It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

• Off Suboxone.... 6 days and counting

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-07-2007, 03:26 PM   #16
    Over It 2day
    (female)

Over It 2day HB User
    Re: Off Suboxone.... 6 days and counting

who's telling you that tapering off .25mg was easy? must be the other pro sub board. the advice give of tapering down to .15mg for 5 days , then alternate days is the best way to go. sometimes, I think CT is better than tapering. when tapering, you're still ingesting sub into your bone marrow! are you taking amino acids as well? are you exercising to help the endorphin production? that all helps . I had sub WD for over a month. the insomnia and the depersonalization - i hated it.

but remember to keep your eye on the prize! Don't worry about the WDs or you will scare yourself more. when I was going through it- I still went to school for finals! i remember walking on campus seemed like it was the most torturous thing for me to do at that time. but i kept at it so do the same. don't give up and don't give in to sub. everyday it does improve very slightly but it will take time for your body to re-adjust to no sub. unfortunately, sub seems to get into your bone marrow and stays there. sub is like slooooowww mud dripping from your mu opiate receptors in your brain! sucks? but the truth. Don't give in to the sub!!! YOU are going to beat this no matter what!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-09-2007, 06:01 PM   #17
    spark-o-cet
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

spark-o-cet HB User

i have found that the easiest way to taper sub is like this;

say you are on 10mgs and have been for awhile,then start on a monday and take the reg. 10mg dose.
    tuesday,take 9mg or whatever dose you are shooting for.you will have to break the pill and romove a small chunk of it in some cases.it is mostly guess work until you can get the two mg pills.
    wednesday,take the 10mg dose.
    thursday,take the dose you are shooiting for ie.9mg
    friday,take the 10mg dose.
    saturday,take the dose you are shooting for for.
    sunday,take the 10mg dose.
    if you think you are ready to stay at the 9mg dose then stay on it all the next week,if not repeat all steps upabove,then stay at the 9mg dose.it should and will be a painless step down and it does work.

keep in mind that once you start tapering you cannot taper awhile then go back up in dose,it messes the entire process up,but if that should happen you can easily go back to the same taper schedule.good luck-spark

Old 12-10-2007, 10:37 AM   #18
    g8trgrl15
    Veteran
    (female)

g8trgrl15 HB User

Only fear is My Doc doesn't see it that way and I'm afraid I'll run out of medicine before I can taper like that. I'm going to ask for another script for 2mgs to make the taper easier as all I have is the 8mgs. I know fear is the biggest monster to get over right now. I'm just terrified of w/d's. That's why I went this route in the first place.

Old 12-13-2007, 02:05 PM   #19
    onyR
    (male)

onyR HB User

Yeah, I've learned there is NO FREAKIN' WAY you can get over the WD's of Suboxone in a few days. I'm now on two weeks (I think the last time was 11/29?) and today is really the best day so far, which I would put my overall feeling at about 70% better than day one.

Still have trouble sleeping, but ambien helps that. Only thing really that takes the edge off. I haven't been able to eat, but taking vitamins daily and 'trying' to make sure I eat some every day. I was once a huge guy... 6'4 250+ pounds. After my divorce I went down to about 195. I'm at around 190 now since getting off the meds.

Anyway, yeah the few days of WD's from my doctor from just .25 mg a day was a crock. I just hope after the weekend I can get back to normal!

Old 12-13-2007, 06:45 PM   #20
    electricguy
    (male)

electricguy HB User

Just thought I would share experience with the sub wd. I'm off for 6 weeks now. There are a lot of good suggestions on these boards, I found the best thing was clonodine and immodium. I was on sub for about 2 yrs around 6mg. Tapered for 3 months down to 1mg and then jumped. Since I was unable to miss any work to offset the tiredness (the lead suit effect) my doc gave me adderall (I know this is controversial as it is introducing yet another addicitve substance) but it worked. I don't have a particular liking for amphetamines and it was made clear to me it was only for a month (off of it for a few weeks now) but it seemed to help. This might not be good for everyone since the w/d can cause anxiety and elevated restlessness, of which amphetamines can complicate. Again, just something that worked for me under a tightly controlled situation. Other than that, I am feeling better every day... its a very slow process but you can notice improvement as time goes on. Energy for me is still coming up. For anyone who is taking the sub and wants off I would recommend it! Good luck!

Old 12-15-2007, 12:42 PM   #21
    onyR
    (male)

onyR HB User

Man, today is like a week ago for some reason. Really tired and can't get much sleep even with my trusty ambien. I haven't taken any clonodine lately because it makes me tired, not sure if that would help me right now.

Why are some days good, making me think I'm getting over the hump, then it gets worse a few days later????

Old 12-15-2007, 10:43 PM   #22
    granny0
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

granny0 HB User

Hey onyR,

All I can say is I wish I had the answer to your question. I've been like that for over 3 months. Some good days but quite a few dark ones also. I think it goes with the territory. All the emotional things we used to bury while self medicating seem to come to the surface.

Hope your feeling better soon.

JB

Old 12-16-2007, 12:07 AM   #23
    zelda77
    (female)

zelda77 HB User

To onR
    Have you been on 16mg for fours years or did you use it only the first year and taper slowly from then? I am currently on 16mg and planning to stay on it for a while.Did you split up your dosage or took it all once in the morning? Thankx!!

Last edited by zelda77; 12-16-2007 at 12:10 AM. Reason: forgot to add person's name

Old 12-17-2007, 10:26 AM   #24
    g8trgrl15
    Veteran
    (female)

g8trgrl15 HB User

Ony,
    It's just that way on Sub. It's like one day will be great, then the next I'll be depressed and very emotional. I don't know why. I'm currently tapering down, I"m on 6 mgs right now. Anyway, hang in there. It gets better once you stabilize out on it.

Old 12-18-2007, 10:20 AM   #25
    fitz31
    (male)

fitz31 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by onyR View Post
    I feel a little better today. Just sort of tired, not like I am wanting to do much of anything. That's been the hardest part... well, that and waking up at 3 a.m. feeling like crap.

I am hoping this will last a few more days and that's it.

But again, I was taking a 2 mg pill and breaking it into small parts. I would say the very last one I took was more around .07 mg of that 2 mg pill. It was SMALL.

I'm just glad I know I will finally be over this crap at some point. I don't think it will be a month. I could see maybe 7-14 days, but no way 4 weeks!
    HI my name is fitz and i`m in the same boat as you, been off of sub for over 1 week and still can`t sleep and vibrate all night, my last dose was so small i could hardly see it. I take sleeping pills and tranqs but still ly awake all night.

Old 12-18-2007, 11:52 AM   #26
    onyR
    (male)

onyR HB User

THREE MONTHS? Geez, for three months it seems it might almost be worth getting back on the stuff to get my life back in order. Working has sucked because there is zero motivation right now. I dread pretty much every day. 3-4 hours a sleep WITH ambien sucks more than I can explain.

I hope it's not three months. Shoot me now!

Old 12-18-2007, 01:00 PM   #27
    Yossarian22
    Veteran
    (male)

Yossarian22 HB User

everyone is different mate, ive been off methadone for 1 month now and im starting to feel good. 3-4 weeks of my legs doing 'the hokey cokey' all night and minimal sleep.

hang in there - it gets a hell of a lot better

yoss22

theres light at the end of the tunnel (or is it just some ******er with a torch)

"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."

Old 12-20-2007, 05:40 AM   #28
    backyardchaos
    (male)

backyardchaos HB User

you have to be kidding. i had severe i mean SEVERE WITHDRAWLS after day 5, awake 16 days & all your bones feel like they are moving inside your skin. I remember 5 months later saying i might as well shoot myself i will never come off this. 5 months of withdrawls people. i got back on bupe after was forced off it in prison i will never ever ever ever come off it ever ever again. if anyone is thinking aboiut coming off bupe call your doc do not try it alone you will die or wanna be dead. 100 times worse than herion !

Old 12-20-2007, 01:04 PM   #29
    onyR
    (male)

onyR HB User
    The answer???

Might have found the key!

The reason I started taking hydro in the first place was because of a herniated disk (L5S1) in 2002. I only had two ESI's to try and fix the problem. It helped, but the pain was still always there.

Three weeks w/o Suboxone and as of yesterday still felt horrible. I went back to my family doctor and told him about the pain and the WD's still hanging around. He prescribed me Ultram ER, 200mg. I took one yesterday around 1 p.m. By 8 p.m. I felt almost 100% NORMAL AGAIN!

Today I feel soooooooo much better. My back is not hurting and the WD's area almost all gone. In fact, last night I felt so good I did a massive house cleaning... which I haven't felt like doing for three weeks now.

Amazing. The Ultram ER doesn't effect me at all, meaning I can't feel it like I would suboxone or hydro. It just helps the pain and stopped the WDs. One a day and I can feel normal again.

Old 12-20-2007, 02:21 PM   #30
    Winnie31
    (female)

Winnie31 HB User

onyR,

Please please please watch out with the Ultram. It is very addiciting and I know of a lot of people who had a hell of a time getting off of this medication to. I for one took this medication and the withdrawls were the worst... even worse I feel than getting off of Lortab. This drug is a opiate just like the Hydro's and it does give you energy and makes you feel like a million bucks because it messes with the seratonin in your brain. I feel doctors are not giving out the right information on this drug and most of us had to find out the hard way. It not a road you want to travel believe me!! just wanted you to know!!

Winnie

Closed Thread