It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

• Off Suboxone.... 6 days and counting

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-21-2008, 02:43 PM   #46
    g8trgrl15
    Veteran
    (female)

g8trgrl15 HB User
    Re: Off Suboxone.... 6 days and counting

today will be the first on 3mgs.. thanks for asking.. I had this exercise plan all in place, but the first week due to female reasons I wasn't able to start the program. Now, it's cold.... (I know in the back of my mind it's excuses, but what do you do? Less of getting someone to forcefully take me there.) Now I'm fairly active. I'm certainly not on the couch all day. I have a busy job that keeps me up and down, and 2 kids I chase after. So I never set down. Plus I've been playing with my son's Wii.. lol That thing is cool. And I've lost weight, which most of us do in withdrawal. So as long as I convince myself to take a few classes every now and again, then start the boot camp when it's warmer... maybe I might have the bikini body I want for the summer..

I always get nervous when it's time to taper, but 4 to 3 shouldn't be so bad.
    HOPEFULLY!!!!!

G8TRGRL

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-21-2008, 03:02 PM   #47
    mindfulness
    (male)

mindfulness HB User

Hey G8tr,
    I know it isn't easy and you have to be ready. No one can make you let go of the crutch. When you feel it is the right time then you go for it. I can tell you though that from 4 to 3 and even from 3 to 2 were not problems for me at all. If you do decide to decrease the dosage and it doesn't feel like it is the right time then just go back up. But my advice is that once you get past 3 days or so of a decrease try not to go back up because part of the hard part of that step is over.

Anyway, today is day 8 sub free and I have to tell you.....I feel pretty good... A little bored to be honest. My mind is wandering to places I do not want it to go (drug wise) but as long as I keep busy I can get through that. Other than that my physical withdrawals are 90% gone and I had plenty of energy at work today. Hope tomorrow is as good as today.

Last bit of pain in the butt advice....If you don't feel like excercising (and I know the feeling) try to make yourself do like 10 push ups or 20 sit ups while watching tv or right before you go in the shower. Anything is better than nothing.

Old 01-23-2008, 01:39 PM   #48
    g8trgrl15
    Veteran
    (female)

g8trgrl15 HB User

Thanks so much for the advice. I'm so glad to hear of someone that's came off of sub and lives to tell about it. I know that exercising is the key, so I'm really trying to get to that.. even if it's just a little bit. And learning to control those "unwanted thoughts" will come with time. It's a control issue as well.

Take it easy!!

g8trgrl

Old 01-23-2008, 03:45 PM   #49
    mano2008
    Inactive
    (male)

mano2008 HB User

mindfulness...congratulations!! I'm glad to hear you're doing so well. Your advice was all excellent. How long were you on sub, and what dose did you start at, may I ask? Any counceling with treatment?

The exercise is crucial, and it should be consistant, every day...It doesn't have to be a lot at first, but something, even a 1 mile walk. I'm currently walking 2 miles a day through the woods with my dog, and it really helps, even in these below freezing temperatures.

I'm right behind you...down to 1.3 mg a day after a year of tapering, and planning on dropping to 1 mg Friday. I'm feeling good too and am hoping to stop around March 1st, if not sooner.

mano

Closed Thread