It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

• Suboxone WD

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-20-2007, 09:56 AM   #1
    mlfoley
    (male)

mlfoley HB User
    Suboxone WD

Hi,
    Just found this site. I'm a Morphine addict of 17 years and In July started on 8/2 Suboxone 3 tabs ,three times per day. I've been through WD from Morphine many times before. If fact 26 times cold turkey and 6 times with the help of a DR.

I've tapered the Suboxone down and quit taking it last Saturday 9/15. I thought the idea of this drug was an easier WD and would take about 11 days. So far that hasn't been the case. The WD is following the typical pattern of any other WD I've been through so what good is it? I might as well have skipped the expence and just gone cold turkey again. From what I read from the other postings most people are just substituting Suboxone addiction for their drug of choice. In fact I haven't found a posting yet of a sucessful WD using Suboxone. Any comment for a sick junkie or will this WD get easier and work. All I can write for now, I'm too sick.

mlfoley

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-20-2007, 11:55 AM   #2
    lisaboston
    (female)

lisaboston HB User
    Re: Suboxone WD

I just want to say good luck and I will be pulling for you!

Old 09-20-2007, 04:15 PM   #3
    oh-notagain
    Veteran
    (female)

oh-notagain HB User

what mg were you taking when you jumped? i have heard that clonodine helps with the wd from sub. check on it.

good luck. blessings,

michelle

Old 09-20-2007, 09:49 PM   #4
    mlfoley
    (male)

mlfoley HB User

Will be seeing Md tomarrow on clonadine and other issues. Thanks

Old 09-20-2007, 09:50 PM   #5
    mlfoley
    (male)

mlfoley HB User

Thanks for the support

Old 09-21-2007, 05:51 AM   #6
    loopman
    (male)

loopman HB User

Hey mfoley,

It seems like it is to soon for you to quit the sub. The successes that I have studied, it took a minimum of 6 months with a very slow and easy taper. This stuff IS just a substitute (man made one). It is a legal substitute. You should stay on it long enough for your brain to heal from the cravings. If you quit without the slow taper you will go into wd. Most successes it took a year.

It's beautiful in Montana.

Good Luck,
    Loop

Old 09-21-2007, 08:40 AM   #7
    Mo7609
    (female)

Mo7609 HB User

From what I was told suboxine is just another opiod. I was trying to get into a research study with suboxine that they implant under the skin but since I am a chronic pain patient they wouldn't do it. Good luck to you... I am now in day 5 of detox from oxy so I know how you feel. Mo

Old 09-22-2007, 11:08 AM   #8
    mlfoley
    (male)

mlfoley HB User

Mo,
    I'm now in day 7 and all most tetoxed. Very little disconfort. I have to admit that this was the easiest WD I've ever done now when I look back but my Dr. lead me to believe it would be so easy I'd hardly notice when I quit. Obviously I tried comeing off too fast as I was only on the Suboxone about 2 1/2 months. In that time I went from 75 mg a day to zip so that's why my first post sounded angry and frustrating. I wish I would have had a more knowledgeable DR. But what the heck I'm feeling almost human.
    Thanks for your support.
    mlfoley

Old 09-22-2007, 11:09 AM   #9
    mlfoley
    (male)

mlfoley HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by loopman View Post
    Hey mfoley,

It seems like it is to soon for you to quit the sub. The successes that I have studied, it took a minimum of 6 months with a very slow and easy taper. This stuff IS just a substitute (man made one). It is a legal substitute. You should stay on it long enough for your brain to heal from the cravings. If you quit without the slow taper you will go into wd. Most successes it took a year.

It's beautiful in Montana.

Good Luck,
    Loop

Old 09-22-2007, 11:16 AM   #10
    mlfoley
    (male)

mlfoley HB User

Loopman,
    I think your right on. I was only on the suboxone for about 2 1/2 months. I started at about 75 mg a day to zip in that time. I have to admit when I look back that it was over all the easiest WD I ever had but was still WD. My Dr. wasn't very knowledgeable but I think he' learning. There's only two Drs. in Montana licensed to perscribe Suboxone and their 500 milles apart. Suboxone is so new here nobody knows anything about it and the only Pharmacy that will get it for you is Costco.
    Thanks for the support.
    mlfoley

Old 09-22-2007, 11:27 AM   #11
    mlfoley
    (male)

mlfoley HB User

oh-notagain,
    I'm 7 days into WD and almost human. You're right I jumped to quickly. I started at about 75 mg a day about 2 1/2 months ago and tapered quickly. I know have to admit looking back that it was the easiest WD I've ever had but still WD. My Dr. lead me to believe that when I came off I would hardly notice it. Suboxone is so new here that there are only two Drs in the state that are licensed to write scripts and their 500 miles apart. But My DR. is learning as I'm his first successfull paitient and we had good communication. I did get some clonidine and that did help the last couple of days. I'm feeling good today.
    Thanks for the support.
    mlfoley

Old 09-22-2007, 02:08 PM   #12
    oh-notagain
    Veteran
    (female)

oh-notagain HB User

are you sure it was 75mg? ive never heard of anyone taking that much sub.
    just for my own knowledge, b/c i am tapering and hoping to quit sub very soon, how many mg did you take the very last time you took it?

im so glad to see that your through the rough stuff !!! i wish you health and prosperity and blessings in your life! do all you need to do to stay quit, ok?

thanks,

michelle

Old 09-22-2007, 06:55 PM   #13
    spark-o-cet
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

spark-o-cet HB User

im like you notagain,iv never heard anybody taken 75mg sub.i think 32mg is the most a dr can scribe for addiction/cant imagine anyone needin more than this.i dont think he was on 75mg or more of sub-must have been something else.good luck-spark

Old 09-23-2007, 12:48 AM   #14
    mlfoley
    (male)

mlfoley HB User

oh-notagain,
    Yes I was on three tabs of 8mg Buprenophine/2mg Naloxone 3 time a day. See my first post. My Dr. said it depended on the way I injested the Morphine and the amount. I was using a Morphine pump with a catherter directly into my brain and spinal fluid. Very efficient don"t you think?
    mlfoley

Old 09-23-2007, 12:50 AM   #15
    mlfoley
    (male)

mlfoley HB User

spark-o-cet
    oh-notagain,
    Yes I was on three tabs of 8mg Buprenophine/2mg Naloxone 3 time a day. See my first post. My Dr. said it depended on the way I injested the Morphine and the amount. I was using a Morphine pump with a catherter directly into my brain and spinal fluid. Very efficient don"t you think?
    mlfoley

Closed Thread