction, I would use it either once a weekend or once every other weekend. I guess if i had to estimate how many pills i'd injested in that 11 month period, it'd be around 80.

Right after i stopped using it and took on a healthier lifestyle of healthy eating, exercise, no drugs or alcohol ( and i still do this now! ), my body went into a constant state of feeling very anxious and "keyed up".

I'm not actually worried about anything, i love my job, my friends and family, and my long term relationship with my gf..... but my body always seems to be right on the edge...
    If i watch a movie that's exciting, my heart just pounds and my palms sweat... if i go on a rollercoaster... it takes 2 hours before my body even decides to calm down afterwards.... you get the idea.

So for the last 6 years, i've been living with all the anxious symptoms... the sweating for no reason, light headedness, clouded thinking, tight throat...

and yet i'm not sure how to get rid of this and feel "normal" again?

My Dr ran all tests and said i'm in great health... he tried putting me on Effexor and it just made me feel worse.

Anyone else share this similar story, and had sucess feeling better again?
    I've learned to sort of cope with feeling this way, but i'd LOVE to feel myself again and i believe where there's a will, there's a way!

Thanks so much in advance!!

Drew

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-22-2007, 05:24 AM   #2
    goodintention
    (female)

goodintention HB User
    Re: Anyone recover from ecstacy use?

I doubt your anxiety is connected to a year of ectascy use. But i could be wrong.

Old 08-22-2007, 05:44 AM   #3
    Xant
    Inactive
    (female)

Xant HB User
    Re: Anyone recover from ecstacy use?

Long term side effects of MDMA abuse include the following:

Confusion
    Depression
    Sleep problems
    Drug craving
    Severe anxiety
    Paranoia
    Possible depletion of serotonin and memory.

MDMA damages the seratonin receptors in the brain, this damage is permanent. As seratonin has to do with mood etc , it is possible that your anxiety could be releated.

Closed Thread