It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

• trying to get off opiates

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-19-2008, 09:00 PM   #46
    firelvr
    (female)

firelvr HB User
    Re: trying to get off opiates

Bless your heart..... I know this **** sucks.. I'm on my 16th day without hydro's..... I've been on and off the crap (cough med with hydro too) for 5 years for different surgerys but this time the withdrawals were hell..... So I broke down and told my hubby why I was sick and he was so nice to me..... I also told my Dr. yesterday when I went for a visit to NEVER give me pain meds for anything (he mentioned Ultracet.. I said heck no)and to make sure that was written in my chart..... I'll be thinking and praying for you darlin..... Hugs..... p.s. drink ALOT of water.....

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-19-2008, 09:50 PM   #47
    mk7657
    Veteran
    (male)

mk7657 HB User

Did the doctor say why he couldn't take you on as a patient? That is weird. Why in the H*** did he bother to see you if he couldn't take you on?

I don't want to try and guess what he was thinking, but I hate getting the run-around like that.

I guess it would be best to follow his instructions--I would be p***** though.

My doctor wanted me to go to rehab, which is fine, but every bed in every rehab 60 miles in any direction was taken. I was in peak withdrawal and my wife was mad as H***. I had to call him and tell him what was going on to get my maintenance dose of medicine.

Good luck spork. I'm sorry to hear that you have to go through all of this crap. I had to jump through a few hoops too.

mk

Last edited by mk7657; 02-19-2008 at 09:55 PM.

Old 02-21-2008, 11:34 AM   #48
    mk7657
    Veteran
    (male)

mk7657 HB User

Hey spork.

I was wondering how life was going? Did you decide to go CT, or did you find a Doc to prescribe suboxone?

Posting here regularly helps. I have posted a lot, and it helps me to stay clean. We always worry a little when somebody quits posting. It usually means he is doing well and is lurking, or it means he has relapsed.

Good luck and stay strong.

mk

Old 02-21-2008, 12:47 PM   #49
    Spork Schivago
    (male)

Spork Schivago HB User

I'm still here! Waiting for this suboxone to get out of my system. I've been trying to stay busy. No drugs or anything. I've fixed a couple playstation 2's and a laptop. My friend has a car that needs some work done to it. If the weather gets a little nicer, I'll work on that. I'm not feeling any w/d yet but I think that's cuz the suboxone is still in me. The doctor said he couldn't take me as a patient because I lived to far away yet he told me to go to Tully Hill to try to get it if I needed to which is all the way up in Syracuse...I dunno. I'm just gonna try riding it out. 4 days of hell, right? I can do that...just gotta use everything that I've learned from this you guys and this forum. {:-)

Old 02-21-2008, 02:22 PM   #50
    jules3
    Inactive
    (female)

jules3 HB User

spork, the only thing i can think of is are you able to pay him? and also, most doctors want you to be in some sort of treatment program too. and that is so they dont have to do all the work by themselves...Suboxone is a big time racket and they are making tons of money with their prescribing POWER..

Old 02-21-2008, 02:27 PM   #51
    mk7657
    Veteran
    (male)

mk7657 HB User

Excellent!

I don't know how old you are or what kind of physical condition that you are in. However, it does make a difference on how well you can handle CT detox. I dropped from massive doses of opiates to six vicodin a day and had a He** of a time. I went back to the doctor twice, as I have already pointed out, and cried about six not being enough. I had every symptom in the book. It was embarassing to see the doctor in the condition that I was in (pale skin, sweats, hot and cold, weird odor coming from my pores, vomitting, shakes,...) Needless to say, he wouldn't give me anything stronger. He said to tough it out or go to rehab. I hated the ****** for a while, but when I finally came out of detox, I thanked him for it--if you can believe that.

Well, I have work to do. God bless and stay strong.

mk

Old 02-21-2008, 03:13 PM   #52
    eaffbf
    (female)

eaffbf HB User
    Wink Re: trying to get off opiates

deleated,and reposted, new at this sorry.

Last edited by eaffbf; 02-21-2008 at 03:41 PM. Reason: had more to write and wanted to rewrite my post

Old 02-21-2008, 03:36 PM   #53
    eaffbf
    (female)

eaffbf HB User
    Questions??

Hi I am new here . I have some questions. I have been taking vicoden for a long time take up to 8-10 a day, now my doc has me on 7.5 /325 norco's and and take up to 7 a day. i also take soma's, i don't usually take them together by just recently started doing so. I am worried about if this is dangerous. When i take Soma, i have taken up to 20 a day, but usually 10. I am beginging to think i have a problem,i know i need to stop the pills but i am scared. please help
    Also how do i know if someone has replyed to my message does a notification come though or do i just check the thread? i am not sure of this works, but i have been reading though the other threads and have been inspired to find a way to quit the pills

Old 02-22-2008, 09:34 AM   #54
    bajaboats
    Veteran
    (male)

bajaboats HB User
    Re: Questions??

Hang tuff Spork.
    Your doing fine Bud.

Hey eaffbf.

I did a rapid taper off Oxy that started with a simular Hydro habit as you have.

Do some searches here and on the net about the taper methods. Each person is different so you will know which is best for you.

Better yet. Ask the Doc for help. I did and now I am on day 17 CLEAN from 120 mgs of Oxy per day.

The doc is a pro and I was honest and he helped.

Hope this helps.

Peace.
    Baja

Old 02-25-2008, 04:26 PM   #55
    eaffbf
    (female)

eaffbf HB User

Thanks Baja for your support. I really don't know much about taper methods. Should i just google it? i don't know even were to begin. I am really scared. I have been reading though allot of the threads and i can relate to allot of them. Especially the RLS, it is terrable!! well thanks for listening, any help or advice from anyone will be greatly appreciated. thanks! eaffbf.

Old 02-25-2008, 04:44 PM   #56
    Laurie434
    (female)

Laurie434 HB User

Hi Eafbf,
    I took have been taking Norco since Aug. 07. Someone suggested to me tapering off slowly .....1/2 pill about once a week or when you feel your body is ready to go down to the next lower dose. Good luck!!!! I am right there with you! I am doing the same thing. Down to 1 and a half per day! I never want to take this stuff again! Wishing you all the best in your journey! Laurie434

Old 02-25-2008, 05:42 PM   #57
    eaffbf
    (female)

eaffbf HB User

Thanks for you help and support Laurie.
    Today i have taken 45mg of Norco, which is better than usual.And i have taken no Soma, but the RLS drives me nuts! anything that helps with that. I can't get a good nights' sleep at all.
    so i cut down a half each week? any good web sites you have been to that are helpful?
    I also smoke and my husband is really on me to quit that as well , i can't do it all, i feel over whelmed. I also have a history of coke addiction and meth use, but i have been free of that for over two years! that was no picnic either.
    I can just see where this road is leading with the pils, i have too many friends that have ruined their lives with drugs and it makes me mad and frustrated that i am were i am.
    I have not had the easies of lives, but that is really no excuse. I just don't know.
    Thanks for support and caring!

Old 02-25-2008, 10:12 PM   #58
    Spork Schivago
    (male)

Spork Schivago HB User

this is jay. ken told me to tell every one he has gone to re hab and will be back in about a month.

Old 02-26-2008, 03:10 AM   #59
    bajaboats
    Veteran
    (male)

bajaboats HB User

Good for him,

We Will Be here when he gets out. I glad to hear he is getting the help he needs.

Tell him Baja Says HI and that I'm praying for him.

Peace.
    Baja

Old 02-26-2008, 03:25 AM   #60
    bajaboats
    Veteran
    (male)

bajaboats HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by eaffbf View Post
    Thanks for you help and support Laurie.
    Today i have taken 45mg of Norco, which is better than usual.And i have taken no Soma, but the RLS drives me nuts! anything that helps with that. I can't get a good nights' sleep at all.
    so i cut down a half each week? any good web sites you have been to that are helpful?
    I also smoke and my husband is really on me to quit that as well , i can't do it all, i feel over whelmed. I also have a history of coke addiction and meth use, but i have been free of that for over two years! that was no picnic either.
    I can just see where this road is leading with the pils, i have too many friends that have ruined their lives with drugs and it makes me mad and frustrated that i am were i am.
    I have not had the easies of lives, but that is really no excuse. I just don't know.
    Thanks for support and caring!

Hey eaffbf,
    I only had the RLS for one day. It didn't really bother me so I can't help with that one but I also somke cigs. I am under the supervision of Two Doc's (Body and Mind) and both have told me to NOT to try to quit smoking yet. My medical Doc says he will tell me when I can quit. I go in today for my weekly appointment and I am going to ask again but I am only on day 21 clean. He does not want me to bite off more than I can chew.
    The detox off Oxy was Hell. He said if I can do this I will have no problems with the cigs WHEN he feel I'm ready. I have quit before and I can do it again.
    Don't worry about the cigs for now. Getting off the Norco's is the BIGGIE. Just take baby steps and before you know it you will be back to you wonderfull self again.

Hope this helps.

Peace.
    Baja

Closed Thread