It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

• 5 Days clean off opiates - 1st post

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-29-2008, 08:32 AM   #1
    smeezy
    (male)

smeezy HB User
    Thumbs up 5 Days clean off opiates - 1st post

Hey everybody, i'm new here, but i plan on sticking around, this site is very educational and helpful.
    here's my background.

im a healthy 23 year old. i had back surgery for a ruptured disc back in Aug '07, and ofcourse i was given opiates for the pain after. i have been taking lortabs 7.5's (5 - 10 a day) ever since the surgery. also the last two months i have been taking oxycontin (not prescirbed), anywhere from 40 - 100 mg's a day, but not everyday, i would say 5 or 6 out of every 7 days. i know that i was having a problem and needed to quit.

on monday morning (02/25/08) i went to my same dr that has been giving the the lortabs, and told him that i thought i had a problem and that i wanted to quit. i hadnt taken anything since early sunday morning, so i was withdrawling when i got there He got me on suboxone for the withdrawals and it has been a rough ride, but the sub has made it manageable.

He has me on a really rapid cycle of the suboxone. monday, tuesday, and wednesday, i took 16mg (8 2mg pills). thursday 7 pills, friday (today) 6 pills, then 5 sat, and so on all the way down to 1 and then 0.

so far i am feeling really good, today is day 5, and i am really proud of myself

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-29-2008, 08:57 AM   #2
    Angiejr2
    (female)

Angiejr2 HB User
    Re: 5 Days clean off opiates - 1st post

You should be very proud of yourself!!! Good going! Keep posting with your progress

~Angie

Old 02-29-2008, 09:34 AM   #3
    logalind
    (female)

logalind HB User

U r my hero!!! really this is the hardest thing to do and you are doing it. You realized you had a problem and faced it head on. Right ON! You go boy!. Keep it up if you get a little edgy long on and we will all be here. Keep posting you give us all hope we can beat this beast together....

Love Ya,
    Lori

Last edited by logalind; 02-29-2008 at 12:21 PM.

Old 02-29-2008, 09:52 AM   #4
    smeezy
    (male)

smeezy HB User

thanks guys for the support and words of encouragement.
    i have a question about the suboxone.

i see everyone else on here that is prescribed the suboxone for months, and mine is only for like ten days. is mine only 10 days so that it makes it harder for me to get addicted to the suboxone? or is it not long enough to be on the sub? thanks in advance guys.

Old 02-29-2008, 12:20 PM   #5
    logalind
    (female)

logalind HB User

me myself to be honest I don't think it was long enough for me. But, that is just me. I think I would have been better off being on it longer but, the doctor was a real jerk and refused to listen to me. Talk to your doctor and if you need more time talk to him tell him what you feel you know your body. the 10 days may be enough but for me it wasn't and I knew it. I feel because I didn't make a big enough fuss and because it was an hmo and I didn't know my rights that I set myself up for relapse. Again this was just me. I am a slow learner maybe you will be able to do it. i have friends in rehab who were able to do the short term time and did great. Meetings Meetings Meetings are important.... Any questions just ask we are here 4 u just as u help us.

Thanks,
    Lori
    I can't reinterate enough that this was me my situation. Yours could be different. It is very important that you make sure the doctor listens to you if not find another one.... I know this sounds mello dramatic but you are literally fighting for ur life.

Last edited by logalind; 02-29-2008 at 12:22 PM. Reason: added a sentence

Old 02-29-2008, 01:25 PM   #6
    bajaboats
    Veteran
    (male)

bajaboats HB User

Hey smeezy,
    Keep up the good work Bud.

I had a many injuries and got on the Hydros then up-graded to The Oxy too.

I was up to 120mgs/day but mostly 80ms/day. Only for 5 or 6 months, I really can't remember (I wonder why??) :-) Duh

I did not go on SUB. I did a rapid taper in about 3 weeks I was clean but OUCH!!
    It hurt BAD. The W/D's that is.

I'm on 24 days totally clean. Nothing but water and Cigs with a DEW in there once in a while.

Good for you,
    Your Doc sounds like a great guy. I have two great Doc's (Mind and Body) that have been helping me tons.
    I'm planning on quitting the cigs at the end of March if the Doc says it's O.K.
    Both told me not to try to quit this soon in recovery.
    I feel 100% normal now and no signs of PAWS.

You will do fine Bud. Remember, there is a road into hell and there is also a road out. You have found the road out. Now just Keep on Keepin' on.

Peace.
    Baja

Old 02-29-2008, 01:44 PM   #7
    smeezy
    (male)

smeezy HB User

thanks baja. i definitely did find the road out, and not a moment too soon!

Closed Thread