It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

• trying to get off opiates

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-14-2008, 10:36 AM   #16
    acaptainn
    (male)

acaptainn HB User
    Re: trying to get off opiates

Im casting a vote that you go to the E.R. as Reach suggested. THIS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT THING YOU WILL EVER DO.>>>>> Stopping the Drugs

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-14-2008, 10:51 AM   #17
    Spork Schivago
    (male)

Spork Schivago HB User

this is bad. my dealer just called and knows that i'm hurting real bad. he said he's about 20 mins away from home. i called another doctors office though about 20 miles away and told them everything. i told them i was at day 2 trying cold turkey and that i knew i wasn't going to make it until the end of today and they said they want to help me real bad and they're going to try real hard but i gotta go see a doctor there and they put me threw to their office and it was a voice mail and i left a messege and i was crying and i told them everything and i don't know what to do. i told my dealer i was going to wait to see if the doctor calls back. they said on the message they'd call back by the end of the day. thanks guys. it's just so hard. it's soooo hard. i don't know how you guys did it. i don't want to be on drugs anymore but i can't do this. what happens if i go to the er? are they going to put me in rehab? i have a dentist appointment at 3 and i've canceled twice before. i have to go unless the doc calls and say i can get in there at or around 3. i don't see how the dentist is going to clean my teeth though cuz i can't stop crying. i've made it this far without anything from my last post. i know it's probably only been like 30 mins or something but it seems like a life time. my friend Beth was giving me support and her boyfriend Jay came in and he's giving me support. But i dunno. it's just that they don't understand cuz they never went threw this and you guys have and from the other posts it sez that day 3 and 4 are even harder than day 2 and i can't imagine anything harder than this. i don't want to buy any drugs until the doc calls but i think when my dealer calls when he gets back, i'm going to go buy stuff. he's probably going to give them to me for free to "help" me out. i know it wouldn't be a good idea to even just take a little from him to hold me over but it's so hard knowing he's got them and all i have to do is go over there and end all of this stuff i'm going threw right now. i keep thinking though that it'll just make that much harder next time. thanks for the support guys. if i make it till tomorrow, it will be a miricle. my only hope now is the doc in elmira i think. i stopped praying to God a long time ago but i'm going to start just for a little bit today. I have lost a lot of friends from drug over doses and suicide. I don't want to end up like them. how did i get into these sooooo bad? God help me. thanks guys. If it wasn't for you guys, i wouldn't of come this far.

Old 02-14-2008, 11:05 AM   #18
    mk7657
    Veteran
    (male)

mk7657 HB User

Hi spork.

Day 3 and 4 are bad, without a doubt. Just think, however, that after that interval of time, it gets better. I AM SOO GLAD THAT I'M OFF OF THOSE ******* PILLS. You will be too. Stay strong, friend. YOU CAN DO THIS. Many others have detoxed before us, and they are soo happy to be free, clean and sober, overflowing with natural God-given Joy! There is a prize waiting for you at the end of this ****.

mk

Old 02-14-2008, 11:25 AM   #19
    reachout
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

reachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB User

Spork

I am a bit pressed for time at the moment, so quickly...

The high anxiety is a rsult of the withdrawal.... it is anxirty, horrible, but will not make you drop dead, Honey. Go work it out... physically. Start some old marching drills.... concentrate on them... "Hup, two thre four, I can do this a little more...."

BREATH... slow and steady and MARCH.... you will calm down, it will ease up.

I am with you in spirit, Friend
    reach

Old 02-14-2008, 12:00 PM   #20
    bajaboats
    Veteran
    (male)

bajaboats HB User

Hey Spork,

Hope your doing well.
    I know you feel like total ****** right now but I just kept reading and reading.
    Posting and posting on this board.
    It really did help me thru my tuff times.

I felt better knowing someone had walked in my shoes and could tell me I wans't going to die and I felt like I was going to buddy.

The prize at the end it worth it.
    I'm only on Nine and WOW..

I, Myself am a God fearing man. I pray constantly and daily. I beleive it has also given me the strength to keep on my path.

Trust me, It can be done.

Many have done before and you can too.

Think good thoughts, watch a movie workout what ever it takes to get your mind off the junk.

Peace Bud.
    Baja...

P.S. I would vote for ER before the dealer too. If you are going to get better no time like now. The dealer will just makle it worse. He is not your friend as he claims he may be.

Last edited by bajaboats; 02-14-2008 at 12:09 PM.

Old 02-14-2008, 12:22 PM   #21
    bajaboats
    Veteran
    (male)

bajaboats HB User

Hey Spork,
    They won't hurt you in the ER man!

They will help you!!

They will help you more than the junk will and screw the dentist. They will get over it. Like reachout said. Think about spork getting better and screw everything else. The other stuff is a whole lot easier to fix than this.

I'm praying for you too bud.

Peace.
    Baja...

Last edited by bajaboats; 02-14-2008 at 12:23 PM.

Old 02-14-2008, 01:25 PM   #22
    Spork Schivago
    (male)

Spork Schivago HB User

well...sorry guys. The dentist was rough. I had to tell them what was going on. Before that, I looked up the sub docs on the net and found that Guthrie in Corning did in fact have one doc....his stuff had been maxed out or something though. They gave me a number to a doc in dans ville. I couldn't stop crying on the phone and all that. I have an appointment up there tomorrow and after that, I get to see the doctor. I feel fine now but I bought two sub's off the street. I figured the lesser of two evils? I don't have a buzz or anything. I feel kinda normal though. I only took one of them. I will continue trying. Not cold turkey for a while I don't think. I'm not going back to the opiates though. The earliest I can see the doc is probably on Tuesday. So I go up tomorrow for the intake or whatever...and then they schedule an appointment with the doc if they deem necessary. I just have to make this other sub last until tuesday...no sweat, right?

Sorry for letting you all down. Thanks for all the great support. I will keep trying though and I will try to avoid the OC's at all cost. I hate them. I truly hate them.

Spork

Old 02-14-2008, 02:12 PM   #23
    mk7657
    Veteran
    (male)

mk7657 HB User

Aw, you can't let down a bunch of addicts.

We know how hard it is, friend. When my doctor gave me the maintenance dose of 6 vicodin a day, I went back two times, crying that the medicine wasn't strong enough. A sub doctor may go a little easier on you, but the PCP docs will give you only enough medicine to make you "comfortable." Yeah, right! I went into full blown detox with my doctor's maintenance dose.

Spork: Stay strong and fight this thing with everything you've got! It really is a life and death struggle. The drugs blur the reality of death, but when you get clean, you will again have a healthy fear of death. Remember when you had Joy as a child? That will come back, in time.

Life is good without the narcotics, friend, trust me.

mk

Old 02-14-2008, 03:06 PM   #24
    Spork Schivago
    (male)

Spork Schivago HB User

I have a very hard time trying to picture living a life without narcotics. I want to do it though so bad. I have been in the game too long. How does this sub thing work? Anyone know? Since I'm not taking the OC's right now but i'm on the sub, does that mean if I stay on the sub for 5 days, i won't suffer withdrawal? Are the subs addictive? Are they opiates? I know they last a long time. They're really helping right now. I'm not feeling a buzz. Hopefully the doctor will give me the same strength that i'm on now until I get past the whole wanting to inject drugs into my veins. I'm going tomorrow for a meeting to see if I get to see the doc or not. Wish me luck guys.

Peace

-Spork

Old 02-14-2008, 04:37 PM   #25
    bass11
    (male)

bass11 HB User

hey spork Bass here
    man I totally know how you feel man, I tried to quit cold turkey to about 2 weeks ago and was balled up on the floor crying my eyes out in front of my wife, Im 33 and needed help. my wife took me to a rehab clinic for an assesment and , well they said I could do it at home, DETOXING MYSELF. please bud seek professional help , if you have like others have said earlier go to a ER they will help, buying off the steets is a bad idea. At the high dose you was taking you more than likely will need a slow taper of some sort.
    hey were all her to help , GOD knows I need help myself , this forum is a start beleive me, there are alot of people with alot of knowledge here, but were no doctors, hope you can get in soon to see someone.
    just remember were here for you, its tuff , but the end result of being clean is alot better than what lies ahead if you keep taking this stuff . bass

Old 02-14-2008, 07:01 PM   #26
    Spork Schivago
    (male)

Spork Schivago HB User

Friday at 11 AM I see a doctor about getting some sub's. They know I bought these off the streets. The one that I took earlier isn't working that well right now. I'm not going to take the other one until Sunday if I can help it. My friend is holding onto it for me and has agreed to not give it to me until then. I'll let you all know how the appointment turns out tomorrow.

Spork

Old 02-14-2008, 07:17 PM   #27
    jules3
    Inactive
    (female)

jules3 HB User

please try to hang on till monday..

Old 02-14-2008, 07:42 PM   #28
    DroopyEyes
    (male)

DroopyEyes HB User

Shipmate (yes I know you were in the Corps for awhile- we're brothers anyway...)

I wish I could read this board at work bec I was thinking about you all day. I was/am a Chief and that part of me really was affected by your situation. I'm from Utica originally and I know how things are in your neck of the woods.

Not one of us here judges you. We cheer your victories and we nod our heads in understanding the other times. Kid - we are proud that you are being honest with us...with the docs...with the dentist...and your friends.

Look at what has happened. You have the beginnings of a PLAN. Did you a week ago? NOPE. Start looking at sobriety as baby steps and don't focus on 3 months from now.

In other words, Marine...focus on planning for the mission...not the awards ceremony 6 months from now, right?

Semper fi.

Old 02-15-2008, 04:13 AM   #29
    bajaboats
    Veteran
    (male)

bajaboats HB User

Hey Spork, Good Morning.

How's things going for you.

You got some friends around helping Ya out?
    If not we are all here. Just start posting bud.

Peace.
    Baja

Old 02-15-2008, 05:03 AM   #30
    acaptainn
    (male)

acaptainn HB User

I second what droop said it was ALL greeat advise, IVE been where u are SPORK , hang in there and in HERE.

Do feel our LOVE Spork? WE DO CARE

Closed Thread