It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

• crank/ice /meth Please help!!!!!!!!!!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-25-2007, 04:37 PM   #1
    meemee2
    (female)

meemee2 HB User
    Angry crank/ice /meth Please help!!!!!!!!!!

:Whatever you want to call it, I guess everyone that knows anything about it, must be running around acting crazy.they surely are not able to sit still long enough to reply,and anyone involved in that persons life is probably under such stress,they cant even take the time for themselves to get educated on this horrible addiction. Its so sad, its all around us..Im spinning my wheels here,were not teenagers, im talking about middle aged people....
    Please if you have any experience with this killer,(HOW TO get off of it)
    any suggestions at all....PLease,Ive already buried 2 loved ones,and im watching this one slowly giving up!!!!!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-25-2007, 04:49 PM   #2
    skych
    Inactive
    (female)

skych HB Userskych HB User
    Re: crank/ice /meth Please help!!!!!!!!!!

MeeMee,

I think that I responded once to another post that you made. Now refresh my memory a bit....

Are you the one that is using that awful stuff or it is friends or family members??

I would suggest that whoever it is check into a treatment center in order to detox from the stuff. I have done it 2 times and the first time was about 7 years ago and it was pretty mild.

The last time was about 3 years ago and I really need to be in a controlled medical environment. That drug is so lethal and you just don't know what everyone is using to make it these days.

I do not think I could have done it with out being in a treatment center!!

Who ever is using really has to want to quit and change their life or it will not work.

No one else can do it for another. We can not fix our addicted friends or family members. It has to be the addict that takes the action to do it.

I hope that this has helped you. You sound very desperate and scared in your posts.

To maintain my clean time and sobriety I am very involved in 12 step recovery and go to many meetings. I work with others on the 12 steps and I live a spiritual path of life. That is the only thing I have found to work for me.

Like I said I hope that this has helped you some....Chrissy

Old 08-25-2007, 04:57 PM   #3
    Vampy_Chick
    (female)

Vampy_Chick HB User

* For The Grace of God, There Goes I *

Hi MeeMee,
    I'm a recovered/ing Addict. I've used Meth in the past and it is nasty and I beleive ICE to be worse from what I've heard/read. It is a problem and yep getting worse.

Everyones milage is different, for me it came with a decision that I wanted to gain back control in my life. I was loosing everything very rapidly (material possesions) it was scarey how much it changed me, how much I cared little for the things that use to really matter. Quiet frankly, I was sick of having my emotions 'numbed' -- very much like Pink Floyd's comfortably numb. I started by being honest with myself and admitted that life was spinning out of control and I was loosing control with it......I admitted I was Addicted.

Then I totally removed myself from the influences and the tempation and just stuck it out, the WD that is, I remember sleeping alot during that time. Everytime I had a craving or my body hurt, I just took a look at my Son and reminded myself that it's for him.

For me giving up cold turkey was a far easier option as the WD's were over and down with quickly and then I just had to remain strong and for the last 5 years I managed to remain completely clean.

- - ask as many questions as you wish, I am happy to answer them for you --

Old 08-26-2007, 03:56 AM   #4
    meemee2
    (female)

meemee2 HB User

Thanks so much for responding,i feel like im gonna lose it sometimes.Im almost speechless. Thats unusual!!!!My husband was doing it for 2 years, before i knew what had been going on.
    We were building a new house,so there was a flow of people coming and going.Now iknow they were his fiends not his friends!!!! There has been so many lies,so many rages.(all i have is horrible memories of this house and all it represents to me..Its on the same property that we live on..
    I dont know if he really is staying clean,or just hiding it better.He is a proffessional liar now about everything..
    He will still clech his jaw cotinously on certain days,but it says its just a habit!!! What do you think??? I feel in my heart,hes still using only alot less, uusually early morning,and by early afternoon ,as soon as we get home from work hes asleep for the night.He gets up in the middle of the night and thats the routine...
    It had gotten so bad for him,he admitted he was seeing demons in our house,

Old 08-26-2007, 04:08 AM   #5
    meemee2
    (female)

meemee2 HB User

Its not me,Its my husband..more later,im gonna talk to him, right now.

Old 08-26-2007, 04:26 AM   #6
    MerelyMe
    (female)

MerelyMe HB User

Meemee,

Demons in the house?...yeesh, not good.

I did meth for 3 years straight, in my very early 20's, by the grace of god, I never got addicted, when it was there, I did it, when it was gone, I didn't. No withdrawals no cravings, I was young, there were other things in my life to occupy my mind I suppose??

I have a child living here with me right this minute, she is 17, her Mom was just sent to prison last week for a year, for meth, she herself went through rehab at 15 and has fought to stay clean ever since, she came here last week and asked to stay, it was the day her Mom went to prison, I was used to her showing up on my door step when things got bad, so I of course said yes, I took her to get her clothes and there was her Daddy, cooking meth...COOKING, in her house...
    I sent her to get ALL of her clothes, and her Daddy asked me.."how much are you going to pay me to keep her"....ermmm NOT a good idea, I may suck at taking care of myself, but not MY kids...so I asked him.."how much are YOU going to pay me not to beat you to death right here in front of all of your friends?"
    I relay this story, to let you know, I have seen that drug rage, been there done that...and it wasn't 4 hours later, the same man was calling my house non stop because there were "wild looking mean kitten things" all over his yard, trying to get into his house.

All I can suggest, is snoop around, look for small baggies or the corners torn off of sandwich bags, look for straws or broken pens with no insides, look for long strips of tin foil folded up as long as a ruler and burned on one side, look for syringes or the orange caps from syringes.
    Look for sores on his face or arms, the drug makes one feel like they have something crawling on them, once they have been up for so long and they will pick and scratch sores on their faces and arms usually.

Also, you didn't mention when he claimed to stop, but this drug is a MAJOR stimulant and when you stop, you become exaggeratedly lethargic, NO energy, so the lack of energy makes people very crabby as well as the cravings for some are horrible and if he is going to bed early, he may be waking up in the middle of the night due to only needing so many hours of sleep???...depends on what his normal sleeping patterns are, if he usually only needs 6 hours and he goes to bed at 8pm, he's going to be wide awake by 2am.

It's hard, when your trying to quit and when you've lied while doing it, people who love you try and help and they worry to death, but each time they look at you, you can SEE the suspicion, if he has stopped and your asking him every time he wakes up at 2am or isn't hungry for dinner, if he is using again?...can you see what I'm saying?

Give him the benefit of the doubt, until he proves you wrong or you snoop and find something that tells you for certain that there is a problem that needs to be addressed.

Still
    Me

Old 08-26-2007, 03:37 PM   #7
    meemee2
    (female)

meemee2 HB User

thank-you so much for your insight,He claims to have been clean for a month.Before that he would work through the cycle;up for a couple of days,crash for three.I have found the drug actually three times,and yes the pens and straws...The fiends dont come around anymore,most are admitted crack addicts,ive had my life threatened before.If one of them goes to jail,they automatically think ive turned them in..This has truly turned our life upside down...Can alot of his actions truly be a habit now! He still acts like hes on it sometimes,and it breaks my heart..It truly has changed his personality..I wander if he is clean,will the joy of just living ever come back..
    Thank you again,and good luck to you.
    You truly are that 17 year olds only light,you probably are saving her life.
    This world needs more people like you!!!

Old 08-27-2007, 07:01 AM   #8
    skych
    Inactive
    (female)

Hello again Meemee,

I am sorry that you are dealing with this stuff it is so very hard.

I can not say for sure if your hubby is still using but it has been my experience that some folks have a hard time after getting clean leaving behind the funny facial ticks and quirky movements that meth and ice cause. Sometimes they never seem to loose it completly just seems to be less noticable.

As far as the behaviors and attitudes it has also been my experience that these things do not change unless the individual is really working hard to change them. It can not happen over night it takes time.

If I may make a suggestion here I guess that it would be to really try and practice taking care of yourself in this situation. The trust has been broken and unfortuanatly it is hard to get it back. This to takes time. In the meantime the think to do is learn how to take care of yourself and be assertive without being a jerk...something that is still hard for me and I need to continually practice.
    Hang in there and be aware of the things going on as you already seem to be. Yes look for the signs and try to be open to the fact that he can change and he has to do it on his own. In the meantime you do not have to put up with the stuff that makes you uncomfortable. Try talking about that stuff if it is at all possible if not then you may have to seek other drastic measures to ensure your security and safety.

Wishing you the best...Chrissy

Old 08-28-2007, 03:18 PM   #9
    meemee2
    (female)

meemee2 HB User

Chrissy,
    Thank-you,for sharing your Knowledge,on the continuance of tics.
    I still want know for sure,but,atleast i know i have a 50/50 chance,it could actually be a habit, not the habit!!!Thanks again girl, I'll definately sleep better.Even though today was the worse yet.(jaw clenching)

Old 08-29-2007, 07:19 AM   #10
    skych
    Inactive
    (female)

MeeMee,

You are very welcome!!!

Remember to take care of you...

Hang in there...Chrissy

Closed Thread